The Answer: “No” | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Answer: “No”

Reaction Score
It wasn't the "help him pack comment" - it was the "when they extend him" comment. That would be the day the Boneyard goes into v-fib and the program flatlines.
Pretty sure Greenwich would average more fans than UConn if they renewed Edsall before this season lol

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I honestly thought he'd build us up to 5-6 wins which was all I was asking for. I appear to have been very wrong. If we can't recruit we'll never get better

He's 60 years old and itching to spend all of his days on the boat. He doesn't want to put in the effort.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I honestly thought he'd build us up to 5-6 wins which was all I was asking for. I appear to have been very wrong. If we can't recruit we'll never get better

i think the core ad in storrs is so rotten that nobody can win here right now but it certainly isnt going to be randy’s way if someone proves me wrong

i fear when they finally pull back the onion the budget is going to be way worse than it even seems

Reaction Score
i think the core ad in storrs is so rotten that nobody can win here right now but it certainly isnt going to be randy’s way if someone proves me wrong

i fear when they finally pull back the onion the budget is going to be way worse than it even seems
There has to be a major systematic issue. Everyone else is running circles around us with less resources and lesser brands. Someone apply to an athletic department job and tell me what it's like to work there. I really want to know.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
I wanted to believe that the next hire after Diaco would be the deciding factor on where this program was heading. I had a lot of faith RE would turn this around. Two OC and DC later, I have seen enough. His buyout is zero after this season. If they renew him, I'm out. If they low ball a retread hire I'm out. Anyone gives me free tix, sure, I'll go for the tailgate and drink away the game.

Problem is, my other team is Penn St and I just haven't been able to get myself to be able to go back to watching them. My family bleeds blue and white but I just can't seem to get back into it.

It's sad. I dreamt of getting season tickets again now that my girls were old enough. Wife and I had them for years before our two girls were born. Have been waiting for them to get a bit older. Thought maybe the next year or two we'd be in. What's transpired since my first was born 6 years ago, has ruined this program more than it was already starting to be ruined. Just shaking my head....

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Rock bottom is when Edsall leaves UConn for his second dream job...at East Carolina.

You are not far off. If Edsall leaves without the program competing, then the it's all over. There will be no incentive for any coach or player worth anything to come here. Certainly, not enough to field a competitive team.

Reaction Score
You are not far off. If Edsall leaves without the program competing, then the it's all over. There will be no incentive for any coach or player worth anything to come here. Certainly, not enough to field a competitive team.
See this, I cant support. College football is 100 percent about the coach. There is a reason a Mike Leach can win at Texas Tech and Washington State and others flop at those locations. And it's not just him.

Reaction Score
The endowment thing is a significant issue. The enrollment is understandable because it's in a much bigger state, is much less selective, and is largely still a commuter school.
It also helps if football is an institution in itself within the state and actually more than a line item in a University PnL. I’m sure the Governor of Ohio has at least a passing notion of Ohio State’s roster and the status of the rest of the state’s FBS programs. They also have a vibrant high school football culture which CT most definitely does not.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I'm getting to the point of having to just refrain from following the program. I love UConn football. I was seven years old when we beat Indiana in our first game at the Rent. I was there, and remember watching excitedly when Caulley made Sports Center Top 10 for his play where he broke ten tackles in that game. I continued to follow during the lean years. These are no longer lean years, but criminal mismanagement. I refuse to endorse it any longer. I am as die hard as a fan can get, and they're even driving me away. It's honestly just sad.
You are just trying to drive season ticket holders away so you can snake your way into chair backs at stub hub prices. Not on my watch..

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Its not like UCONN football got very high. That Fiesta Bowl was a damned flook. How long is this freefall going to last?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Take a look at the family names in the Wesleyan Alumni Base one day.

I get that. But damn, by sheer numbers UConn should do much better. I guess our rich alumni don't think much of the school.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He's 60 years old and itching to spend all of his days on the boat. He doesn't want to put in the effort.

That is far from the truth. He came back, because he wanted to right the ship. Anyone thinking he wants to be on a boat, doesn't have a clue. He is here because of what happened to UConn while he was away.
You can't blame him for Dunn leaving as he gave his bonus to him to keep him and he still left. That shows poor character on Dunn's part. Remember he told players he would be there and left right after signing day. My guess he knew he was going to leave but waiting till after signing day. Still upset about it and think it sucks.

C

Chief00

That is far from the truth. He came back, because he wanted to right the ship. Anyone thinking he wants to be on a boat, doesn't have a clue. He is here because of what happened to UConn while he was away.
You can't blame him for Dunn leaving as he gave his bonus to him to keep him and he still left. That shows poor character on Dunn's part. Remember he told players he would be there and left right after signing day. My guess he knew he was going to leave but waiting till after signing day. Still upset about it and think it sucks.

The other and I think more likely possibility is Randy asked Dunn to wait until after signing day.

Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if the program would be in a better spot if we had waited a year to fire Diaco. Save money on the buyout and then wouldn't have to go sifting through the bargain bin at Goodwill for a new HC.

Reaction Score
Can't help but wonder if the program would be in a better spot if we had waited a year to fire Diaco. Save money on the buyout and then wouldn't have to go sifting through the bargain bin at Goodwill for a new HC.
I’ve thought about this too. Another year of Diaco would’ve led us to where we are right now anyway (maybe worse) as far as the roster goes, so I still think it was the right idea to try to right the ship while we still could.

With that being said, it’s impossible to know who we could’ve hired/who would’ve taken the job had we put the buyout money toward a new staff. Lots of variables.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
All the Diaco love and breakfast and fish cakes in the world wouldn’t turn his D2 recruits in to a proper D1 roster. Another year of that is a death sentence, too. We’re just splitting hairs on which bullet to use.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom