The Athletic Anonymous Coaches UConn-SDSU | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Athletic Anonymous Coaches UConn-SDSU

Reaction Score
Andre is so important to the offense, especially against a tough defense, that I'd love to see someone else guard Butler, just to avoid fouls in the 1st half.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
It’s your point lmao. Why bring it up then? You’re saying SDSU is to this UConn team what UConn was to that Duke team? If you are then you’re way off. This UConn team may be the most under seeded team of all time. Outside of 3 weeks they’ve been the best team in the country
Ugh. I know you. We can’t be beaten. You hexed us in January and are trying to now.

Reaction Score
Vegas isn’t in the PR business. They are in the money business
People didn't bet based on computer anlyses back then. The line was simply where equal money flowed on both ends. What folks thought had less to do with analysis than it does today.

Reaction Score
Ugh. I know you. We can’t be beaten. You hexed us in January and are trying to now.
August I know you. And here you are saying something I’ve never said.

“Respect every opponent, fear none”

I respect SDSU. They’re capable of winning. But they aren’t capable of just outright beating us. They’ll win if we beat ourselves or shrink in the moment. I don’t fear them

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Andre is so important to the offense, especially against a tough defense, that I'd love to see someone else guard Butler, just to avoid fouls in the 1st half.
None of their guards really draw that many fouls. Mostly pulling up off the dribble.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
i'm feeling '11 vibes when butler couldnt score
I need to chill the freak out. When I first read this I thought "Because he was on the bench with 2 fouls"?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing he had Shaka or Marq assistant, Oats or an Alabama asst. Not sure who the MWC coach is because we haven't played any MWC teams this year.
He was just trying to throw off readers scent.

Reaction Score
You want to split hairs between 4’s and 5’s have at it

I'm not splitting hairs between a 4 and a 5. I'm saying back in '99 UConn was placed atop one of the four brackets, the same way Duke was. In other words, UConn beat Duke, but they didn't shock those in the know. They played a great game to beat a great team. SDSU would need to shock the world to knock off UConn. Anything is possible, but it's not an apples to apples comparison.

Sick Puppy

Remember, you wanted this.
Reaction Score
That was a great read. I still cannot wrap my head around the fact the Hurley has become an offensive scheme God. Obviously Miami was trash on D but their scouting report also said they are good against pNr and not so much against shooters running around screens.
He's created the greatest Brain Trust in college hoops. JC (channeling Dean Smith), Wright, K, his dad, his brother, and veteran assistants.

Reaction Score
SDSU KenPom efficiency ranks compared to the 4 BE tourney teams that beat us:

SDSU O- 68
SDSU D- 4
Marquette O- 7
Marquette D- 43
Xavier O- 8
Xavier D- 64
Providence O- 18
Providence D- 93
Creighton O- 23
Creighton D- 14

what do the BE tourney teams that beat us have in common? they all had elite top 25 offenses, and with the exception of creighton, all had defenses outside the top 40. SDSU does not fit that profile.

elite offensive teams like miami and gonzaga are the ones that scared me, not elite defensive teams that cant score efficiently like SDSU.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Feels like we are 99 Duke . Dont like it at all.
But not 99 Duke playing 99 UConn. Not even close. That year two teams stood well above everyone else. This is more like 2004 UConn against GT.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom