The ConFLiCT REstorred | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The ConFLiCT REstorred

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This isn't the best Diacoism but it has to be top 10

“I’ve eliminated it from my mind,” Diaco said. “I put the experience in a chest, locked it, dumped it into the ocean and I threw away the key. That’s the important thing. I’ve thrown the key away. I don’t even know ‘it” or what you’re talking about. Because I’ve eliminated that whole painful part from my mind.”

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Three absolutes: taxes, death, and HCRE won't create a rival trophy.

Reaction Score
So the best evidence is Diaco has the ConFLiCT Trophy. He doesn't deny he has it, only says he has eliminated the "experience" from his mind. I think he should return it to UConn so we can put it in our trophy case where it rightly belongs since UCF refused it. The thought of him selling it for more millions doesn't sit right with me. He's made more than enough already through his association with UConn. I will volunteer to drive to Nebraska to pick it up so it doesn't get lost. I know we have some high powered lawyers on the BY. Can we make a case that the trophy belongs in Storrs?

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score

“I’ve eliminated it from my mind,” Diaco said. “I put the experience in a chest, locked it, dumped it into the ocean and I threw away the key. That’s the important thing. I’ve thrown the key away. I don’t even know ‘it” or what you’re talking about. Because I’ve eliminated that whole painful part from my mind.”

I'm going to make something like a book of Tao sayings, but it'll just be ridiculous things that Bob Diaco said during his tenure. All the meditation and contemplation in the world won't crack the code of what that lunatic was saying

Reaction Score
Given the potential value of this trophy ($400 on this thread alone and it has not been offered to the open market!) and CT's need for cash, I think the state should devote all necessary resources to recover it and sell it auction.
Gonna be tough for Sotheby's to issue that certificate of provenance. The lack of that certificate is gonna greatly devalue whatever comes on the market. If I am bidding I am gonna want the same trophy that Disco Red Pants touched and that fact has to be certified by a reputable antiquities dealer of highest reputation.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
You know what actually creates rivalries? Beating a 37- point favorite in their own house to ruin their undefeated season. I'm not saying it's likely. But if it were to happen, we might see a real hatred begin between the fan bases.

But leave the trophy home, though...

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score

The first time I saw this, I thought it was satire. No joke.

Reaction Score
The trophy wasn't donated by Diaco, so it's his property.

Reaction Score
You know what actually creates rivalries? Beating a 37- point favorite in their own house to ruin their undefeated season. I'm not saying it's likely.
One chance in 3.4 million opportunities -- less than 4.5 sigma long term or 6.0 sigma short term. In other words, don't hold your breath.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You know what actually creates rivalries? Beating a 37- point favorite in their own house to ruin their undefeated season. I'm not saying it's likely. But if it were to happen, we might see a real hatred begin between the fan bases.

But leave the trophy home, though...
REv1 had a long tradition of making opposing teams fire their head coaches. Maybe it's time to get that started again.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
One chance in 3.4 million opportunities -- less than 4.5 sigma long term or 6.0 sigma short term. In other words, don't hold your breath.

One chance in 3.4 million opportunities??

Okay, dude. I didn't realize UConn was going up against the Patriots... :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
One chance in 3.4 million opportunities??

Okay, dude. I didn't realize UConn was going up against the Patriots... :rolleyes:
If it was up here in sub-freezing temps the odds would rise to 1 in 10 with the possibility of beating the spread almost a lock if the spread didn't move based on venue and weather (which it would, but fun to dream that it wouldn't).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom