Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
West:

Houston, SMU, Cincinnati, Memphis, Tulane, Tulsa

East:

UConn, USF, UCF, Temple, ECU, UMass

I would say that SDSU's loss pretty much locks in Navy's departure from the league.

That is the league. Probably the 7th best football and 4th or 5th best basketball league in the country. Gruesome.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Sorry but why UMass? Has their basketball gotten any good lately? I feel we havr a decent core of football schools but now need to add a good bball program with a weaker fb program. Not sure who that is though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Sorry but why UMass? Has their basketball gotten any good lately? I feel we havr a decent core of football schools but now need to add a good bball program with a weaker fb program. Not sure who that is though

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Two reasons for UMass:

1) McMurphy mentioned them and he usually only tells stuff that has already happened, and
2) Market. UMass is the biggest market and fanbase left on the table in terms of lack of competition.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
West:

East:

I would say that SDSU's loss pretty much locks in Navy's departure from the league.

That is the league. Probably the 7th best football and 4th or 5th best basketball league in the country. Gruesome.
Replace UMass with Navy and I'm not feeling horrible. I've found that drinking before you read any CR news helps.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Odds UConn cracks 20,000 at home FB games/10,000 at home BB games after next season? 30-1? 50-1?

CL82

Reaction Score
Odds UConn cracks 20,000 at home FB games/10,000 at home BB games after next season? 30-1? 50-1?
Depends on who is hired for HC.

zls44

Reaction Score
West:

East:

Don't add UMass.
Ok with Tulsa.
No divisions.
9 teams.
Everyone plays everyone. Four home, four away.

Stop trying to create something that is not, nor will be, there. Please, let us finally put to rest the absurd adding of teams for the sake of adding teams.

No more.
It is done.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

Basketball can be salvaged with Memphis, Temple, Cincinnati, UMass (will draw a crowd) and to a lesser extent, USF, together with a great non-conference schedule which shouldn't be too hard to get. On the other hand, I expect that everyone who wants one will have a great seat for football games.

Reaction Score
Let's jsut say getting tickets to either one won't be a problem...but you look at that list and it reads like one of those old Which doesn't belong and Why that Imus used to do with Cardinal O'Connell

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Z,

How do you get to 9 schools? Is someone else leaving? I actually want UMass in the league since some school with geographic proximity would be nice, and I do think it could mess with BCU a little. I could take or leave Tulsa.

Reaction Score
Go with 10. Play everyone. It actually made the B-12 pretty exciting. Makes non-conference scheduling a bit easier. Temple is close enough. I'm pretty depressed looking a this list though. I mean UMass? Seriously, let them build the program at least a little bit then add them later if you get to 12. But regardless of all that we need to dominate this league in football at all costs. Even if we need to cheat to do it. UConn-Cincy needs to be the de facto title game each and every year.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Z,

How do you get to 9 schools? Is someone else leaving? I actually want UMass in the league since some school with geographic proximity would be nice, and I do think it could mess with BCU a little. I could take or leave Tulsa.
I'm with Nelson on this, Tulsa's "prowess" in football won't help us at this point. Since we are in purgatory anyway may as well make umass's dreams come true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

zls44

Reaction Score
Z,

I suck at math.

My basic point is to stop expanding for expanding's sake, something they've done 5 or 6 times already. Enough. You aren't fooling anyone.

Reaction Score
Gruesome indeed. Appears to be little we can do about it though other than keep our fingers crossed for more realignment and/or dominate the other misfit toys.

Reaction Score
As long as this conference is an orphanage presided over by the Little Sisters of the Poor, Aresco might as well throw a lifeboat to New Mexico St. to penetrate that huge Las Cruces-El Paso Market. Yeesh!

Reaction Score
West:

East:

No UMass. The program adds nothing of value in football and very little in basketball.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
UMass is a warm body and I don't know if anyone's looked around lately, but we're in need of warm bodies.

There's no value to be added anywhere, but they're local and, by gosh, think of the gas savings over San Diego State...UMass, the Big East's green alternative! (It's all marketing, I tell you.)

It's a pretty bad basketball conference - UConn and Cincy are something, Temple's marginal, Memphis is toast and the rest are God-awful. And as a football conference, it will make our eyeballs bleed.

I'm gonna head to a bar with Coach K - over beers, he can tell me about how he will miss playing Maryland twice a year and I can tell him about how I miss playing Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Miami, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech, Villanova, Providence, Georgetown, St. John's, DePaul, Seton Hall, Notre Dame and Marquette.

zls44

Reaction Score
I'm gonna head to a bar with Coach K - over beers, he can tell me about how he will miss playing Maryland twice a year and I can tell him about how I miss playing Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Boston College, Miami, Louisville, Virginia Tech, Virginia Tech, Villanova, Providence, Georgetown, St. John's, DePaul, Seton Hall, Notre Dame and Marquette.

And Rutgers, right? :)

CL82

Reaction Score
I suck at math.

My basic point is to stop expanding for expanding's sake, something they've done 5 or 6 times already. Enough. You aren't fooling anyone.
ESPN execs must be like Dragline (George Kennedy) from Cool Hand Luke in the fight scene with Luke(Paul Newman), where Dragline beats the crap out of Luke but Luke keeps coming back. Like Newman's character, the Big East just won't stay down. Sure the picking are slim but we'll keep coming back - with nothin', because sometimes nothing is real cool hand.

Reaction Score
West:

East:

No Umass.

Reaction Score
West:

East:

This is my nightmare....

Attachments

• SINKING-SHIP-Preview.jpg
    SINKING-SHIP-Preview.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 57

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Isn't this exactly the conference we expected to end up in for the last several months? No surprises. There aren't any good options outside of the 5 major conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom