The Courant Suggests 8 Possible Transfers | The Boneyard

The Courant Suggests 8 Possible Transfers

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Seems like the author is just kinda throwing names out there. Is UCONN interested in them???
Good question. If the article was by Adamec, you know he would have spoken with Geno before writing it. I don't know how wired Stacy is to inside info.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I didn't count any, cuz I don't have access to the article. Who are the 8 (or 5)?
Westbrook, Patterson, Cooks, LaDazhia Williams (S. Carolina), and Emmanuelle Tahane (Missouri) - 5

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Actually, the reference to 8 was in an e-mail notice from the Courant about the article. Sorry gang.

Reaction Score
So we learned nothing new....
I have never learned anything new from an article by Kelli Stacy. If the headline writer had included “5” in the headline I would have known it was her and not wasted one of this device’s free monthly Courant views.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Love any of Westbrook, Cooks, Patterson. The other two? Not convinced they help all that much especially if they have to sit a year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I have never learned anything new from an article by Kelli Stacy. If the headline writer had included “5” in the headline I would have known it was her and not wasted one of this device’s free monthly Courant views.

Hey @j66kicker just clean your cookie and get another 5 views.

Reaction Score
Cook gave me interest. Not that ONO NEEDS help but relief for her would be nice.

Reaction Score
Cooks is visiting Mississippi State with 2 other recruits. Vic has been recruiting very well the last few years wouldn’t surprise me at all she comitts over the weekend. I’m sure AEH will have something to say to cooks about UCONN. Would be shocked if she even considers UCONN. Think the only chance we have is Westbrook and all the list posted will all have to sit a year so what’s the point ... we need players for next season period!!! Only one who has a chance for a waiver would be Westbrook. Sorry but this article is rubbish

Reaction Score
Love any of Westbrook, Cooks, Patterson. The other two? Not convinced they help all that much especially if they have to sit a year.
All three seem to bring issues. Westerbrook ?. Patterson and Cook appear to be PT. While PT may be less of an issue guarantees in that regard are not given.
Then there is no guarantee, except for Westerbrook, that next year (nov) when they will be needed, waivers will be granted for Patterson and Cook. How will having them impact the 2020/21 incoming recruits.
Am I glad I don't have Geno/CD/Shea/Jazmine's job--head crunching - hurts.

Reaction Score
Danielle Patterson, F, Notre Dame
Evina Westbrook, G, Tennessee
Sidney Cooks
, a 6-foot-4 forward from Michigan State - averaged 9.5 points and 4.5 rebounds her sophomore season, starting in eight games. Cooks was the fifth-ranked prospect in her recruiting class and ranked second at her position.
LaDazhia Williams - 6-foot-2 forward played in 48 games. She was a five-star recruit out of high school, with ESPN ranking her 48th in her recruiting class.
Emmanuelle Tahane, F, Missouri - 6-foot-1 averaged 13.4 minutes last season, scoring 3.3 points and grabbing 2.7 rebounds per game.
Ok Oldude which one's do YOU like, and why??? Value your analysis.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I think this is a situation of "cant see the forest for the trees"

Williams, Cooks, and Patterson will all have to sit for a year. That makes them eligible in 2020. In 2020 we could potentially have any of the combination: Hannah Gusters, Aliyah Edwards, Kamila Cardosa, Angel Reese. So I guess you need to look at it from that standpoint. Does the ends justify the means. I am thinking no. Westbrook is a different story as she would likely be immediately eligible. So if you want size there is no one on that list that is going to help in 2019-2020.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think this is a situation of "cant see the forest for the trees"

Williams, Cooks, and Patterson will all have to sit for a year. That makes them eligible in 2020. In 2020 we could potentially have any of the combination: Hannah Gusters, Aliyah Edwards, Kamila Cardosa, Angel Reese. So I guess you need to look at it from that standpoint. Does the ends justify the means. I am thinking no. Westbrook is a different story as she would likely be immediately eligible. So if you want size there is no one on that list that is going to help in 2019-2020.
Nevertheless with the way the NCAA judges eligibility how can you be 100% certain? Even in Westbrook's case there is no guarantee. Only Vegas gives odds. As a coach you accept a transfer, put in your application for a waiver and hope for the best.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom