The Baylor Lady Bears... | The Boneyard

The Baylor Lady Bears...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
...paid a visit to the White House in honor of their NC. As per the NY Daily News, they were served “cold fast food.” Congrats, Kim Mulkey!

Reaction Score

Reaction Score
I was unaware teams got food when they visited. When Stewie was here and the team went every year, I don't recall them ever having a meal, just a photo op, and food at a nearby restaurant.

Reaction Score
So, UConn did end up beating Baylor in April this year after all. :D
In four straight years of White House visits, I never once saw Stewie (or anyone else for that matter) scarfing down a Big Mac with the president. The visits basically were team shows up, president comes in and gives his five minute rah-rah speech, a few photos are snapped, everyone goes about their day while the team takes in a few sites and a meal at a local restaurant before jumping on the plane back to Bradley which is a quick trip that takes about an hour or so.

Reaction Score
In four straight years of White House visits, I never once saw Stewie (or anyone else for that matter) scarfing down a Big Mac with the president. The visits basically were team shows up, president comes in and gives his five minute rah-rah speech, a few photos are snapped, everyone goes about their day while the team takes in a few sites and a meal at a local restaurant before jumping on the plane back to Bradley which is a quick trip that takes about an hour or so.
They also shot hoops with the president.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
It’s the off season so OT and General hoops posts are no problem here. When the season approaches, we’ll delineate what’s what more clearly

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
A champion's feast (of burgers & fries):

They're in their off-season, they can cheat a little. (besides, they're college students - you know/remember beer and cold pizza for breakfast ;))

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
They're in their off-season, they can cheat a little. (besides, they're college students - you know/remember beer and cold pizza for breakfast ;))

Kalani's got training camp coming up, though!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Maybe Geno will have to adjust home visits a bit. :rolleyes:
If this does not drive him to more international players, nothing will. ;)

Reaction Score
Ummm hello, McFly. Baylor Bears WBB NC???? Never heard of them huh???
Hello meyers7, how are you doing? Yes, I'm vaguely aware that Baylor won the tournament. I was hoping that both teams would lose, but since one had to win, that was the preferred outcome.
I was surprised at your greeting, but gratified someone is thinking of me.

Reaction Score
All presidents should give these sports champions elaborate dinners. Our sports heroes represent the people in a more emotional way than politicians do. Don't we pay enough taxes? We give fancy dinners to foreign diplomats, half of whom would cut our throats if they had the chance. America's sports heroes deserve the best.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Hello meyers7, how are you doing? Yes, I'm vaguely aware that Baylor won the tournament. I was hoping that both teams would lose, but since one had to win, that was the preferred outcome.
I was surprised at your greeting, but gratified someone is thinking of me.
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Beautiful. They all look so comfortable.

Just think how comfortable they'd be at a full formal White House dinner...lots of courses and silver and all, complete with a couple hours of table talk.

That's why they started doing the fast food bit with college kids.

Reaction Score
Just think how comfortable they'd be at a full formal White House dinner...lots of courses and silver and all, complete with a couple hours of table talk.

That's why they started doing the fast food bit with college kids.
There is a lot of distance between fast food and formal White House dinner. I occupy that space every night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom