The cord-cutter's guide to (legally) watching college football | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The cord-cutter's guide to (legally) watching college football

Status
Not open for further replies.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
You might be able to get the game on ESPN 3.
Not a CBS sports network game, unless CBS changed their app then there is no way to stream this game.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Not a CBS sports network game, unless CBS changed their app then there is no way to stream this game.
Great. So that means WTIC for me.

Reaction Score
Just get a VPN and connect from a US server and you should be able to access most streaming sites as if you were in the States.

Folks, I also found a non-VPN solution in the last day in the event anybody’s interested in international access. ESPN actually has a package that I think is only accessible from outside of the country. I reached it via www.ESPNplayer.com and I signed up for the following:

upload_2016-9-4_15-18-9.png

I could have watched the Maine game had I gotten up at 3 AM, or could have watched it on demand before knowing the score had I planned properly. I am about half way through it now in any event.

I don’t see the Navy game listed on the schedule and the schedule does not go out as far as the Virginia game at this time.

A lot of games were available yesterday.

Note I also get "every match from March Madness" as part of the $164.99 I paid. If that is not trick wording (i.e., "match(es)", yes, but not "game(s)"), this may be a better deal that what I was paying in the US.

Folks at home, please keep those tax breaks coming for the world wide leader. Thanks!

Personal OT: As of this post, I am at:

Just saying. If someone does me a solid, I might win the secret boneyard Escalade raffle/jackpot/hole-in-one prize.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
UConn Dan, thank you Sir. You have chip in the game now (as it relates to borrowing the Escalade (if/when I get one)).

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I have a Roku and was watching some of the Virginia game on Watch ESPN.

Just an awful viewing experience. I have no problem paying for cable to actually enjoy watching games.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
After my MLB package runs out with DirecTV I'm switching to Vue... I've already got a host of Playstations.. If it sucks I cancel and go back to paying way to much for DirecTV for a better rate than I'm paying now. Maybe I try Xfinity...

Reaction Score
My only problem with Vue is that I don't get ABC (except on demand) so if i wanted to watch those, I had to go to CBS on my laptop and plug that into my TV. Which works, but is somewhat annoying.

IMind

Wildly Inaccurate
Reaction Score
My only problem with Vue is that I don't get ABC (except on demand) so if i wanted to watch those, I had to go to CBS on my laptop and plug that into my TV. Which works, but is somewhat annoying.

I got an absurd deal from Comcast where I get limited basic cable plus 150mbs internet for ~$45 a month... So I'm pretty much set there... I'm going to get a cheap HDTV antenna one of these days to see what I pull in that way too. But I checked the Vue line up and I get 99% of what I watch for about $100 less per month than DirecTV.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Time for me to have "the talk" with Comcast. If they can't give me Internet and TV for close to internet only + Vue... Then hello Vue.
We have Xfinity 1 and a two year contract until February 2018. Had to get it when OnDemand S.t.B. and my postpartum/nursing wife was left with virtual nothing but infomercials or soft core in the middle of the night. Comcast Customer service is some of the worst in the land and I am hopeful that the live streaming will be good enough for this sports junkie to fully cut the cord when the contract expires. I just finished my basement and I'm in the market for a 50 inch screen, but I really do not want to get another box from Comcast so I was hoping to test out some of these alternative streaming services.

Reaction Score
My only problem with Vue is that I don't get ABC
Agree on not getting ABC but most ABC sporting events are on ESPN3. But for those that aren't (Saturday's Houston/Oklahoma game) I got an over-the-air antenna and picked up WTNH from New Haven no problem.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
This still won't work for CT residents watching a lot of UCONN sports...
1) No SNY, so access to ESPN3 won't do you anything.
2) No CBSSN.

Until a cord-cutting option fixes this problem, it's a non-starter.

Can't wait for the "WHY CAN'T I WATCH THE CUSE GAME ON VUE" threads to start...

Reaction Score
This still won't work for CT residents watching a lot of UCONN sports...
1) No SNY, so access to ESPN3 won't do you anything.
2) No CBSSN.

Until a cord-cutting option fixes this problem, it's a non-starter.

Can't wait for the "WHY CAN'T I WATCH THE CUSE GAME ON VUE" threads to start...

Ah yes. I live outside the footprint, so I can watch all the SNY games on WatchESPN. CBSSN is starting up their own streaming service, which I might buy for a few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom