That was a hell of a basketball game | Page 4 | The Boneyard

That was a hell of a basketball game

Reaction Score
Overall I really like the Zags program and Mark Few and I even like most of their players this year but Timme is annoying enough to ruin it. Gotta root for Baylor unfortunately
Timmie is this years Mo Wagner..... there’s one every year.... He’s the guy that’s always struttin, running his mouth and flexing after every positive play... usually a white guy (but not necessarily). Eric Devedorf... Tyler Hansbrough....pick any Duke guy (Reddick, Lattener, Grayson Allen).. Marshall Henderson... There’s one every year and Timmie is this years .

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I don't follow Vegas. I just knew Nova came out of nowhere that year, it was improbable.

You make good points about turnovers.

But I would turn it around and emphasize how they managed to score despite turning it over against the Georgetown defense. That team put you under extreme pressure as they had three 6'7" G-Fs that doubled the ball like maniacs. And if you squeezed by them, you had Ewing waiting for you under the basket, and there was no circle under the basket back then. It was extremely hard to score.

Without even watching a video clip, I still envision Reggie Williams and David Wingate doubling people and trapping them with their extremely long arms. It was a nightmare.

I'm not arguing here which teams were better since those teams had seniors. I'm talking about the game itself. Insane defensive pressure with insane shot-making of 75-80% is just a crazy anomaly.

I don't think the NCAA has ever seen anything like it since nor maybe will it ever again.

(Confession, as UConn wasn't very good in those years, I rooted for that Georgetown team in the tournament throughout Ewing's career, with the exception of that '85 final).

Never rooted for Georgetown as they were always the team I disliked the most. Why because they were so damn good while UConn was middling at best until Calhoun got there.

Reaction Score
Physically yes.

Mentally this can go one of two ways

Gonzaga knows they can win a close game and not blink or panic, which they didn't know before
Or
There could be a loss of confidence knowing that an 11 seed hung right with them and it took a miracle shot to win. If UCLA could do that what about Baylor?

It should be interesting
Agree with you ain't no one going to be tired.
ll basketball players, even one's on great teams know that anyone can win, most relish the competition.
I think like anyone who watched that game the Zags left juiced, sure dodged a bullet but also rose to the occasion and psyched to have done so. If you are the best team and you win when an underdog plays its very best game against you that only builds confidence. Plus of course they'll be fired up playing for their first ever national championship. I'm way more worried about the moment being too big for Baylor, Gonzaga is showing up tonight.

Reaction Score
Timmie is this years Mo Wagner..... there’s one every year.... He’s the guy that’s always struttin, running his mouth and flexing after every positive play... usually a white guy (but not necessarily). Eric Devedorf... Tyler Hansbrough....pick any Duke guy (Reddick, Lattener, Grayson Allen).. Marshall Henderson... There’s one every year and Timmie is this years .
Chief thinks Timmie is a really good player.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom