The Canadian Build Up Begins | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Canadian Build Up Begins

Reaction Score
Ah, yes, the Beaver-Beaters or Snow Frogs of Quebec as they are so fondly referred to by many Floridians.
If my father was alive he'd take offense at this FROG comment---like h-ll he would, he'd have come up with the : Who is the great animal trainers in the world? They live in Maine--(for political reasons, the rest is not printable). Those in Fla who use that name--are jealous, they don't know the beauty of crawling out of your second story after a mild snow dusting. Dad would say: call me anything, just not late for dinner. Of course he left a broken nose here an there along the way.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
In Honor of Kia Nurse and the Wonderful Country she comes from. If you dont know who sings in this video you probably never watched a hockey game on a Saturday Night from Montreal in the 70's

Reaction Score
I really, really, really want to go to this Duquesne game. I already bought myself and my daughter tickets. However, if my new passport doesnt get here by Friday @ 1pm then there is no way I can go. What a bummer that would be. Either way we love our Canadian Husky and will cheer her on from home.

Do we need a passport to go to Canada? I used to live in Vermont and never needed any ID to go back and forth from Burlington to Montreal. Time has changed, I guess.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Do we need a passport to go to Canada? I used to live in Vermont and never needed any ID to go back and forth from Burlington to Montreal. Time has changed, I guess.

Yes or a federal ID card equivalent. Changed a few years ago.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The 3 short videos Cat shared with us: there is this little moment Kia shares with us. Two games into her UConn career Geno tells her: "You're starting until you hear different" or something that terse and abrupt. For Kia at the time, who arrived at UConn not knowing if she could really run with the Dogs, those few words had to have set off a firestorm of emotion.

Reaction Score
You'll pretty much need a passport, unless you're a member of the NEXUS or FAST programs : State Dept. link
Entry into Canada: Canadian law requires that all persons entering Canada carry both proof of citizenship and proof of identity. A valid U.S. passport, passport card, or NEXUS card satisfies these requirements for U.S. citizens.

Children under 16 need only present proof of U.S. citizenship.

Entry into the United States: When traveling by air from Canada, U.S. citizens are required by U.S. law to present a U.S. passport book. A few exceptions to this rule and a full list of documents that can be used at land and sea borders are provided on the U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) website.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
I really, really, really want to go to this Duquesne game. I already bought myself and my daughter tickets. However, if my new passport doesnt get here by Friday @ 1pm then there is no way I can go. What a bummer that would be. Either way we love our Canadian Husky and will cheer her on from home.

I really hope it arrives in time. What a wonderful adventure for you two.

Reaction Score
In Honor of Kia Nurse and the Wonderful Country she comes from. If you dont know who sings in this video you probably never watched a hockey game on a Saturday Night from Montreal in the 70's

A Doucett was Mayor of Port Royal about 1610--I remember it well. But he didn't sing.

Reaction Score
Yes or a federal ID card equivalent. Changed a few years ago.
What's a federal ID or equivalent??
I too crossed for many years--as I would going from Hartford to East Hartford (why anyone would do that??)_ I applied told them when I wanted to travel--had issues with certificates--but my usable, not final, passport arrived and I traveled on the dates requested. The Feds got my certifications to them in order and my final passport arrived.

Reaction Score
Big mistake there. ;)
On top of that--the Canadian's didn't check my bags or my car--heheeheeeheee
On the way back, I smuggled in ---you won't believe--a pack of Canadian cigarettes!! (I knew you wouldn't
You'll pretty much need a passport, unless you're a member of the NEXUS or FAST programs : State Dept. link

Cordaron--eh! The old time Norfolk Va accent was surprisingly much like the Canadian's of Scottish heritage--there's a moouse in the hoous let 'em ooout, he

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
It changes while ago. In NYS you can get what they are calling an "Enhanced Drivers Liscense" because the state borders the country and some people commute back and forth esepcially in the Buffalo area but I was certain that my passport would come by now. I mean they sent my daughters weeks ago. No such luck for me though and since she is only 11 she can't exactly go by herself. I am thinking of taking her to the Temple game instead. I'm a bit bummed just because as soon as I heard about this game way back in March I got excited.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
A GREAT kid...I hope everything goes well for her!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom