The best running back last night was in a Huskies uniform. | The Boneyard

The best running back last night was in a Huskies uniform.

Reaction Score
His yards were tougher to come by. But he made decisive and elusive cuts, and broke tackles. Not to mention these was no passing game take the defensive focus away from him and Syracuse loaded the box to stop him. Young Mr. Carter is showing us something.

Reaction Score
Agree on all of this, but let me add one thing. Midway through the third quarter, you could tell Carter was limping somewhat between plays. He made clear that he didn’t want to come out, but the game was already over. You can’t play your most valuable asset, as a TB, limping, down 27 in the second half. Hopefully no damage was done.

Reaction Score
Are you guys not looking at stat lines? Who was the most PRODUCTIVE RB? Carter avg 4.4 yards per carry…..with 16 carries…(HOUSTON avg a little over 9 on just 3 carries…Carter had plays that looked promising, but I think Houston and Rosa could’ve done some justice in that game. With Houston and Rosa speed, we could’ve gone quick tempo at least twice with those two backs alone.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score

CDE22F05-9E0A-4560-ADEF-A98BB4758381.jpeg

Reaction Score
I mean an obvious outtake would be that he has the most yards because he has the most carries. That’s literally obvious but last night we should’ve spread the carries around to see who else could produce…..not late in the 4th quarter when it didn’t matter much.

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned about keeping the guys healthy. They are taking some serious wacks on each carry and although they look strong they aren't particularly big. I would expect Michigan and NCS to have some serious LB's.

Reaction Score
Are you guys not looking at stat lines? Who was the most PRODUCTIVE RB? Carter avg 4.4 yards per carry…..with 16 carries…(HOUSTON avg a little over 9 on just 3 carries…Carter had plays that looked promising, but I think Houston and Rosa could’ve done some justice in that game. With Houston and Rosa speed, we could’ve gone quick tempo at least twice with those two backs alone.
Carter was most productive. Stats aren’t everything, especially when Houston was gifted a long TD run due to some excellent blocking.

Reaction Score
Carter was most productive. Stats aren’t everything, especially when Houston was gifted a long TD run due to some excellent blocking.
Stats aren’t everything but they are the truth. Blocking is what they were suppose to do. Not sure why that was even stated.

As was the same with Harrison’s TD. The blocks were made and points were added. That’s the whole point of blocking.

Last night, was not Carter’s best game neither was he the most or only productive. imo.

Reaction Score
I'm more concerned about keeping the guys healthy. They are taking some serious wacks on each carry and although they look strong they aren't particularly big. I would expect Michigan and NCS to have some serious LB's.
Which is exactly why I said spread the carries, warm our guys up to some intense games before just throwing them to the wolves because we’re out of options.

Reaction Score
Stats aren’t everything but they are the truth. Blocking is what they were suppose to do. Not sure why that was even stated.

As was the same with Harrison’s TD. The blocks were made and points were added. That’s the whole point of blocking.

Last night, was not Carter’s best game neither was he the most or only productive. imo.
???

Your explanation of blocking makes no sense.

Blocking doesn’t always happen as planned but a good RB can still gain yards from a broken play. Carter does that time and time again. Of course yesterday wasn’t his best game. Cuse’s defense was incredibly challenging. You’re trying to say Houston had a better game than Carter which is an absurd take.

Reaction Score
???

Your explanation of blocking makes no sense.

Blocking doesn’t always happen as planned but a good RB can still gain yards from a broken play. Carter does that time and time again. Of course yesterday wasn’t his best game. Cuse’s defense was incredibly challenging. You’re trying to say Houston had a better game than Carter which is an absurd take.
Because you clearly aren’t comprehending what I said which was in response to your “Houston was gifted a td..” that td definitely wasn’t bow-wrapped…. the blocking went as planned and an excellent rb made an excellent judge in direction..simple.

STATISTICALLY Houston had a better game. He averaged more with less touches, again….not rocket science buddy.

Reaction Score
Because you clearly aren’t comprehending what I said which was in response to your “Houston was gifted a td..” that td definitely wasn’t bow-wrapped…. the blocking went as planned and an excellent rb made an excellent judge in direction..simple.

STATISTICALLY Houston had a better game. He averaged more with less touches, again….not rocket science buddy.
They were obviously keying Carter as a primary offensive threat. That matters in the analysis. The fact he was productive is a credit to his capability.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

But the stat that he’s third in Division one football in rushing yards isn’t the truth? Of all the players to talk down on….

Reaction Score
The gap between Carter and Houston is huge, and that is mo disrespect to Houston. When Carter is on the field, the opponent treats him as the number 1 priority. That does not apply to our other backs (though I like them all). Watch the type on his runs, then compare. It ain't close.

That said, I think each of the other three backs will be very damn good.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Bro tweeting like a lil kid explaining to mom what he did at elementary school today

Reaction Score

Do you understand what a statistically significant sample set is? By your logic, every new Major Leaguer who gets a hit in their first at bat is a better hitter than Babe Ruth.

Houston is doing a nice job, and Brewton’s injury will give him more reps at TB and not just in the slot. He doesn’t need his fans being silly supporting him.

Reaction Score

What is the point of saying STATISTICALLY Houston had a better game based on yards per carry? That means absolutely nothing. The TD was a gift. The play worked and it should actually be given to Charlton on the stat sheet. Houston wasn’t touched on that play and it resulted in the large YPC metric for him. Don’t get me wrong. I think Houston is an excellent player and love what he’s doing, but the “analysis” you’re attempting to share is beyond delusional.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Not saying Carter isn’t good, but he’s ranked that high because we’ve played one more game than most of college football at this point. I tried searching YPG which would be more accurate but couldn’t find it listed on any major site
Yep, good point. An interesting number to look at would be yards after contact. Not sure that’s available at the college level (didn’t even try to look though). Pro Football Focus might have it but probably need a subscription to see it.

Reaction Score
Not saying Carter isn’t good, but he’s ranked that high because we’ve played one more game than most of college football at this point. I tried searching YPG which would be more accurate but couldn’t find it listed on any major site
Rushing Yards per Game:
Carter is @ #8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom