The American got punched in the face and Louisville got | The Boneyard

The American got punched in the face and Louisville got

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
totally screwed. The experts can talk all they want about the Cardinals' non-conference SOS etc.,etc. but I'm telling you that Wichita State,Puke,Michigan etc. are wishing they were in another bracket right now. No doubt Mr. Pitino will drum this seeding into his players' brains every which way he can. And most importantly, our seeding and the total number of teams the AAC got in is the last straw for me as far as any reason I could possibly have for our Huskies staying in this Conference. And by the time these talking heads are done they will have St. Joseph's walking backwards over the top of us to get at Villanova. I'm disgusted(right now). Somebody needs to convince me that either the league or our boys got a square deal.

GO HUSKIES!!!
BEAT THE HAWKS!!!
555.jpg

1999_uconn_wins.jpeg

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They were doing a review right after the brackets were announced on ESPN. They were already talking about St. Joe's beating UCONN to face Nova. Its already begun.

Reaction Score
The AAC got no love. It probably doesn't help when teams in the conference openly talk about leaving like Cincinnati did a few months ago. As long as we're in the AAC we need to act like it's where we want to be and we need to sell how good it is. Of course it's not true, but we still need to put on a good sales job.

Louisville got screwed. They should have been no worse than a 2 seed. The idea that they aren't a top 12 team is inappropriate. It's lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous!

UConn should have been a 5, maybe a 4, but no worse than a 5.

SMU got screwed worse than anyone.

Interesting that the two biggest problems that most TV guys mention involve AAC teams (Louisville, SMU). Is there an AAC rep on the selection committee?

Reaction Score
Is there an AAC rep on the selection committee?

ummmmm.......Hathaway?

Reaction Score
No AAC rep. Two from ACC. NC St was the 7th out by ESPN brac. Not first four out but second 4 out. All politics. SMU was not even in the last four in. They got screwed. No one looking out for our conf. on the committee.

Reaction Score
Lville got disrespected bad- easy path or not. The NCAA is slowly turning into a joke.

Reaction Score
Just like us, Louisville got a lower seed but a great draw. They have a cake walk through the first weekend. Louisville vs Wichita State in the Sweet 16 is going to be an awesome watch. The bottom half of the region is awful, Michigan just isn't that big of a threat without McGary all year, they overachieved. Duke is over-seeded as always.

Reaction Score
Just like us, Louisville got a lower seed but a great draw. They have a cake walk through the first weekend. Louisville vs Wichita State in the Sweet 16 is going to be an awesome watch. The bottom half of the region is awful, Michigan just isn't that big of a threat without McGary all year, they overachieved. Duke is over-seeded as always.
So true...

Reaction Score
Agreed. First time in a long time that I'm looking forward to a UConn underdog run. It's good to be the dog for a change! If they play like they're capable, there is no reason UConn shouldn't play for a chance to get to the Final Four.

Reaction Score
In case anyone needed confirmation, we are in a bull$hit conference that will never ever get any respect and it's only going to get worse with Louisville leaving. I demand an investigation into what Warde Manuel did, if anything, to get us into the ACC when Maryland left.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I still think the seeding and the matchups are ludicrous.

Every AAC team is playing an order of magnitude stronger than they should be playing - our draws are not easy from the jump...

UConn is -4
Memphis is -3.5
Cincy is -2.5.

The ACC all received social promotion opponents.

UNC is -5 over Providence
Pitt is -6.5 over Colorado
Syracuse is -13 over Western Michigan
Duke is -10.5 over whoever the hell.
Virginia is -19.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Here's a real question for anyone willing to do the research on it (or for someone who has "a beautiful mind"): When was the last time, if ever, that a team ranked in the top 25 in the AP poll the week preceding the tournament selection was left out of the tournament?

Because that just happened to SMU (#25 AP, #23 Coaches). I don't even have the words for what kind of hosing that is for Larry Brown's team...

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

EDIT: I'm of course asking about after the tournament was 64 teams. It's even worse now that it's 68 teams.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In case anyone needed confirmation, we are in a bull$hit conference that will never ever get any respect and it's only going to get worse with Louisville leaving. I demand an investigation into what Warde Manuel did, if anything, to get us into the ACC when Maryland left.

Who gives a crap what he DID? We are where we are regardless. I only care what he does from here on out. Unfortunately, I don't think much is up to UCONN at this stage in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom