the B1G and ACC have three choices | Page 2 | The Boneyard

the B1G and ACC have three choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I know Memphis has been aiming for the Big 12. How about the ACC?

Reaction Score
So the ACC grabbed Cuse & Pitt to bolster their football?
Exactly - this is why it is a joke. Maybe the B1G wants better football but the ACC ? All the talk is about eyeballs for the networks so why are they so concerned about filling the Rent ? We would do no worse then Minn, Indiana, Illini, and the rest of the bottom half of the B1G if we were in.

Reaction Score
We would do no worse then Minn, Indiana, Illini, and the rest of the bottom half of the B1G if we were in.

Do you think that is the pitch Manuel gives Delaney? "We won't suck that much!"

Reaction Score
1) UConn is one of the 3-4 best hoops programs in college basketball;
2) UConn made the Final Four because UConn owns New York City; or
3) Both.

This is exactly it. Either we are going to the Final Four because we're arguably the best program of the last 25 years (if not top 3), or we're going to the Final Four because we raised holy hell in the media capital of the world. Or both.

Smart leagues should like either. Or both.

Reaction Score
Well, every time I pimp UConn and KU to the BIG on Frank the Tank's site, I get negative responses, esp by certain individuals - almost to the point of being stalked. I just can't understand it & I'm frankly going to call it a day over there. There's a certain core of the BIG fanbase that's just so absurdly yesteryear and stuck on AAU status. It doesn't help that they strut quality, but really care more about money & a handful of fading football powers.

I went to Minnesota, root for them in most sports except Sparty basketball. The western edge of the BIG: Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin and Minnesota gets less say in BIG affairs, albeit Wisky is taking charge as an overall ADept, which pisses me off, but I'm happy for them. I'm happy for any school, regardless of conference, that believes in their teams and such passion translates into attendance and overall fanbase - UConn Basketball absolutely fits this description.

I absolutely want UConn in the BIG. Aside from MSU basketball, Minnesota next, UConn has given me so many great memories in college basketball. I remember all of those heartbreaking losses for Calhoun in regional finals, esp Duke and UCLA. I was so happy when you guys beat Duke - though they beat us first in that FF.

And you know, we Minnesotans will always be proud of Khalid El-Amin, despite his Ma's local fish and chips place being rather mediocre ;)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Duh - NO. I am a football season tix holder and love both men/women hoops. We should be in the B1G for hoops alone. We own NYC as stated by many here. Eyeballs is what they want for their network.

Reaction Score

Actually Minnesota football is better than advertised, we just choke in bowl games & badly mind you - we've lost so many heartbreakers over the past decade. I don't know why we get so much crap as being a bottom dweller. Heck, we nearly own a winning head-to-head rivalry against PSU.

In the grand scheme of history, Minnesota has done more on the gridiron than much of the BIG. We also have a winning record against the SEC in bowl games.

But yes, we don't have good hs football. This is a hockey state, and our basketball talent has risen over the years as well. Even more, MSP is a pro sports state, then B sports for some reason - and we also root for DII programs at a high level.

Reaction Score
Duh - NO. I am a football season tix holder and love both men/women hoops. We should be in the B1G for hoops alone. We own NYC as stated by many here. Eyeballs is what they want for their network.

No disrespect, but my point went right over your head.

Reaction Score
Actually Minnesota football is better than advertised, we just choke in bowl games & badly mind you - we've lost so many heartbreakers over the past decade. I don't know why we get so much crap as being a bottom dweller. Heck, we nearly own a winning head-to-head rivalry against PSU.

In the grand scheme of history, Minnesota has done more on the gridiron than much of the BIG. We also have a winning record against the SEC in bowl games.

But yes, we don't have good hs football. This is a hockey state, and our basketball talent has risen over the years as well. Even more, MSP is a pro sports state, then B sports for some reason - and we also root for DII programs at a high level.

I wasn't suggesting (or agreeing with the other poster) that you are, I almost mentioned that but it wasn't relevant to my point. You've had a few bad runs, but if UConn had done what Minnesota has in football, we'd be in the ACC (or BIG).

We're a basketball state, and also a pro state (Boston/NY teams have huge followings). I get it.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
I've now heard on ESPN for the 7th straight time tonight that UConn beat VCU in the 2011 NC game on ESPN, but I can't find a replay of that game on ESPN to verify. Can anyone tell either me or the ESPN moronos where to find this game.

Part of the problem is that ESPN doesn't know diddly about UConn.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
At least they're crediting us with winning the 2011 title.

Reaction Score
I've now heard on ESPN for the 7th straight time tonight that UConn beat VCU in the 2011 NC game on ESPN, but I can't find a replay of that game on ESPN to verify. Can anyone tell either me or the ESPN moronos where to find this game.

I thought we beat Cuse - no ? :p

Reaction Score
The only Eyeballs that RU will have as far as NYC is concerned is a view from across the Hudson. :)

Reaction Score

I can't blame them because Storrs is so far away from Bristol...um...never mind.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I would LOVE to see UCONN in the B1G. I think we align better with B1G core values than the ACC. I like the fact that the B1G is all large public state universities, except NW. I also want to see UCONN in a "north" conference. Big boy football in the elements. I also REALLY value the B1G's commitment to academics...something that would make me an even prouder UCONN alum. Any conference that willingly invites Louisville Community College types just doesn't interest me. Not arguing LCC's recent athletic success, but athletics are cyclical. They will have down years again and then what will they have? A horrendous academic institution in a small TV market playing second fiddle to Kentucky (as always). I have more faith in the B1G leadership and planning...I just really hope we can be part of those plans someday.

UCONN basketball is elite and only going to get better. I would love to see a B1G conference tourney at MSG with UCONN in it. The atmosphere would be electric. Football will get better under Diaco, I firmly believe. It's a big season coming up and it would be great to piggyback off of the basketball programs successes.

Reaction Score
I will forever despise edsal, he had something special building in Uconn with toddman and sending that team to the fiesta bowl. Can't wait for him to get fired at maryland #. I have no clue why anyone would hire an 80 year old to replace him as hc, recruiting was turned off by that hire.

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
I will forever despise edsal, he had something special building in Uconn with toddman and sending that team to the fiesta bowl. Can't wait for him to get fired at maryland #. I have no clue why anyone would hire an 80 year old to replace him as hc, recruiting was turned off by that hire.

Oh please. Coach P has small children that keep him young and energetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom