The cord-cutter's guide to (legally) watching college football | The Boneyard

The cord-cutter's guide to (legally) watching college football

Status
Not open for further replies.

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Not a cord cutter, but watching several games on watch ESPN with my HD Roku. Looks great on a 55" HD curved TV. Even watch a little of the UConn/Maine game!

Reaction Score
I used my Fire TV with the Watch ESPN app. PlayStation Vue does not have ESPN 3 but when I selected that as my provider and authenticated on ESPN it worked.

Reaction Score
The new HULU streaming service is going to be hard to beat for sports fans. I have sling but you don't get Fox sports and some of the other sports networks, just the ESPN family.

Reaction Score
you can get fox on sling if you get both packages. But I just canceled and went with Playstation Vue. For 35 I get more channels FOX sports. Big10, SEC and the streaming is way better on my Fire TV box and as I founf out above ESPN 3 I can use the WATCH ESPN app and use my vue credentials.

Reaction Score
If anyone has an international option, please post. I just moved to Dubai and am worried I am SOL.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
If anyone has an international option, please post. I just moved to Dubai and am worried I am SOL.
Worst case scenario is wait for @tcf15 to post them. You may have to wait a couple of days to watch the games though.

Reaction Score
wow I should have known about that! Thank you.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I used my Fire TV with the Watch ESPN app. PlayStation Vue does not have ESPN 3 but when I selected that as my provider and authenticated on ESPN it worked.

That was one of the questions I had - does your Vue account authenticate the various network apps?

e.g. HBOGo

Reaction Score
That was one of the questions I had - does your Vue account authenticate the various network apps?

e.g. HBOGo
I have heard that it does, though the only one I have 100% confirmation on is the NBCSports Network app per the Formula 1 podcast I listen too

Reaction Score

e.g. HBOGo
Yes, it does. I'm using several Amazon Fire TVs on my home network, and it's absolutely quick and painless.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Time for me to have "the talk" with Comcast. If they can't give me Internet and TV for close to internet only + Vue... Then hello Vue.

Reaction Score

Just get a VPN and connect from a US server and you should be able to access most streaming sites as if you were in the States.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not a cord cutter, but watching several games on watch ESPN with my HD Roku. Looks great on a 55" HD curved TV. Even watch a little of the UConn/Maine game!

You're lying! No TV or stream service could have made our game look great last night.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score

e.g. HBOGo

It does. Playstation Vue is listed as one of the providers in the list, like Charter, U-Verse, etc.

Frankly, I'm stunned that they were able to get in on basically every network app you'd expect (FX is the only one I'm not 100% sure on, but they're on EVERYTHING else).

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
I used my XBox to watch the ESPN app, and the quality was good and there was sound (oddly unlike the watch espn app on my Smart TV). Thanks Dish for dropping FOX, SNY, and the CW.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I'm intrigued at this point as it sounds like a viable option. But this is a streaming service that works on TV's, phones and ipads but NOT computers or laptops? Did I read that correctly?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I'm intrigued at this point as it sounds like a viable option. But this is a streaming service that works on TV's, phones and ipads but NOT computers or laptops? Did I read that correctly?
If referring to watchespn, it works on computers and laptops. It's a website as well as an app. I would suggest having a good amount of bandwidth though.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
If referring to PS Vue, then yes. Not sure about chromecasting in a browser window as I went with FireTV instead of chromecast.

I'm pretty happy with it so far. Got the middle tier which includes all the ESPNs including ESPNU, FS1/2, NBCSN and BeinSports. Only thing missing is CBSSN for some AAC games. And the ESPN App on FireTV is good, seems like the quality was much better than what I've seen last season (though that might be a difference in Frontier vs. Verizon too).

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
If referring to watchespn, it works on computers and laptops. It's a website as well as an app. I would suggest having a good amount of bandwidth though.
I have that now with verizon. What if I want to watch Fox or FS1? Or other channels? SOL?

Also, my parents live in my house (in my basement...oh, the irony). Their TV is not a connected device. So if I want to add their TV as well, I need to buy a PS4, fire TV or other device in order for them (and any other TV) to view content?

Also, has anyone utilized a supplementary DVR? We have dozens of shows recorded(many greater than 28 days, including the 2014 national championship run) plus OnDemand, so there is no lack of content. Or would I have access to OnDemand content (specifically nick jr, disney jr on demand)?

shizzle787

Reaction Score
I have that now with verizon. What if I want to watch Fox or FS1? Or other channels? SOL?

Also, my parents live in my house (in my basement...oh, the irony). Their TV is not a connected device. So if I want to add their TV as well, I need to buy a PS4, fire TV or other device in order for them (and any other TV) to view content?

Also, has anyone utilized a supplementary DVR? We have dozens of shows recorded(many greater than 28 days, including the 2014 national championship run) plus OnDemand, so there is no lack of content. Or would I have access to OnDemand content (specifically nick jr, disney jr on demand)?
It's probably time to get a PS4 or Xbox One. It's like 300 bucks for either and you don't need an Xbox live subscription (you have to set up a free profile though). Online play station subscription is free.
Your other option might be Roku (though I would check if you can get ESPN app).
As far as fox sports, I suggest getting Sling. It is 25 bucks (no contract) for about 30 channels (2 different choices of package) or 40 bucks for most of the channels you want.

Reaction Score
I was just looking at the sling package as it has changed. You can get FS1 but that package does not include the ESPN family. ESPN is included in the orange package. The blue package includes FS1. That's a weird setup. You would think there would be a way to get both unless I'm missing something.

The HULU service includes both for $35 I believe.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
So, next week is CBS Sports Network.

Does that come with any streaming service or as a standalone app?

I've done some basic searches and haven't found it yet. I'm using Fire TV.

shizzle787

Reaction Score
So, next week is CBS Sports Network.

Does that come with any streaming service or as a standalone app?

I've done some basic searches and haven't found it yet. I'm using Fire TV.
You might be able to get the game on ESPN 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom