The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are in discussions about forming an alliance for scheduling and more… | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The ACC, Big Ten and Pac-12 are in discussions about forming an alliance for scheduling and more…

Reaction Score
Not about money?

Kevin James Yes GIF by TV Land
Translation; It’s about the money.

Reaction Score

This "alliance" stuff for football scheduling doesn't make a lot of sense.

Didn't the Pac 12 want a 9 game schedule to play Pac 12 teams more frequently? Don't the Pac 12 North schools like Oregon and Washington want to play more game in Southern California than less? Don't fans want to see USC/Oregon or USC/Washington? In the next 6 years, USC and Oregon and USC and Washington only play 2x each, but they want to reduce the number of conference games? Didn't the Big 10 go to a 9 game schedule so that Big 10 schools could play each other more after they expanded? And, don't the two most important ACC football schools, FSU and Clemson, already play an annual SEC opponent and a rotating schedule of Notre Dame games. As of now, FSU and Clemson have scheduled SEC schools for their out of conference P5 games: South Carolina, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, LSU, and Oklahoma. Do FSU and Clemson want to replace their SEC opponents, who are relatively close by, with teams from the Big 10 and Pac 12?

I can see schools scheduling more games with the other 2 conferences, but I can't see most schools signing up to a home and away every year with schools from the other two conferences.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Almost everyone here knows more about this than I do, but here’s my two cents.

1) Of the ACC, Big, and PAC, the ACC is the weakest.
2) None of those conferences are looking to expand with schools from the Big 12 leftovers or the AAC.
3) The only remaining move that makes any sense would be for UVA & UNC to be gobbled up the Big or SEC.

I’m not saying this is likely to happen. I’m just saying it’s the only move that works for the Big, SEC, or PAC.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom