The American likely to push for NCAA subdivision inclusion | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The American likely to push for NCAA subdivision inclusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
In case anyone is interested....here is how it can get worse...
http://post original url/d7LG86I5RI

Reaction Score

Uh oh. RT @John_Infante: How DePaul and USF (CA) might end up in Division X while UConn and USF (FL) are left behind: http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2013/07/25/basketball-conferences-make-best-partners-for-power-5.htm

Reaction Score

Uh oh. RT @John_Infante: How DePaul and USF (CA) might end up in Division X while UConn and USF (FL) are left behind: http://www.athleticscholarships.net/2013/07/25/basketball-conferences-make-best-partners-for-power-5.htm

If you start giving credence to a recruiting website's opinion on the matter than you are just looking to be depressed.

Seriously....it's his, all over the place, opinion.

Reaction Score
I absolutely despise Pete Thamel, but the scenario that he outlined in his latest article is the first bit of (potentially) good news UConn's gotten in awhile. Supposedly, the Power 5 would be forming a subdivision of the NCAA rather than leaving it entirely, and in all likelihood the AAC would be apart of it.

As much of a hack as Thamel is, he's a lot more credible than some dude who writes blogs for athleticscholarships.net.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
If the Athletic Scholarships article was written by John Infante, then it's written by a very credible source who knows exactly what he's talking about.

Reaction Score
I don't think the criteria is going to be as secretive as the coca cola formula. Also, UConn's leadership has to recognize at this point, that it is every man for himself here. If some of what we have heard is true, such as UConn has hired two people to focus on conf. realignment only, then I have to believe they already realize this.

I'm actually more optimistic now, that this new division is being bandied about, than about our prospects of getting invited to a P5 Conference under the current structure. Change is our ally here.

And everybody. Please stop listening to what SH/WM say or don't say for public consumption. We are not going to get a blow-by-blow of present or future goings-on. We are not going to be told that the AAC sucks and UCONN is on the first train out.The last time we got "mouthy" was the Blumenthal fiasco. How'd that work out? BC's hate is beyond irrational and the Miami troll, DS, wouldn't even return SH's calls. I read that SH was actually considering using Calhoun's "relationship" with Bill Clinton to get contact with DS.

Secondly, we are severely hampered by our political representation. Louisville had Mitch McConnell and a bunch of mouth breathers promising ACC State pols everything and anything to get pressure applied to ACC school Presidents. Our guys/gals were over-matched and outgunned. We need Charlie Wilson. We have little lord Fauntleroy.

My hope is that SH is working quietly to get a positive result while being aggressive in acting to keep improving the overall UCONN product. The shovel work work is being handled by consultants. We are not going to hear anything until whatever it is is announced.

Reaction Score
I absolutely despise Pete Thamel, but the scenario that he outlined in his latest article is the first bit of (potentially) good news UConn's gotten in awhile. Supposedly, the Power 5 would be forming a subdivision of the NCAA rather than leaving it entirely, and in all likelihood the AAC would be apart of it.

As much of a hack as Thamel is, he's a lot more credible than some dude who writes blogs for athleticscholarships.net.

The original USA Today article that started this discussion pretty much stated this is how it would go down. The Boneyard just tends to add gasoline to any fire that pops up.

If the P5 want the AAC to die they will need to poach a little more. UCONN will survive this.

Reaction Score
If the Athletic Scholarships article was written by John Infante, then it's written by a very credible source who knows exactly what he's talking about.

He's a very good source with connections but I think he's reaching here... Needed to separate from the pack abit or he's saying the same as everyone else.

Reaction Score
God Almighty. Go see a psychiatrist. Please.

I am seeing a psychiatrist. It doesn't help. He says we are all wasting our time with this, that it doesn't matter and won't change our lives no matter what conference UConn is in. I just am very disappointed with the way it turned out for UConn, and feel that it could have been prevented. End of comments. My shrink is correct.

Reaction Score
I am seeing a psychiatrist. It doesn't help. He says we are all wasting our time with this, that it doesn't matter and won't change our lives no matter what conference UConn is in. I just am very disappointed with the way it turned out for UConn, and feel that it could have been prevented. End of comments. My shrink is correct.
I've been told shrinks are very cocky. Now I understand why.

Reaction Score

And what school is he a fan of?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104