The Bright Side - Christyn Williams | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Bright Side - Christyn Williams

Reaction Score
Williams' biggest flaw is her missed layups. Today against Houston she missed 3 in the first 12 minutes. She and several other Huskies have missed a ton of bunnies all season, many of them in the early part of the game. UConn won all but one and those misses were ignored but against an elite team it translates into losses. I was at the game and Walker's missed layup at the end of the half was deflating to the crowd. At this level an unopposed layup should be missed about as often as Tiger Woods misses a 3 foot putt.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Williams' biggest flaw is her missed layups. Today against Houston she missed 3 in the first 12 minutes. She and several other Huskies have missed a ton of bunnies all season, many of them in the early part of the game. UConn won all but one and those misses were ignored but against an elite team it translates into losses. I was at the game and Walker's missed layup at the end of the half was deflating to the crowd. At this level an unopposed layup should be missed about as often as Tiger Woods misses a 3 foot putt.
Someone had suggested the more difficult the shot, the more likely it is that Christyn will make it. Today for instance Christyn was 2-2 from the arc and 7-10 overall, missing only the bunnies you mentioned. I think the best way to insure Christyn makes all her layups is for her to throw in a 360 degree spin move just before she lays it in.....:cool:

Reaction Score
Someone had suggested the more difficult the shot, the more likely it is that Christyn will make it. Today for instance Christyn was 2-2 from the arc and 7-10 overall, missing only the bunnies you mentioned. I think the best way to insure Christyn makes all her layups is for her to throw in a 360 degree spin move just before she lays it in.....:cool:

LOL My only comparison is golf. I was a decent club golfer but went through a period when I suffered from the yips, which to non-golfers is letting nerves take over your play on short (<3 ft) putts. My solution was to switch from putting right-handed to left handed. Maybe Williams need to shoot all layups with her right hand?

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
LOL My only comparison is golf. I was a decent club golfer but went through a period when I suffered from the yips, which to non-golfers is letting nerves take over your play on short (<3 ft) putts. My solution was to switch from putting right-handed to left handed. Maybe Williams need to shoot all layups with her right hand?
So Christyn may be the Phil Mickelson of WBB. Over the years I’ve watched Phil drain 30 ft putts, chip in from difficult lies and then miss a couple 3 ft putts.

Reaction Score
So Christyn may be the Phil Mickelson of WBB. Over the years I’ve watched Phil drain 30 ft putts, chip in from difficult lies and then miss a couple 3 ft putts.

Good analogy except that Phil's short putt troubles started late in his career. Phil had a beautiful stroke in his youth, winning the Phoenix Open when still in college.

Most chokes are a result of worrying about missing instead of staying in the moment and being free of thoughts.

Reaction Score
Yup, but Oregon is far better than Baylor.
Given the strength of schedule and roster for both teams they may be evenly matched but if there is one team that is better than the one that travels from the Lone Star State.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
CW looked really good against Baylor and today against Houston as did Anna. Anna is much improved and was shooting today. She was touted preseason as a very good shooter. When that comes around we will be much improved. As for ONO. Geno will have her ready and I expect improvement each game.

Reaction Score
I am still astonished on the leap Megan made from last year to present. Made me hopeful Christyn would begin to follow suit and, after the last two games, I think she may,

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom