The Civil Conflict! | Page 18 | The Boneyard

The Civil Conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Then why did you list all the other things and make that the afterthought in your previous post?
Because I didn't remember how pi$$ed it made the football alumni until I looked it up again. It also didn't really answer your question (What's the difference between Molnar and Diaco?), which is the same one you've asked 30 times over using different words.

Reaction Score
I like it, we need a voice, but now its time to win some games. Come September 3rd I don't wanna hear any excuses about how were not ready how were treating it as the preseason game. The 1st year rookie head coach label is over now. On September 3rd I want results, its been 4 years enough is enough.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No offense Brian Koonz... But that's painfully obvious to everyone involved. We can only play what's on our schedule and try to add local games. Our conference schedule is what it is. Yes it is manufactured but he's trying to push in the right direction at least. Might as well have just written "UConn would be better off in the ACC." Yeah no kidding.

Reaction Score
No offense Brian Koonz... But that's painfully obvious to everyone involved. We can only play what's on our schedule and try to add local games. Our conference schedule is what it is. Yes it is manufactured but he's trying to push in the right direction at least. Might as well have just written "UConn would be better off in the ACC." Yeah no kidding.
And if diaco never said anything there would be nothing to talk about. He has people talking Connecticut football. At this point there is nothing to lose. If he wins it will be great for the program. If he loses the game there is nothing to lose.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Nobody is talking about us, except us, really. All the good feelings after the hiring oF this prized ND assistant are gone. He sh&t the bed last year. It was a scrimmage all year long. Dangerous non commital year because of the sh&tshow home sked. 2-10 amd nobody's reupping.
Bobby is getting a pass because Dracula was horrofic. He has been worse than P so far

Reaction Score
Weist had the personnel to put a serviceable offensive line on the field. 80% of the line turned over in 2014. Weist had what looked like a competent quarterback. Diaco had two options for 92% of the year. Neither were very appetizing, nor better than Casey Cochran. I agree. After September, Diaco needed to shut his yap about what he was left with, but Former "Coach" Pasqualoni said the same thing thought 2011 about a roster just coming off a BCS bowl and he got a lot more slack than Coach Diaco (albeit, mostly from Syracuse alumni lackeys).

It was apparent to me what Diaco was doing last year. I wish it manifested itself into more wins, but rarely do you get it both ways and you don't get to redshirt 90% of the roster. While there were pockets of talent on the roster, those pockets were not near large enough and games have to be played.
No easy answer and some good thoughts. I would counter with this - TJ was able to get a team that was totally demoralized to focus and play with intensity when there was nothing left to play for but pride. He put 3 Ws in a row on the table. I'll buy the total rebuild thing, but I cant buy what I saw at the end of the season - BD's team quit at the end of the season. The intangible factor of heart and grit is just so relevant in College Football. A short sleeved TJ in November tells you something and I think it told the players something as well.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
No easy answer and some good thoughts. I would counter with this - TJ was able to get a team that was totally demoralized to focus and play with intensity when there was nothing left to play for but pride. He put 3 Ws in a row on the table. I'll buy the total rebuild thing, but I cant buy what I saw at the end of the season - BD's team quit at the end of the season. The intangible factor of heart and grit is just so relevant in College Football. A short sleeved TJ in November tells you something and I think it told the players something as well.

The position the coaches found themselves was totally different as well. Coach Weist was basically getting an on-field interview. He was pulling all sorts of rabbits out of his hat. I think Coach Diaco knew he was getting at least two years (most likely three) to turn things around and he took full advantage of that leeway, which worked it's way down to the players. I wish it were handled differently (i.e. more entertaining to the fans), but I'm not sure how. I'm an accountant, not a football coach. I understand most fans' irritation, especially when some pay well into the four digits for multiple season tickets and receive that quality of product that we did. I also understand when Diaco continuously mentioned the general state of the team (Would have liked it if he didn't mention it so often, but such is life. We're not playing Madden here. His system is not plug & play and there is no reset button.

The other thing that gives me a spec of optimism (2 things actually) and why I can't blame Diaco 100% for last year is that he was not the one who fumbled the ball on the first possession for what seemed like 8 games in a row. Diaco did not take one snap or throw a single interception. He did not miss a single tackle or commit a penalty. He gave a lot of players a ton of experience last year and they have had another off season of development. It's a crucial on-field year to be sure.

The other thing was to rearrange his coaching staff because onother 2014 cannot be tolerated. I had to leave the SMU game due to emergency in the 1st quarter, but I saw the parking lots and I saw the stands. Eastern Michigan probably drew more to their final game.

I think last year, Diaco fought the fights that he could win (Perfect APR, weed out the WKG, install a work ethic, etc.). This year he needs to fight the fights worth fighting. UCF's leading returning receiver had 12 catches last year. They also lost their top 4 tacklers. That combined with what Diaco has presumably seen of his team, what if he actually wins the second Civil Conflict (BTW, I think Snow Bird Bowl would be a better title for it)? That is when a rivalry starts to take shape.

Reaction Score
Wow. You sound like Diaco now. Whatever went wrong was someone else's fault. Pasqualoni the players somebody else. Frankly Diaco did a horrible job last year. Weist was gone after 2013 and everyone should have known that. Yet he was able to get his team not only to win but to play solid football in doing it. Very different from Diaco's team which essentially mailed it in in November. I had a real sense the coaches did too with a team that was unprepared and utterly unmotivated. Though it's hard to be too motivated when your coach quits in games. USF to me was the worst performance I ever saw by any coach at any level and sent a loud clear message that Diaco had given up on his team. They returned the favor a few weeks later.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
I see a another 2-10 year coming. His seat will be very warm come December.

This is where (surprisingly to some people on here) I disagree. Not all 2-10's are created equal. What about if in 7 or 8 of those losses we are competive and play exciting football on offense and aggressive football on defense? What if in 6 or 7 of those losses we actually have the lead late in the third quarter? To me that would be a huge improvement over last year and a sign that progress is being made and we are on the right path and I'd want him to continue.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Wow. You sound like Diaco now. Whatever went wrong was someone else's fault. Pasqualoni the players somebody else. Frankly Diaco did a horrible job last year. Weist was gone after 2013 and everyone should have known that. Yet he was able to get his team not only to win but to play solid football in doing it. Very different from Diaco's team which essentially mailed it in in November. I had a real sense the coaches did too with a team that was unprepared and utterly unmotivated. Though it's hard to be too motivated when your coach quits in games. USF to me was the worst performance I ever saw by any coach at any level and sent a loud clear message that Diaco had given up on his team. They returned the favor a few weeks later.

I believe the term is quite frankly.

Reaction Score
If you can't be with the ones you should rival, you have to rival with the one's you're with.

I wish I could like this 500 times. I'm actually listening to the song, on this humid night and some strong Belgian Ale. Heading out to the Block tomorrow before sunrise. Party island.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Bob Diaco will lead us to glory. Mark it down.
image.jpg

And now we wait.

Reaction Score
Nostical said:
There is no way we're going 2-10. I have the "Over 3 Wins" ticket from Vegas to prove it.

What book did you find this in? Las Vegas Hilton? I couldn't find over unders when I was there a couple weeks ago.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
I wish I could like this 500 times. I'm actually listening to the song, on this humid night and some strong Belgian Ale. Heading out to the Block tomorrow before sunrise. Party island.

Carl, go fishing and stay away from Nick's and the Kittens.

Perfect Hair

I saw Diaco drinking a Pina Colada at Trader Vics
Reaction Score
There is no way we're going 2-10. I have the "Over 3 Wins" ticket from Vegas to prove it.

What vig did you pay on that over, the ones I saw online were painful?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom