the B1G and ACC have three choices | The Boneyard

the B1G and ACC have three choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I'm just dumbfounded, as a BIG fan, that UConn isn't in our conference. PSU-Md-Rutgers-UConn = a fantastic eastern part of the BIG. I like the fact that you have hockey teams as well.

I mean you damn president is a Michigan alum and you are right, no other team can claim MSG like UConn, minus St. Johns in a miracle year.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I am exceptionally confident that AAU status is a matter of when, not if (and if we had our current leadership 15 years ago we would have it already). I am also very confident that our current head coach will fix our football program. At that point I believe that the ACC & B1G will be so worried that the other conference will grab us first we will get an invitation.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Uconn basketball, both men's and women's, would give the BIG the premier basketball conference in the NCAA.

Reaction Score
you forgot that this whole thing is about football though. nothing at all to do with basketball.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
you forgot that this whole thing is about football though. nothing at all to do with basketball.
Unfortunately you are right. I'm rooting for HCBD to do really good things with the program over the next few years. The problem is going to be getting fans to the games. UCONN averages under 35,000 per game, I think, which is outside the top 60 in the nation. Not gonna win us any contests for sure...

Reaction Score

B1G needs content for their network. We are the elite basketball program in the country for both men and women. B1G would be a perfect fit for us.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I'm just dumbfounded, as a BIG fan, that UConn isn't in our conference. PSU-Md-Rutgers-UConn = a fantastic eastern part of the BIG. I like the fact that you have hockey teams as well.

I mean you damn president is a Michigan alum and you are right, no other team can claim MSG like UConn, minus St. Johns in a miracle year.

She's actually a (gulp) Duke alum. But our AD went to Michigan.

I think we fit the B1G mold quite nicely. Except the AAU thing which should change because we will likely be joining within a couple years.

Please lobby for us. We will love you forever if it has any impact at all, real or perceived.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately you are right. I'm rooting for HCBD to do really good things with the program over the next few years. The problem is going to be getting fans to the games. UCONN averages under 35,000 per game, I think, which is outside the top 60 in the nation. Not gonna win us any contests for sure...

Guess if you are in San Diego ... you might have missed the last 5 years of football at Rentschler.

Here's my take ...

We SOLD out. Lots & lots of Season tickets. 32,000+. We won at Notre Dame. We had a nice strong last year with Edsall. Then we had Hathaway choose PP. We now call that era (with George DeLeone) as Math Class. I think we have new energy all around. Diaco is absolutely the right personality ... let's see how we do from here. One great step then another ... we can build to 53,000 in a few years.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Guess if you are in San Diego ... you might have missed the last 5 years of football at Rentschler.

Here's my take ...

We SOLD out. Lots & lots of Season tickets. 32,000+. We won at Notre Dame. We had a nice strong last year with Edsall. Then we had Hathaway choose PP. We now call that era (with George DeLeone) as Math Class. I think we have new energy all around. Diaco is absolutely the right personality ... let's see how we do from here. One great step then another ... we can build to 53,000 in a few years.
I'll admit i've never been to a men's football game. But I've not read anywhere that the state of our football program over the past 5 years is going to get us invited anywhere.

Reaction Score
If we got into the Big 10 I'm pretty sure the interest in our football program would grow tremendously. Hell, I would probably buy season tickets and I've been to exactly two UConn football games in my life.

Take a chance on us, B1G. We're one of the best basketball programs in America for both men and women, champions in other sports and our football program will improve once included into the B1G.

Reaction Score
syracuse football sucks. Rutgers football sucks. Maryland football sucks. BC football sucks.

There is always an excuse for why uconn is in the AAC. the simple answer is the thletic department run by jeff hathaway was so incompetent in almost every way that it alienated any chance of being chosen

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
EFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU, JEFF HATHAWAY!!!

Reaction Score
I'm sure we'd get more fans, unfortunately probably many Ohio St, Mich, Wis, etc...at the Rent, but we'd fill it. :) Conf Realignment is mostly about FB, but is all about network money. I think if we got an invite to the B1G our FB product would get better, though we'd get our *sses handed to us for a number of years while building it up. I'm okay with that, but is the B1G?

I'd love to get into the B1G or the ACC, hoops wise, but as for our Olympic sports, the travel would be costly and brutal. But I guess the money we'd get would offset that. Maybe? I don't follow it closely enough to know. Wouldn't we be playing a lot of central time games or are there enough EST B1G programs?

The ACC would seem like a better fit, but I'm getting tired of their act. They took so many BE teams over us, so they are dead to me. Though the thought of beating up on BC again, to getting old BE rivals back against Pitt & SU are inviting...I've had enough of UL though, I have so much more respect and trust in the B1G than I do the ACC.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm sure we'd get more fans, unfortunately probably many Ohio St, Mich, Wis, etc...at the Rent, but we'd fill it. :) Conf Realignment is mostly about FB, but is all about network money. I think if we got an invite to the B1G our FB product would get better, though we'd get our *sses handed to us for a number of years while building it up. I'm okay with that, but is the B1G?

I'd love to get into the B1G or the ACC, hoops wise, but as for our Olympic sports, the travel would be costly and brutal. But I guess the money we'd get would offset that. Maybe? I don't follow it closely enough to know. Wouldn't we be playing a lot of central time games or are there enough EST B1G programs?

The ACC would seem like a better fit, but I'm getting tired of their act. They took so many BE teams over us, so they are dead to me. Though the thought of beating up on BC again, to getting old BE rivals back against Pitt & SU are inviting...I've had enough of UL though, I have so much more respect and trust in the B1G than I do the ACC.
I think travel for either ACC or B1G would be very similar or better than what we have for AAC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom