The ConFLiCT REstorred | The Boneyard

The ConFLiCT REstorred

Reaction Score
Not. But we should leave the trophy on the bench covered in a towel like they did.

Watched some of the UCF game yesterday. They have some crazy speed at RB and WR. Here it comes again unfortunately.

Reaction Score
Not. But we should leave the trophy on the bench covered in a towel like they did.

Watched some of the UCF game yesterday. They have some crazy speed at RB and WR. Here it comes again unfortunately.

I thought BD took it with him.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: Where In The World Is The ConFLiCT Trophy?

Hopefully it was smashed in a field somewhere Office Space style.

printers-in-opstand.jpg

scoobydoo

1977 & 1974 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
you know that UCF has this one circled on their schedule.

If they could only win 1 more game this year, we all know it wouldn't be close.

Reaction Score
Jeff Jacobs: Where In The World Is The ConFLiCT Trophy?

Hopefully it was smashed in a field somewhere Office Space style.

printers-in-opstand.jpg

Trophy Demolition night.

1. Owner of the most creative suggestion gets to do the demolish the trophy on the 50 yd line at half time.
2. Second place gets to shred cranberry trousers
3. Include the systematic purging Diaco's name from all UConn records & artifacts.
4. Invite up some Nebraska types to participate

Reaction Score
I thought BD took it with him.

I will pay Diaco or whoever has it $350 for the genuine, original ConFLiCT trophy. Who knows it may become a valuable piece of sports memorabilia especially if UConn and UCF ever play each other for a national championship. Maybe it was sold at auction to pay Diaco's buyout.

Do I hear $355?

Reaction Score
The UCF coach and media still openly mocking UConn. I say UConn and not the ConFlict because that's what they are doing.

Hey I guess they can do it so openly because they are so confident in the outcome.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I'm sure if I just went to a trophy shop with a picture of it and said to make a replica, it wouldn't be more than $75

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Someone on the grounds crew likely picked it up and it is in a closet somewhere.

Ironically, Diaco got his rivalry and people talking about it. It is the one batcrap crazy idea that worked out for him.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
It's in a small office in the bowels of Memorial Stadium in Lincoln, NE.

Reaction Score

Updated:

>>On Tuesday night after Diaco talked about the problems of tackling at Nebraska, bless him, Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald tackled the challenge of asking Diaco about you.

"I've eliminated it from my mind," Diaco said. "I put the experience in a chest, locked it, dumped it into the ocean and I threw away the key. That's the important thing. I've thrown the key away. I don't even know 'it" or what you're talking about. Because I've eliminated that whole painful part from my mind."<<

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Am I off base here or has Jeff Jacobs become a lot more topical, funny and creative with his writing the past couple years?

Reaction Score
Updated:

>>On Tuesday night after Diaco talked about the problems of tackling at Nebraska, bless him, Sam McKewon of the Omaha World-Herald tackled the challenge of asking Diaco about you.

"I've eliminated it from my mind," Diaco said. "I put the experience in a chest, locked it, dumped it into the ocean and I threw away the key. That's the important thing. I've thrown the key away. I don't even know 'it" or what you're talking about. Because I've eliminated that whole painful part from my mind."<<
Most of us wish we could have done that with Diaco. Locked him in a chest tossed him in the ocean threw away the key I mean.

Reaction Score
I’d pay 400 bucks for that that piece of college football history.

That trophy isn’t a symbol of a rivalry, it’s a symbol of Diaco’s effusive lack of self awareness.

Reaction Score
Can't believe what that trophy would go for. Someone tell Disco to put it up for auction.

Reaction Score
Who has the ConFLiCT trophy? Oh I think we now have an answer:

$
Is that the original or a reproduction? The head piece is different from the original with the countdown clock. Are their multiples or was the last one left on the field a forgery? We need to hire Columbo to get the answer.
Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-11.38.04-AM.png

Reaction Score
Is that the original or a reproduction? The head piece is different from the original with the countdown clock. Are their multiples or was the last one left on the field a forgery? We need to hire Columbo to get the answer.
Screen-Shot-2016-10-24-at-11.38.04-AM.png

The countdown clock was never attached to the trophy. That is on the wall @ Shenkman.

Reaction Score
The countdown clock was never attached to the trophy. That is on the wall @ Shenkman.
Look at what is next to the incredibly large head of Jacobs. It says "The conFLiCT" with deftly placed capitalization to explain what it signifies. The original says Civil Conflict (with no strategic capitalization). I think we have a giant case of grand theft trophy going on.

Reaction Score
Look at what is next to the incredibly large head of Jacobs. It says "The conFLiCT" with deftly placed capitalization to explain what it signifies. The original says Civil Conflict (with no strategic capitalization). I think we have a giant case of grand theft trophy going on.

Yeah... I thought they changed that faceplate when they added the other game that was missing.

Sorry if I confused you w/ the person out there who continued to argue that the clock was attached in multiple posts a bit back.

Reaction Score
Yeah... I thought they changed that faceplate when they added the other game that was missing.

Sorry if I confused you w/ the person out there who continued to argue that the clock was attached in multiple posts a bit back.
Given the potential value of this trophy ($400 on this thread alone and it has not been offered to the open market!) and CT's need for cash, I think the state should devote all necessary resources to recover it and sell it auction.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom