That's the last time I root for the Yankees | The Boneyard

That's the last time I root for the Yankees

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Nice effort from the pinstripes this week end. Sheesh!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Nice effort from the pinstripes this week end. Sheesh!
They have a minor league line-up. Any team behind them should be ashamed. What did you honestly expect? And I still say Kevin Long is way overrated. This team does not know how to advance runners or go the other way. Hint. No A-Rod, no Texeira, no Granderson equals 100 or so less HRs. Ichiro is the only oldtimer on the squad willing to go the other way. They were playing on fumes the first few months. Now, if the pitchers don't keep the other guys to 2 or less runs, forget it.

Reaction Score
We are seeing why Wells and Overbay were not in demand. Have to give the Yankees credit for hanging in as long as they did with that make shift lineup. They don't look like they would be able to contend even with Arod, Jeter, Youk and Texiera back. The Yankees will be in transition the next few years as they try to get younger.
Baltimore looks like the team to beat in the AL East. They are outstanding on D and may have the best overall hitting lineup in the AL.

Reaction Score
We are seeing why Wells and Overbay were not in demand. Have to give the Yankees credit for hanging in as long as they did with that make shift lineup. They don't look like they would be able to contend even with Arod, Jeter, Youk and Texiera back. The Yankees will be in transition the next few years as they try to get younger.
Baltimore looks like the team to beat in the AL East. They are outstanding on D and may have the best overall hitting lineup in the AL.

I agree unless they get these guys back with some kind of impact.......but think about it.....just 5 games in the loss column with a 3rd baseman batting .145, a ist baseman and left fielder batting .220ish and a SS who is. under .250........they all come back and hit close to what they do and they can fly back in it, problem is when?? LOL.....good news is no one is that good that they can't lose 11 of 16 too!

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I agree unless they get these guys back with some kind of impact.......but think about it.....just 5 games in the loss column with a 3rd baseman batting .145, a ist baseman and left fielder batting .220ish and a SS who is. under .250........they all come back and hit close to what they do and they can fly back in it, problem is when?? LOL.....good news is no one is that good that they can't lose 11 of 16 too!

Overbay is one of the steadier ones. Therein lies a problem. You have to feel for some of the younger guys who they've been forced to play a lot. It isn't like they are in the middle of a lot of good veterans to ease the pressure to produce a bit. We didn't even mention Jeter about whom we don't know if he could have been somewhere close to last year, or Cerevelli who is probably their best offensive catcher, which isn't saying much, but they need all the bats they can find. I agree that even really good teams can have a slide, but this is not a really good team with the present line up. No joking, I've been away a lot the last month and every time I come back, the Yankees have released player x and now have player y, and sometimes more than one position. I haven't the foggiest who some of these guys are.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What did you honestly expect?

I don't know what I expected, but I happen to be in the LWOH (local watering hole) early Saturday evening when the NY-BAL game came on. I said out loud "I'm rooting for the Yankees tonight." Guy next to me said "I'm never rooting for the Yankees ever." An hour later it was 9-0. So because I care, I'm never rooting for the Yankees again.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
I don't know what I expected, but I happen to be in the LWO (local watering hole) early Saturday evening when the NY-BAL game came on. I said out loud "I'm rooting for the Yankees tonight." Guy next to me said "I'm never rooting for the Yankees ever." An hour later it was 9-0. So because I care, I'm never rooting for the Yankees again.

So UConn has a bad stretch and half the team is injured to boot and you say screw it? This is not the team the Yankees tried to build. If it were, maybe you'd have a point. But geez.

Reaction Score
So UConn has a bad stretch and half the team is injured to boot and you say screw it? This is not the team the Yankees tried to build. If it were, maybe you'd have a point. But geez.

He's ok cohen, he's a Sox fan who was hammered at a local establishment and thought he could be a Yankee fan......truth be told a Sox fan could never be a Yankee fan!!;)

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Did someone just try to compare UConn with the Evil Empire?

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
He's ok cohen, he's a Sox fan who was hammered at a local establishment and thought he could be a Yankee fan......truth be told a Sox fan could never be a Yankee fan!!;)
Actually, I have a good friend (and a guy who's been a UConn guy since before George Washington) who made that switch and it's for real. I think.

Reaction Score
Actually, I have a good friend (and a guy who's been a UConn guy since before George Washington) who made that switch and it's for real. I think.

Wow I can't imagine!!! Really it would be impossible for me......only thing worst would be from UConn to either Duke or any school Calipari's at!! LOL

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
Wow I can't imagine!!! Really it would be impossible for me......only thing worst would be from UConn to either Duke or any school Calipari's at!! LOL

I've actually hard a hard time really rooting for anyone. I guess because I'm spoiled by being a fan in a big market, but when players are treated like investments rather than players, to where a hangnail is a reason to sit out, and guys like Mantle played in agony (I know, he had injury down time too, but he played in real pain all the time) it's gets to be stupid. Make 20 million a year and be protected like the crown jewels. You'd think for that kind of money it would be at least a little bit the opposite.

Reaction Score
It'll be very interesting, if NY doesn't turn things around, what they'll do with Joba and Hughes. Despite their inconsistency, they'll earn good money this winter, probably more than they're worth.

Reaction Score
It'll be very interesting, if NY doesn't turn things around, what they'll do with Joba and Hughes. Despite their inconsistency, they'll earn good money this winter, probably more than they're worth.
The Yankees may need to do something similar to what the Sox did last year and clean out the clubhouse. They are paying a lot of money for players who are not even playing. I admit that I was skeptical when the Sox traded Adrian Gonzalez, Carl Crawford, Josh Beckett and Nick Punto for what has turned out to be two prospects but look where they are and look where the Dodgers are. If the Yankees were to unload Arod, Joba, and a few others (admittedly they would have to pay their salaries, and bring in some younger players with good attitudes, they might be better off. They might not win right away but they would be more fun to watch.

Reaction Score
The Yankees may need to do something similar to what the Sox did last year and clean out the clubhouse. ... If the Yankees were to unload Arod, Joba, and a few others, they might be better off. They might not win right away but they would be more fun to watch.

If only. NY might willingly take a big salary hit to move ARod, but he's got a no-trade and is adamant about not waiving it. You don't want to trade productive players when you're in a race, but they're pretty unlikely to re-sign Joba, who'll draw good interest.* I'd love to see them try to get some prospects back. It seems the NY minor league system is pretty thin on positional talent, aside from catcher.

* Betances, an over-hyped prospect, might finally make it as a reliever, and Claiborne's been a very nice surprise.

Reaction Score
If only. NY might willingly take a big salary hit to move ARod, but he's got a no-trade and is adamant about not waiving it. You don't want to trade productive players when you're in a race, but they're pretty unlikely to re-sign Joba, who'll draw good interest. I'd love to see them try to get some prospects back. It seems the NY minor league system is pretty thin on positional talent, aside from catcher.

Betances, an over-hyped prospect, might finally make it as a reliever, and Claiborne's been a very nice surprise.

Kuroda is where the Yanks can get some juice back. Nobody will touch ARod and Joba and Hughes wouldn't yield a top 100 prospect. If Granderson is healthy and they don't wish to resign him then move him as well. The Yanks are only 1.5 back in the wild card so they will sit tight and see if they can hang around.

Reaction Score
Kuroda is where the Yanks can get some juice back. Nobody will touch ARod and Joba and Hughes wouldn't yield a top 100 prospect. If Granderson is healthy and they don't wish to resign him then move him as well. The Yanks are only 1.5 back in the wild card so they will sit tight and see if they can hang around.

ARod is radioactive pending the MLB investigation. If he should get cleared, there'll be a market for him IF the Yankees pick up a BIG part of his contract. Hell, teams are checking out Manny Ramirez. But, again, don't see him waiving his no-trade.

Kuroda and Hughes/Joba are different situations. The team seems inclined to let the latter two go. Joba, in particular, might really benefit from a change in scenery, and supposedly Atlanta is interested. Kuroda is like Pettitte. He's year to year, and if the only teams he'll pitch for are NY or LA. Otherwise, he'll return to Japan. He's also 11 years older than the other two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom