The Big East | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Big East

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Disclaimer: Nova fan, came on here to see how badly the reputation of the BE was outside our "sinking ship" panic. Appreciate that many of you are kinder on our shortcomings than our own fans are today.

On the Big East,
1. Of course, the Big East would love to have UConn if you found a football-only league for your team. Those banners and the fact we miss playing you mean a lot. Those "would they take us" posts are nuts.
2. But of course, UConn would be out of its mind if that move hurt your football program's standing. A chance of a P5 invite >>>> anything else for stability and money. We get that.
3. Please cheer for the BE. Same goes for the A10, Zags, and WSU. I know it's easy to get caught up in the competition to be the "6th league" vs the AAC, but ultimately, the fight is to have enough relevant non-P5 programs that recruits see success/attention can be had without a P5 membership. Your national champ last year was awesome, even though it came at our expense.
4. Good luck next year. I'd rather see UConn and Temple (yuck) dominate the AAC than any of the southern schools.

Reaction Score
Would love to see Nova and G'Town (maybe even St. Johns/Providence) on the non-conference schedule every year. Seems like it would be mutually beneficial considering the state of the NBE/AAC. Have to do something to combat the RPI killers that don't move the needle (Tulane, Houston, DePaul, Creighton, etc.)

Reaction Score
Gotta say, we do need to root for non-P5 schools...
I disagree. The more they suck the more we stick out as an outlier. Truthfully UCONN just needs to control what they can which is basically win games. What anyone else does or doesn't do really has no impact on us.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
4 NCs haven't helped much. It's not about standing out. It is about non P5 schools not being slowly pushed to the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom