The announcers | The Boneyard

The announcers

Reaction Score
Mostly okay. But after Tarin Smith got hit in the head, had his tooth knocked out and was doubled over near half court, Lafayette playing against the four remaining Huskies scored on a lay up. The announcer then began ripping UConn for having such a poor defensive rotation. Well, duh, we were missing a guy, that messes up your rotation.

The guys in the truck must have been playing poker because no one informed the announcer of his oversight even as the camera showed someone picking up Tarin's tooth. They were criticizing UConn's teamwork when their own was lacking.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Oh cmon now they are just announcers. Half of ESPN has the worst announcers. That sled dog thing was a joke. Just put it on mute the game doesn’t change Bc of announcers. Seth Greenberg thought they were in Storrs last game. The other announcer last game thought that shot Jalen Adams took during the AAC tourney was in “this building” aka XL. SNY does a much better job and for life of me don’t understand why they switched this game. Low key can’t wait for CBSSN and that’s sad.

Reaction Score
The play by play guy was Jon Meterparel, who is the play by play guy for BC basketball and football. He used to be the flash guy on the morning radio show on WEEI. Mark Adams was the color guy. Who is he? He wasn't bad.

Reaction Score
The play by play guy was Jon Meterparel, who is the play by play guy for BC basketball and football. He used to be the flash guy on the morning radio show on WEEI. Mark Adams was the color guy. Who is he? He wasn't bad.
Apparently used to coach CCSU in the 90's. Interesting.

Reaction Score
They seem to be under the impression that they need to use hyperbole in every sentence. Not every single thing you mention has to be some kind of extreme, and since we know it isn't it just comes across as a desperate attempt to cover for the fact that they don't have actual insights.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The sled dog thing got old in two minutes. It was forced and awkward after that.

Reaction Score
Apparently it was a dog metaphor kinda night - Bill Walton called Gonzaga’s fans part of the Kennel after cheering a dunk.

Edit: which I just realized is the nickname for the arena...I’m awake too early these days...

evmore

FRIENDOftheprogram
Reaction Score
I will hold off on coming down too hard on them. Meteparel (sp?) is a BC guy (does their football games on radio and i don't think he's too familiar with the UConn of late, as showcased by his lack of narrative when the camera panned to Sid upon checking in.. Didn't quite know who he was or that TSmith played for Hurley's dad, etc.. Hopefully he's a fast learner bc i don't need my play by play guy telling me how nice Jalen's jumper is.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom