The 5,000 posts or more thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The 5,000 posts or more thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
th

Ha, ha, it's another splendid time here in the 5000 club, just splendid. I wonder how things are going in the 1000 post club?

th

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Pudge is still trying to carry on in another thread. Enough already.

I was happy to learn that because Kendall Reyes and Scott Lutrus were good that means it's ok to not recruit highly regarded players.

Stupid Rutgers and their somewhat well regarded classes - I mean they only keep going bowling every year and had a 7-5 season in their first Big 10 season.

It is starting to read like a Greg Easterbrook's column - you don't want highly recruited GLORY BOYZ!

As if not having highly rated recruits is part of 'the right way'.

Reaction Score
Does it make me a bad 5ker if I'll be on campus at 4 PM but will be in Ted's instead of the Burton?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Does it make me a bad 5ker if I'll be on campus at 4 PM but will be in Ted's instead of the Burton?
Not unless they are serving booze to the press. You gotta get your spot at the bar to properly pre-game the for on campus basketball games, and the press conference will be on the TV in all likelihood. It's a good compromise. FWIW (which I don't believe to be much), as a poster approaching 6,200, I approve.

Reaction Score
Now I've lost my train of thought again. I may leave this thread someday. Not quite yet, however, Harumph.

barry-lyndon_2.jpeg

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I feel so left out. There's just no place to be negative for us 1,001-4,999 post guys anymore.

Reaction Score
Not unless they are serving booze to the press. You gotta get your spot at the bar to properly pre-game the for on campus basketball games, and the press conference will be on the TV in all likelihood. It's a good compromise. FWIW (which I don't believe to be much), as a poster approaching 6,200, I approve.

To be honest, I've gone from following this recruiting stuff closely, to being turned off by it, to not following it, and now I'm just baffled by it. How anyone can follow this stuff just blows my mind.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
To be honest, I've gone from following this recruiting stuff closely, to being turned off by it, to not following it, and now I'm just baffled by it. How anyone can follow this stuff just blows my mind.
I follow the main thread for position & player size and I eat it up on NLI day. But I rarely watch the highlight film or comment in between. It's basically a PS3 game for me until the first Wednesday in February, plus it gets annoying to scroll through Medic's 149 name list every 4 posts;). Especially on a smartphone.

Recruiting is so fluid, it's ridiculous. Plus, How anyone can tell what the next 4 years will bring a kid based on 6 1/2 minutes of the kid's absolute best plays against inferior players is beyond me. Regardless of star rating, these are the best players on their high school field. They are not playing against their peers.

Reaction Score
Kevin Ollie was on a 1 year contract for 106 days. His contract extension came 47 days after his first win.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/blogs/dog-house/UConn-Signs-Kevin-Ollie-to-5-Year-Deal-185169301.html

The hand-wringing about the 1 year contract is so fahking stupid. The staff had to deal with recruiting restrictions, and frankly hasn't had a good record closing on recruits. They have to get better. It's insane to argue that a 15 year old was so concerned about Ollie's future he ruled us out because of the 106 days where the coach was without a long-term contract, but now that 17 year old kid doesn't care about the long term deal Ollie has.

Sir, would you be so polite as to leave? Thanks.

Reaction Score
I think I had over 5000 posts at one time, then someone deleted the thread about hating soccer and I went back down to 200

Reaction Score
I think I had over 5000 posts at one time, then someone deleted the thread about hating soccer and I went back down to 200

Please leave before our people have you arbitrarily added to the sex offender registry.

CL82

Reaction Score
Please leave before our people have you arbitrarily added to the s e x offender registry.
"Now, good day to you sir. I said good day."

sammydabiz

I sport NewBalance sneakers to avoid a narrow path
Reaction Score
Uconn football needs to get better!

I think they need to get "gimmicky" on offense. Uconn can't recruit well enough, to keep up with the jones'. A run heavy read option (ala AFA) or a pass heavy Air Raid (ala Wash St) something like that, but to run an offense like everyone else, UConn will never get ahead of the pack, and we need them to open the gates of P5

CL82

Reaction Score
Uconn football needs to get better!

I think they need to get "gimmicky" on offense. Uconn can't recruit well enough, to keep up with the jones'. A run heavy read option (ala AFA) or a pass heavy Air Raid (ala Wash St) something like that, but to run an offense like everyone else, UConn will never get ahead of the pack, and we need them to open the gates of P5

5,000-post-or-more violation. Please refrain from posts in this thread.
Thank you...and try not to touch anything on the way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom