The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 92 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Uncle Fester has been steady from the start and has a good chance.
Ponytail was toast 2 minutes in. Playing with his food to much.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
First...how do you screen shot w/o doing PRINT SCREEN?

Second...Fester now sees he is out $75 with 15 minutes to go. No sure what the frick the other guy was thinking when entering The Challenge.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
First...how do you screen shot w/o doing PRINT SCREEN?

Second...Fester now sees he is out $75 with 15 minutes to go. No sure what the frick the other guy was thinking when entering The Challenge.

Not sure how others do it, but I use the snipping tool and then copy/paste.

Reaction Score
Did we ever get the ending of Florida girl's attempt? Heard she is a direct relative of Florida Man so anything was possible.

Reaction Score
I think brownshirt is a deeply closeted vegatarian. He's totally stopped eating or even looking at the meat, and is going to town on the sides. Kicked the snot out of that potato and left with approximatly 68 oz of meat remaining on the plate.

Reaction Score
Best of luck young men!

men - Copy.jpg

Reaction Score
Did we ever get the ending of Florida girl's attempt? Heard she is a direct relative of Florida Man so anything was possible.
Florida girl failed miserably, only 2/3 of the steak carried home

Reaction Score
Got the photo, the round chair, head of table, good to go.

btw. i do a print screen and paste into Paint but maybe there is an easier way.

tourist - Copy.jpg

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Got the photo, the round chair, head of table, good to go.

btw. i do a print screen and paste into Paint but maybe there is an easier way.

View attachment 60029
Laptop, I use the snipping tool and paste. Phone, I do print screen save and then insert from photos.

I like the new angle/chair placement:

1603130758077.png

Nickname for this guy is "Oddjob" for you Bond fans.

CL82

Reaction Score
Laptop, I use the snipping tool and paste. Phone, I do print screen save and then insert from photos.

I like the new angle/chair placement:

View attachment 60032

Nickname for this guy is "Oddjob" for you Bond fans.
Get off the phone rook...

1603131488599.png

CL82

Reaction Score
1603132419956.png

23 minutes to go... maybe you want to try the steak?

Reaction Score
Here is Florida Man. He got restrained by five cops before being walked off to the squad car. I'm not sure what he did but I'm sure it was not proper. Cops here by me are pretty decent and keep the peace. For this guy to attract a caravan and require orders via gunpoint to comply I am sure it was not good. This here is a Florida Man engagement.

20201019_155211.jpg

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
How about everyone describes how they would take on the challenge. I would only be drinking water. I'd try and eat the entire steak before even looking at the sides and salad. If I was lucky enough to eat the steak I would then go for baked potato, roll and whatever that other thing? is in the sides dish and the salad last. No phone. I probably would want someone at the table just for some conversation and distraction.

Reaction Score
I'd do a stretch of 10 to 15 amd make this the first meal I had after I got out of the joint. I think I might have a chance that way.

Reaction Score
How about everyone describes how they would take on the challenge. I would only be drinking water. I'd try and eat the entire steak before even looking at the sides and salad. If I was lucky enough to eat the steak I would then go for baked potato, roll and whatever that other thing? is in the sides dish and the salad last. No phone. I probably would want someone at the table just for some conversation and distraction.
There is no way I could do it. None. Especially as I get older I just can't stomach as much as I used to. I would keep a slow steady pace and probably grind to a halt before 30 minutes.

For competitive eaters, they are used to stretching the crap out of their stomachs. It's just a matter of shoving the food down there as fast as possible. Get in my belly!

Molly Schuyler's videos are just ridiculous. Then there is the science.

CL82

Reaction Score
There is no way I could do it. None. Especially as I get older I just can't stomach as much as I used to. I would keep a slow steady pace and probably grind to a halt before 30 minutes.

For competitive eaters, they are used to stretching the crap out of their stomachs. It's just a matter of shoving the food down there as fast as possible. Get in my belly!

Yep as a teen I pretty much was pretty much never full, I'd just stop eating. There's no way I even put in a dent in that thing now.

If I were going to try, I'd get a separate plate to make cutting easier (yes this is allowed). I'd cut off more manageable pieces and work with them, chewing the last while cutting the next. The last third of the steak I'd cut up and eat as steak salad. I'd alternate between the potato and the shrimp and try to power down the roll at the end.

That said there is no way I could actually do it. I just think that would be a workable approach.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Are you allowed to stand for the competition or do you have to remain seating the whole time? I'd definitely like to stand for the whole thing, or at least be able to get up and stretch.

If no standing allowed, I'd definitely go steak first, starches second and salad last.

Reaction Score
Are you allowed to stand for the competition or do you have to remain seating the whole time?

Nope - Rules covered back in the first few pages:

Challenge Includes: Shrimp Cocktail, Baked Potato, Salad, with Roll, Butter, and of course the 72oz Steak

1. Entire meal must be completed in one hour. If any of the meal is not consumed (swallowed)…YOU LOSE!

2. Before the time starts, you will be allowed to cut into the steak, and take one bite. If the steak tastes good and is cooked to your satisfaction, we will start the time upon your acceptable approval. The time will not stop, and the contest is on, so make SURE before you say “yes.”

3. Once you have started you are not allowed to stand up, leave your table, or have anyone else TOUCH the meal.

4. You will be disqualified if anyone assists you in cutting, preparing or eating of your meal. This is YOUR contest.

5. You don’t have to eat the fat, but we will judge this.

6. Should you become ill, the contest is over… YOU LOSE! (Please use the container provided as necessary.)

7. You are required to pay the full amount up front; if you win we will refund 100%.

8.You must sit at a table that we assign.

9. If you do not win the steak challenge, you are welcome to take the leftovers with you.

10. No consumption or sharing of the leftovers is allowed in the restaurant once the contest is over.

11. If you fail to complete the challenge, you must pay the full $72 dollars.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
There is no way I could finish the challenge. I was just wondering how BY fans of the challenge would attempt it. If I tried and realized early on that I had no chance I would finish the sides and take the rest of the steak as a carryout. Then, realizing that I was in Cow Dick, Texas I would head over to the Houston Baptist-Incarnate Word game and ask @Greathusky if he wanted the leftovers.

Reaction Score
I think we've proved that attacking the steak first and foremost kills you at the 30 minute mark.

I would try taking all of the ingredients, cutting them up into small pieces and eating a big combo of it all mashed together like a big chop salad, washed down with small frequent gulps of water to ease the process.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Interesting. May be some value in using a day or two before attacking the challenge to drink a bunch of fluids to stretch out your stomach a bit and get it ready for the strain of inhaling all that food.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom