The criminally underrated | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The criminally underrated

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Lance Armstrong. Just because he was a cheater with drugs should not eliminate him from best bicyclist ever considerations.
Probably all the riders cheated with drugs. Lance probably outcheated everyone.
He was the best cheater, yes, but he was also the best rider and team captain / leader ever.
The US Postal Service team time trials, led by Lance, were the best I've ever seen. A thing of beauty that no team has replicated since.
Actually saw him ride by near the end of victory #2. We were on vacation in Paris and really just coincidentally on the last day of the Tour Saw him through a crowd along the Rue de Rivoli. We were actually stranded there because we wanted to cross the river but the street was barricaded for several miles waiting for the racers to get to Paris.

Reaction Score
I'm gonna go obscure here: Anthony Young. Should've been at least a .500 pitcher for the Mets, probably better. Instead, he was 5-35 during his 3 years in NY, including a 22-game losing streak (yet still had a positive bWAR!). 3.82 ERA and 3.73 FIP for his career with Mets. His teammates did him wrong. While many of those losses were in relief, for the 16 starts he made during that 22 game losing streak, he received an average of 1.75 run support.
So many current MLB players can be on this list. There are a bunch of great players in the mlb right now that nobody has ever heard of:

Your boy Bryan Reynolds
Luis Arraez
1/2 the Orioles lineup
Yandy Diaz
E. De la Cruz
Etc etc.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'm biased, but I'll go with David Wright. Should have won the MVP in 2007 and without the debilitating back injury he suffered he would've been a Hall of Famer.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Always felt like Bernie Williams got a bit overshadowed during his career and then after his career the "Core 4" kind of further marginalized him.

If anything he was the first guy to break in with those early 90s Yankees that was a mainstay through the dynasty.

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Donovan McNabb’s Eagle career.
Rick Waters Eagles career.
Brian Westbrook’s Eagle career.
UConn 2014 Men’s championship run.
Uncle Cliffs pro career and impact.

Reaction Score
Shaq- 3 Finals mvps in a row and yes he would dominate today.

Tim Duncan- 5 chips, won 3 without the Admiral

Chuck Knoblauch- an inning from winning 4 rings in 4 years with the Yankees. Wasn’t what he was in Minnesota but was always clutch especially in the postseason

Anchovy pizza with pepper flakes- get out of here with Hawaiian pizza.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Criminally underrated?

Dennis Rader

Ed Gein

Reaction Score
Green tea and Red Bean ice cream.
The Office Cringe GIF

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
I'm interpreting it as the most underappreciated by the general public and forgotten in the overall narrative of nba legends. Who talks about Moses Malone? Or Alex English?
I see where you're coming from, but that's just being a victim of time. A lot of great players will eventually not be talked about all that much. Only the best of the best stay in our consciousness. I was thinking the question was more of an underrated in their time, based mostly on the examples you gave. Regardless, it's a good off season topic. Good call.

Reaction Score
Nick Chubb. He may never fully be healthy again but the entire stadium knows he is going to get the ball and he still moves the chains.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom