The back story on Rutgers to Big 10 ( plans to capitalize on NY-NJ market) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The back story on Rutgers to Big 10 ( plans to capitalize on NY-NJ market)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I don't think so since the Pfizer building was going to built there.

And yet it wasn't. Neither were several other proposed developments.

As for traffic, the development plan that was approved maxes out the capacity of 195.

It's not that it can't be done but, it ridiculously cost prohibitive that it would never be done. As I've said half jokingly in previous posts on this topic, it would be cheaper to move the campus to East Hartford.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If everyone comes at the same time, perhaps, but that almost certaintly would not be the case.

When a game is at noon on a Saturday how can everyone not come at the same time?

To tailgate for 3 hours before a noon game in Storrs and see the kickoff you'd have to leave Hartford at 7:30 and Fairfield at 6:30 under the best traffic conditions.

It's a great fantasy.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When a game is at noon on a Saturday how can everyone not come at the same time?

To tailgate for 3 hours before a noon game in Storrs and see the kickoff you'd have to leave Hartford at 7:30 and Fairfield at 6:30 under the best traffic conditions.

It's a great fantasy.
6:30 am on a Saturday it's no more than an hour and half from Fairfield to Storrs, so you'd arrive by 8 for 4 hours of tailgating. But here's the deal a lot of people might be okay leaving at 7:30 or 8:30 or even 9:30 or god forbid 10am, thus the feathering of traffic.

I agree that it is a moot point. I just don't get why some on this board, get so rabid about it being impossible, often being a little creative to make it that way. Most other schools have on campus stadiums and somehow still manage to have a football program. Somehow I suspect that we could as well. Again, we won't but it could be done.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
6:30 am on a Saturday it's no more than an hour and half from Fairfield to Storrs, so you'd arrive by 8 for 4 hours of tailgating. But here's the deal a lot of people might be okay leaving at 7:30 or 8:30 or even 9:30 or god forbid 10am, thus the feathering of traffic.

I agree that it is a moot point. I just don't get why some on this board, get so rabid about it being impossible, often being a little creative to make it that way. Most other schools have on campus stadiums and somehow still manage to have a football program. Somehow I suspect that we could as well. Again, we won't but it could be done.

It's an hour and a half with no traffic. No traffic is a fantasy. You also won't stop tailgating and magically be transported to your seat. 6:30 to park at 8:30 to walk in at 11:30 gives you three hours and assumes you park in a timely fashion.

I don't know why some can look at our fanbase and how they attend games, consider the state demographics and determine it's in the programs best interest to move the games to an isolated geography far from the population and income base.

An isolated geography that has no interest in the change, no current infrastructure and tosses away the money spent on a stadium that isn't even 10 years old.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
I know the campus stadium would be optimal, but I'm hoping that the development of the land around the Rent can get some traction in the next couple of years. It doesn't have to be Patriot's Place, but if it was man that would be sweet.

Reaction Score
I know the campus stadium would be optimal, but I'm hoping that the development of the land around the Rent can get some traction in the next couple of years. It doesn't have to be Patriot's Place, but if it was man that would be sweet.

The plans for a blueback square type place with residential units thrown in is still on the books, just died because the economy took a . Cabelas was the kickoff. Part of it included highway improvements.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

I've seen the math.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member