That was the most BIZARRE announcing feed . . . | Page 2 | The Boneyard

That was the most BIZARRE announcing feed . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Folks....Bob here..Really..Let me sincerely apologize for the b'cast heard on the video cast. It's ALL on me. I engineer my own games and I have no excuses...it's unacceptable. You're a quality group of people that deserve a better b'cast than that...And you'll get that going forward.
Thanks, Bob, for being the stand-up guy the board has always believed you are as an announcer and facing the issue head on. Blessings and thanks for the great game call you give us. Games are always enjoyable when the call focuses on the game play and less on too much color. You give that to us. Thanks again.

Reaction Score
I believe everyone complains about their job. If the engineer did his/her job, there would have been no problems. Being a fan isn't a job requirement. I doubt if Doris Burke is a fan of every team she works.

Signed,
Uncle Don
Doris Burke is a fan of twitter. That's why we had to hear about that when we were interested in whether the play was a foul, violation, or out-of-bounds.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
OK, thorough critique of Bob's injudicious and inadvertent "on-air" comments, followed up by a sincere apology. Enough already!

Well, not quite. Permit a confession.

One of my great pleasures when attending UConn games is to sneak out a bit early and hurry to get in the car to hear the masterful post-game summary by Bob (and Kara and CD). I am always amazed at his recap of the game (with recorded excerpts from play-by-play) and interview with CD, not to mention Kara's breakdown of stats). The consistent quality of that segment as we drive south on I-91 makes it easy for me to forgive Mr. Joyce for a momentary lapse in professionalism during a meaningless game.

RadyLady

The Glass is Half Full
Reaction Score
RSJ14 said:
Folks....Bob here..Really..Let me sincerely apologize for the b'cast heard on the video cast. It's ALL on me. I engineer my own games and I have no excuses...it's unacceptable. You're a quality group of people that deserve a better b'cast than that...And you'll get that going forward.

Hey Bob I echo Ice Bears post and thank you as well for coming on the board. I also echo everybody's comments when they say how much we appreciate your quality play-by-play and your post game content.

For a Connecticut kid living outside of Connecticut switching over to the radio feed after SNY game broadcast and sometimes having your broadcast on in addition to the SNY game because of the quality of what you deliver really enhances my experience.

Thank you for all that you do.

Reaction Score
Kibitzer said:
OK, thorough critique of Bob's injudicious and inadvertent "on-air" comments, followed up by a sincere apology. Enough already!

Well, not quite. Permit a confession.

One of my great pleasures when attending UConn games is to sneak out a bit early and hurry to get in the car to hear the masterful post-game summary by Bob (and Kara and CD). I am always amazed at his recap of the game (with recorded excerpts from play-by-play) and interview with CD, not to mention Kara's breakdown of stats). The consistent quality of that segment as we drive south on I-91 makes it easy for me to forgive Mr. Joyce for a momentary lapse in professionalism during a meaningless game.

Here here. We are all human. My respect for Bob just took a giant rebound. Making a mistake happens. What doesn't happen often enough is folks stepping up and taking accountability. I see it every day in my work...and I have tremendous respect for those man/woman enough to admit it and apologize for it. Kudos, Bob!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
He actually created an account and logged onto the BY to apologize to the fans? Class act. Bravo to him.

I am reminded of MANY unfortunate comments, mostly by politicians, who "thought the mic was off" and erupted with some inappropriate comments. Most famous politicians are guilty of that, on both sides of the aisle. Sounds like Bob isn't immune to it either! I'm betting it never happens again though!! ;)

Reaction Score
This and other complaints during the game thread suggest yes.
We are provided with radio broadcast and commmentary free of charge and we have to run them down?
No one is forced to listen. Some folk's sense of entitlement is unjustified IMO.

I believe a professional is one who only knows one way to do their job. It should not be dependent on whether everyone who sees their work paid for it. I assume Joyce was paid to do the broadcast and in doing the broadcast, he is presenting UCONN WCBB to the world. Don't we want it presented in a professional manner? Objective and professional are not contradicting terms!

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Bob, many are the times that we mute the tv broadcast at home to listen to you....one slip does not erase our enjoyment of your broadcasts (we all have a bad day from time to time). Keep up the good work, and thanks for everything.

Reaction Score
I was just going to comment on the video broadcast that I paid $10.oo for but I appreciate the apology by Bob. When the game was on the audio was first class by Bob as always. The video was horrible but that's on UConn in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Okay, Mr. Joyce. Always thought you were a class act and was having a tough time with these latest reports. Thanks for weighing in. Very real and very credible.

Reaction Score
Nice move Bob. Sorry for listening in on your private time, and kudos for it including nothing off-color - no cussing or gender, race or other insults to other protected classes. So you're all good :cool:

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Since I could only get the radio version, instead of Bob's indiscretions I got Bob's Furniture. At about 120 decibels. I thought the game call was great, but the commercials made my ears bleed.

ps; Truth to tell, the game wasn't all that exciting, except for Morgan's resurgence.

Reaction Score
Since I could only get the radio version, instead of Bob's indiscretions I got Bob's Furniture. At about 120 decibels. I thought the game call was great, but the commercials made my ears bleed.

ps; Truth to tell, the game wasn't all that exciting, except for Morgan's resurgence.
Bob-o-Pedic - Come on DOWN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman