The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream | Page 72 | The Boneyard

The Big Texan 72 Oz. Steak challenge..... live stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Live stream says they are still working on it and I can make out the grill through the blur. Thread should still have a pulse.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Screenshot_20200924-133314.png

Reaction Score
If this is where the thread dies, let's at least close with a minor fact check and a few pictures.

West Texas A&M is actually in nearby Canyon, TX, home also of Palo Duro Canyon, a far smaller but still majestic look-alike of the Grand Canyon, and site of the nightly open-air live action "Texas" musical, with horse riders, big sky, fireworks, and quite the backdrop. Solid social, industrial, and natural history museum as well, and a B&B where artist Georgia O'Keefe spent an extended stay. Below, Buffs for Christ,an athletic boosters organization with a mission. View attachment 58980
I can't unsee that.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
As with all fads, when it comes to the end, it's fashionable to take a dump on the whole thing. So let's do that and go out feeling good about ourselves, shall we?

Apparently working at the place is a hit with cowgirl cosplay kids, not so much for others.

And there's this:
bigtexan.JPG

Reaction Score
Glassdoor review from February 9, 2015 is everything I imagined to be true about this place.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
If this is where the thread dies, let's at least close with a minor fact check and a few pictures.

West Texas A&M is actually in nearby Canyon, TX, home also of Palo Duro Canyon, a far smaller but still majestic look-alike of the Grand Canyon, and site of the nightly open-air live action "Texas" musical, with horse riders, big sky, fireworks, and quite the backdrop. Solid social, industrial, and natural history museum as well, and a B&B where artist Georgia O'Keefe spent an extended stay. Below, Buffs for Christ,an athletic boosters organization with a mission. View attachment 58980
Interesting. I think of O'Keefe for her NY (Radiator Building and Brooklyn Bridge) paintings and florals. I had forgotten (or never knew) about her western paintings.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think I'm in this until we witness greatness...

(besides Sheriff)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Interesting. I think of O'Keefe for her NY (Radiator Building and Brooklyn Bridge) paintings and florals. I had forgotten (or never knew) about her western paintings.
Pretty much my entire early understanding of O'Keefe was making vaginas look like flowers. Or vice versa.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I just had to see what Toot n' Totum was all about. I left disappointed.
"Fart n' Fetchum" is what my Amarillo hosts called it.

Also, in addition to Donut Stop, I got introduced to Braum's, Wienerschnitzel, Whataburger, Chick-fil-A (before it got to CT), and mostly small BBQ joints they liked...but arrived after the meat was gone from the world's largest open pit BBQ at the annual XIT Rodeo in Dalhart because we spent too much time en route at Gander Mountain ("Your Firearms Superstore") and Boys' Ranch.

Keep forgetting to mention that the locals universally panned Big Texan, and I think it was Youngblood's where we had a solid stockyard-type meat lunch.

And, finally, in addition to West 6th St.'s old Route 66 nightlife, Stanley Marsh 3's Cadillac Ranch art installation is now a site of endlessly spray-painted automobile bodies buried at an angle in flatland south of I-40 further out of town than originally; Sisemore's RV museum is a nice add-on to the Texas-sized dealership; and there's a monument that recognizes the Helium Capital of the World.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
To make an Amarillo family visit more interesting than it might otherwise have been, we flew into Albuquerque, followed RT. 66, stayed at a vintage neon-lit Tucumcari motel, and circled back to Albuquerque by way of Taos, Ojo Caliente, and Santa Fe.

We didn't visit all, but there was LOTS of O'Keefe throughout: a dedicated museum, Ghost Ranch, Aquibiqui. In addition to the 'flowers,' lots of cow skulls and other New Mexico nature.

Reaction Score
As with all fads, when it comes to the end, it's fashionable to take a dump on the whole thing. So let's do that and go out feeling good about ourselves, shall we?

Apparently working at the place is a hit with cowgirl cosplay kids, not so much for others.

And there's this:
View attachment 58989
Lmao that’s hilarious

I mean what’s next on the ladder after the big tourist trap in your otherwise useless town

Reaction Score
Blurry baseball cap and blue boot. This is Grade A Bovine Scatology.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Oh Yeah!!!! Its back ON!

New (and I think IMPROVED!) camera angle from direct overhead. Better view of competitors plates, better view of Steaks on the Grill and FULL view of clocks! Cant see Sheriff's multi plate preps as well, but I think thats a good sacrifice for this new angle. Well done Big Tex!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom