OT: - The Coronavirus thread (merged thread) | Page 10 | The Boneyard

OT: The Coronavirus thread (merged thread)

Which items you can not buy right now

• Mask

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Toilet Paper/ Face Tissue

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • Can Foods

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Hand Sanitizer

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • Rice/ Flour/ Instant Noodle

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Eggs

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Milk/ Cheese

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Meats/ Frozen foods

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bread/ Cookie/ Potato Chip

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Others (Please specify)

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
12.jpg

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Here is a brief clip from inside the cockpit of the Air Force Thunderbirds Las Vegas flyover on Saturday.

They were six across and only 3 feet between each other wing to wing.

Was that Tom Cruise in the pilot's seat? :)

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I have an acquaintance, a wonderful artist, semi-genius, serious patron of the arts...who wrote to me this evening with respect to my concerns of inequality with who suffers during this plague (noted above)

"The pandemic is indeed creating havoc to the the economies of the whole world. The necessary confinement has destroyed the economies of countries as diverse as The United States, France, Egypt and Lebanon and many more. It is worse than the 1928 crash and perhaps even worse than the black plague. In Lebanon about 40 to 50% of the population is brought to the starvation level! And the end is not in sight, not until a vaccine or cure of some sort can be devised."

I hope his fears are exaggerated.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well after two months... I managed to get my paws on some hand sanitizer. I saw an ad in the paper for Faber Sanitizer... a 1 liter bottle for 10 dollars.... called the store to make sure they still had some.. cause its a 20-25 minute drive. Its 80% alcohol... and in large lettering on the bottle it says Do Not Drink.

Faber

faber.jpg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
A daughter, a nurse practitioner specializing in palliative care for the dying, has been up to her neck in COVID19 patients for 3 months. Yesterday she went to breakfast to discover she had lost her sense of taste and smell ... yup, tested positive, so she's out of the fight for at least 2 weeks.

Reaction Score
A daughter, a nurse practitioner specializing in palliative care for the dying, has been up to her neck in COVID19 patients for 3 months. Yesterday she went to breakfast to discover she had lost her sense of taste and smell ... yup, tested positive, so she's out of the fight for at least 2 weeks.
Best wishes for a full recovery.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Rocky,
God bless your daughter. She is one of the heroes in this battle.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Best wishes, Rocky!!!

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score

Prayers for your daughter for a complete recovery. Hang in there.

We worry about our daughter-in-law everyday as she is an RN at Danbury Hospital. Danbury is still a hot spot for CT.

Reaction Score
Well after two months... I managed to get my paws on some hand sanitizer. I saw an ad in the paper for Faber Sanitizer... a 1 liter bottle for 10 dollars.... called the store to make sure they still had some.. cause its a 20-25 minute drive. Its 80% alcohol... and in large lettering on the bottle it says Do Not Drink.

Faber

View attachment 54394
Congratulations! Have to admit, in the picture, if one doesn't read, the bottles look more like something one would drink than something one would use to clean or sanitize with. I am curious how things like this vary in different locations. Here in Austin, grocery shopping seems almost normal in terms of supply. I have gotten hand sanitizer, bleach, and non-bleach laundry disinfectant. I'm still looking in vain for non-bleach disinfecting cleaners for general household use. Prices have gone up. I admit that in the past I paid little attention to the price of most individual items so now I can't generally say exactly what went up and by how much. I just know that when everything is rung up, I am unpleasantly surprised by the total. Every now and then the price of an item I used to buy is eye catching enough that I put the item back on the shelf and quickly make a shopping plan B. Good news, economically speaking, is that my partner does and has always done most of the major food shopping! She tells me that, not surprisingly, protein food prices have gone up the most. That and cleaning supplies.

Reaction Score

I will be looking here hoping for good news! I have so much respect for your daughter and other health care workers risking their own life and health to work with others.

Reaction Score
Pray for your daughter and God will bless her. She is a hero and pray she is recovering soon.

Reaction Score
I hope she has a full recovery with no after affects Rocky. My daughter just graduated from the University of Maryland School of Nursing and is getting ready to "hit the front lines", so to speak, as soon as she finishes her board exams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TBall

Top Bottom