The best running back last night was in a Huskies uniform. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The best running back last night was in a Huskies uniform.

Reaction Score
But the stat that he’s third in Division one football in rushing yards isn’t the truth? Of all the players to talk down on….
That’s not talking down on anyone. That is literally a game plan to move forward and build on. If they’re keying in on Carter why not utilize the depth at that position? Any SMART coach would make that adjustment….especially since we’re lacking productivity with the receivers. That’s logical.

Reaction Score
Do you understand what a statistically significant sample set is? By your logic, every new Major Leaguer who gets a hit in their first at bat is a better hitter than Babe Ruth.

Houston is doing a nice job, and Brewton’s injury will give him more reps at TB and not just in the slot. He doesn’t need his fans being silly supporting him.
But this isn’t baseball. This is football. Stick to what the numbers read….and what they prove. If I have depth at a position why not put talent on the field and make the defense pick their poison. Imagine what a defense would do seeing Carter in the backfield, Houston and (pre-injury) Brewton/Rosa lined up in the slot. That is literally cash money. Find a man, make a play. Way too reserved..you’re suppose to support the team, but I’ve read plenty of replies and threads doing the opposite those are the silly ones.

Reaction Score
Carter runs hard and makes something out of nothing which is something UConn hasn't had since
The gap between Carter and Houston is huge, and that is mo disrespect to Houston. When Carter is on the field, the opponent treats him as the number 1 priority. That does not apply to our other backs (though I like them all). Watch the type on his runs, then compare. It ain't close.

That said, I think each of the other three backs will be very damn good.
Are we considering carries here? They treat him as number 1 priority because he’s RB1 …….we literally don’t have a threat besides him when Brewton, Houston and Rosa are on the sidelines.
No one is threatened by our receiving core. Not a single soul. The other guys especially Rosa with Houston should learn the receivers playbook.

Reaction Score
What is the point of saying STATISTICALLY Houston had a better game based on yards per carry? That means absolutely nothing. The TD was a gift. The play worked and it should actually be given to Charlton on the stat sheet. Houston wasn’t touched on that play and it resulted in the large YPC metric for him. Don’t get me wrong. I think Houston is an excellent player and love what he’s doing, but the “analysis” you’re attempting to share is beyond delusional.

If that TD was a gift, then all of them are. Lol bro that is literally the point of blocking. He wasn’t touched because…..that’s the point of blocking. The delusion is you still saying YPC don’t matter when in fact that’s the only thing that matters in offense productivity. No way I’d give or throw the ball to anyone I can’t count on to be productive. That’s just stupid.

Reaction Score
Agree on all of this, but let me add one thing. Midway through the third quarter, you could tell Carter was limping somewhat between plays. He made clear that he didn’t want to come out, but the game was already over. You can’t play your most valuable asset, as a TB, limping, down 27 in the second half. Hopefully no damage was done.

I saw the exact same thing. The kid is really tough, but he should have been pulled before he was. It would not shock me to see them limit his play against the Wolverines.

Reaction Score
Trust your eyes. The kid has very good vision (IMHO, the single most important characteristic of a good running back). Vince Lombardi always said that RBs need to "run to daylight." Well you have to see the daylight before you can run to it.

The kid cuts on a dime. He can get where he needs to be. He can also make a move and be past a defender.

Nate breaks tackles. And when he doesn't break a tackle, he finishes the run. He almost always falls forward for an additional yard or two. In that particular aspect, it reminds me of when I lived in Chicago and watched Walter Payton. Sweetness almost always fell forward and when you are getting tackled 20 times a game, that is a significant amount of yardage.

The numbers are important. But they FOLLOW talent. Open your eyes. Trust your eyes. See the game. Players are not great because they have great numbers. They have great numbers because they are great players.

Reaction Score
Nate Carter makes great reads and cuts and is finishing almost all plays falling forward. We need him for the full season and others have to take some of the load in the upcoming 3 games. He is rarely in a situation to run oobs. In a tight game you have him on the field but on Saturday others should get a shot if things get way out of hand on the scoreboard.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
But this isn’t baseball. This is football. Stick to what the numbers read….and what they prove. If I have depth at a position why not put talent on the field and make the defense pick their poison. Imagine what a defense would do seeing Carter in the backfield, Houston and (pre-injury) Brewton/Rosa lined up in the slot. That is literally cash money. Find a man, make a play. Way too reserved..you’re suppose to support the team, but I’ve read plenty of replies and threads doing the opposite those are the silly ones.
They are managing games like Edsall, as if there is something to loose. Not impressed with Charlton for all the hubbub. Put your best playmakers on the field to win games: Carter, Houston and Rosa. Let Zion throw more than 10 yards, or use Millen in an RPO. Still don’t use tight ends for crap. If we have no D, the only option is to get more Offensive production if we want to be competitive. We have one of the better backs in the nation, and can’t figure out how to work off his key? Put him in motion and force the D to declare. Can’t stretch the field? Hell, send your fastest guys on fly routes all day to clear out and make LBs cover underneath. I really don’t know what they are thinking. They just don’t scheme to maximize what we have.

Reaction Score
They are managing games like Edsall, as if there is something to loose. Not impressed with Charlton for all the hubbub. Put your best playmakers on the field to win games: Carter, Houston and Rosa. Let Zion throw more than 10 yards, or use Millen in an RPO. Still don’t use tight ends for crap. If we have no D, the only option is to get more Offensive production if we want to be competitive. We have one of the better backs in the nation, and can’t figure out how to work off his key? Put him in motion and force the D to declare. Can’t stretch the field? Hell, send your fastest guys on fly routes all day to clear out and make LBs cover underneath. I really don’t know what they are thinking. They just don’t scheme to maximize what we have.
Bro you said it all..could not agree more

Reaction Score
Surprised they haven't called for more play action off the decent to good running game. It helps getting the receivers open or gain some measure of separation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom