The 1st Husky? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The 1st Husky?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
As far as like a real discussion Randy Lavigne. He dated a girl on the same floor as my girlfriend and hung out with my gal's roommate's brother Dennis Long the pitcher from the baseball team. Good guy.

Reaction Score
I was 11 years old. Two months after our epic run in the tourney Tate George was doing a meet 'n greet at my school. At the time my favorite player was Chris Smith (still is), but I was so pumped about meeting him. He signed my ball.

Its a shame how he turned out.

Reaction Score
Rashamel Jones and Ricky Moore on the 1999 post title tour. The signed ball sits nicely on my top shelf

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As far as like a real discussion Randy Lavigne. He dated a girl on the same floor as my girlfriend and hung out with my gal's roommate's brother Dennis Long the pitcher from the baseball team. Good guy.
Could have been Lavigne for me as well but that would have been in passing. I knew Vern Giscombe and Chuck Aleksinas pretty well met most of the other guys on the team at one time or another.

Reaction Score
The one that took my daughter to her high school prom. If I say who I may lose my anonymity (he may be a poster) and possibly my still single daughter. LOL

C'mon Kita can't do that to the yard. Let's hear it?

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
The one that took my daughter to her high school prom. If I say who I may lose my anonymity (he may be a poster) and possibly my still single daughter. LOL

Without asking who, did he go to prom with her when he was still in high school? Or was he already playing for UCONN?

Reaction Score
Jim Sullivan. We had a class together and both lived at Carraige House. Would drive into class together on occasion. Nice guy

Reaction Score
Jim Sullivan. We had a class together and both lived at Carraige House. Would drive into class together on occasion. Nice guy

Disco Jim, I wanted him to be so good. Didn't he come from the Boston area, like Dom Bosco HS and was the leading scorer in the state or something?

Reaction Score
Actually I should add Al Fredericks from Stamford to mine. Played against him while he was at Mattatuck CC and got to know him then. Saw him post UConn career at Hartford games and chatted at length a couple times due to our playing against each other. Probably because he owned me but he was a great guy and appreciated people playing him tough I guess. Tough as in tough, not as in stopping him all that much LOL. We played 3X and matched up because our team was so small. They also had the kid Tony Gonzalez from Pulaski New Britain(was in my league in HS went to CCSU I believe) and another big kid from Fischer NY 6'8 and were ranked top 10 in the country Jr college. Fun time to play against them.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Tom Penders in freshman poli sci class. Sat next to me. Stories I could tell. no lack of self confidence. Actually got to know him reasonably well. My longest term roommate was a hs baseball player in Stratford and knew the whole Penders family. The next one I got to know and always a real good guy was Ron Ritter. Knew Wes B. a little because we went with girls from the same dorm our fresh year. BTW, until the "modern" era, that freshman team, which couldn't play varsity, was considered the best and packed the house. Bialosuknia, Penders, Holowaty, Ritter, Dick Thompson and PJ Curran. That was the year Dom Perno famously stole the ball from Bill Bradley to seal UConn's first NCAA tournament win in ages. They got clobbered by Duke in the next game.

Reaction Score
Tom Penders in freshman poli sci class. Sat next to me. Stories I could tell. no lack of self confidence. Actually got to know him reasonably well. My longest term roommate was a hs baseball player in Stratford and knew the whole Penders family. The next one I got to know and always a real good guy was Ron Ritter. Knew Wes B. a little because we went with girls from the same dorm our fresh year. BTW, until the "modern" era, that freshman team, which couldn't play varsity, was considered the best and packed the house. Bialosuknia, Penders, Holowaty, Ritter, Dick Thompson and PJ Curran. That was the year Dom Perno famously stole the ball from Bill Bradley to seal UConn's first NCAA tournament win in ages. They got clobbered by Duke in the next game.

Tell, by all means TELL!!

Reaction Score
Disco Jim, I wanted him to be so good. Didn't he come from the Boston area, like Dom Bosco HS and was the leading scorer in the state or something?
I think at time he graduated he had the record for most points in the Massachusetts for Catholic schools. At least that is my recollection. Also hoped he would be a good player. I would call his career solid. Not as good a shooter as I thought he would be and slower afoot then needed to be successful at that level.

Again a nice guy at UConn, and happened to run into at The Rent once. Talked for a bit, nice to see him. Seemed like he was doing well.

Reaction Score
Tyler Olander in Houston 2011. Coming out of an elevator at the players' Final Four hotel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom