The Athletic: Richie Springs Article | The Boneyard

The Athletic: Richie Springs Article

Reaction Score

Highlights:
* Followed a lot of RJ Cole's workouts and Cole really took him under his wing.
* Big time Kimami Young guy. Young is treating Springs almost like his personal project
* Played the "3" when he was younger and is looking to get stronger to play the 4 and 5.
* Plays with a motor, but this year gave him an opportunity to acclimate to the physicality of the NCAA

Reaction Score
Who does he remind you of? 6’9” rebounder. Alex Oriachi? I would take that.

Reaction Score

Highlights:
* Big time Kimami Young guy. Young is treating Springs almost like his personal project
* Played the "3" when he was younger and is looking to get stronger to play the 4 and 5.
* Plays with a motor, but this year gave him an opportunity to acclimate to the physicality of the NCAA

I know a lot of people really think the athletic provides good articles. Is there a lot of volume too though? Just don’t want to spend the money for 1-2 UConn articles a month

Reaction Score
I know a lot of people really think the athletic provides good articles. Is there a lot of volume too though? Just don’t want to spend the money for 1-2 UConn articles a month

I love the athletic, but it wouldn't be worth it for JUST UConn articles. Are you into any pro sports?

Reaction Score
I just bought a 3 month trial membership for $1. Solid test run leading right up thru season start. Also a big Vikings and Yankees fan too...

Reaction Score
I love it. No BS no ads, just good content in black and white with some pics. Good connection between writer and reader too as I’ve been picked on a few mailbags.

Back to Springs...I don’t have huge expectations for him right away, but similar to Brendan Adams, I see him as a great program guy that every championship team needs.

Reaction Score
I'm an Athletic fan as well. I think the value of the Athletic is far superior to ESPN+ or many local newspaper subscriptions.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They had 7 articles this month. Much more in season. More feature articles than games stories. Give it a try. Myself, I'm all-in on The Athletic at this point. It auto-renewed before I started looking for a deal and I found myself not caring.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Highlights:
*Now back on campus with some teammates, he is completing voluntary individual workouts and is paired with James Bouknight...

Thought that was cool

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Back to Springs...I don’t have huge expectations for him right away, but similar to Brendan Adams, I see him as a great program guy that every championship team needs.

Much higher on Springs than BA. Springs has a skill that I think will eventually be elite (rebounding). All you need is one elite skill and a coach who can exploit that, and your really have something

Reaction Score

I got a year for $36 during the basketball season. It's absolutely worth $3/month imo. Great journalists, and I haven't seen one article where politics have been dragged in since I started reading. That's huge for me, as I use sports to get away from that type of rhetoric and just relax.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I just bought a 3 month trial membership for $1. Solid test run leading right up thru season start. Also a big Vikings and Yankees fan too...
Where'd you find this, only thing I have seen is the one week for free. Would definitely be more interested in this to start off then with the Monthly 9 or 60 for the year.

Reaction Score
*Now back on campus with some teammates, he is completing voluntary individual workouts and is paired with James Bouknight...

Thought that was cool
Bouk was instrumental in selling Richie on UConn.. Hopefully some of Bouk's confidence will rub off on Richie..I'm sure DH/staff are trying to leverage that relationship by pairing them together. I'm sure he knows Richie's strengths better than any other player on the team having played with him so much in the past..PT might be a challenge early in the year..Will have to earn it in practice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Where'd you find this, only thing I have seen is the one week for free. Would definitely be more interested in this to start off then with the Monthly 9 or 60 for the year.

Go the Athletic.com and utilize the subscription offers through that platform. They had a free month and regular priced yearly plan. OR, a 50% annual subscription now plan (with no free offer). I took the latter. For $30 a year, the publication is worth the price,.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom