The best of UConn baseball | The Boneyard

The best of UConn baseball

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Penders found a formula with good to great starting pitching and lock down closers. And a different guy each year as well. When you see it ion the screen, it is really more impressive than the list in your mind.

Reaction Score
Last thee have to be what Kay, Wallace and Barnes?
Not certain but believe this is list of pitchers coached by JMac? Barnes pitched for Blood. Seems odd that Cross would be left out...

Reaction Score
Not certain but believe this is list of pitchers coached by JMac? Barnes pitched for Blood. Seems odd that Cross would be left out...

It would seem to me that it would make sense that each person on the baseball staff would rank moments from their time with the team. In which case Barnes would not be on Josh MacDonald's list, but could be on a list by someone else, such as Coach Penders or even Chris Jones, who started broadcasting UConn games I believe in 2011. I half expect that a well known name from UConn baseball that is not covered by one person will be covered by another.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Penders found a formula with good to great starting pitching and lock down closers. And a different guy each year as well. When you see it ion the screen, it is really more impressive than the list in your mind.

That was the basic model of UConn baseball for a good chunk of the decade. From 2013 through 2018, terrific starting pitching plus an excellent closer was the big strength of the team. In that six year period, it carried the Huskies to 3 NCAA Tournament appearances.

Reaction Score

Good to see Ryan Fuller get a mention. From my time following UConn baseball, he had probably the best bat that the Huskies ever got out of the Avery Point baseball program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Orange

Top Bottom