That was a hell of a basketball game | The Boneyard

That was a hell of a basketball game

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Good god.

I hate this phrase and I hate it even more applying it to Cronin, but it’s a shame that someone had to lose that game.

That was just great, great basketball for 45 minutes. Feel like Baylor has caught a break because whoever won this game is going to be a little gutted for the next one.

Reaction Score
Insane shotmaking (both teams above 1.2 points per possession). Overtime. 2 clutch late shots. The craziest buzzer beater in Final Four history. An undefeated season on the line.

That game is way, way, way up there for best games in tournament history. Top 5 at the minimum. We're talking Kentucky-Duke, UNC-Nova, NC St-Houston, Kansas-Memphis.

BoukofJames

“Business. Always business.”
Reaction Score
11714BB2-C6D2-4B5C-9F2D-CD26E7F503A9.jpeg

NowInStorrs

The truth is out there.
Reaction Score
Yeah it was. Incredible game by both teams. A lot of great plays. It was back and forth the whole time. Hard to have a better game than that.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Played at such a high level. The execution, pick and roll, pin downs, just fantastic watching these talented young men go at one another with such intensity. Both teams put on a wonderful display of how the game should be played and both programs should be proud on how they represented themselves today before millions.

Reaction Score
Insane shotmaking (both teams above 1.2 points per possession). Overtime. 2 clutch late shots. The craziest buzzer beater in Final Four history. An undefeated season on the line.

That game is way, way, way up there for best games in tournament history. Top 5 at the minimum. We're talking Kentucky-Duke, UNC-Nova, NC St-Houston, Kansas-Memphis.
Agreed- high level play and coaching on both sides. One of the great games.

Reaction Score
I was happy to see the gods favor the Zags. They deserve it. But I definteily found myself rooting for Juzang, Jaquez and Bernard..... even though Bernard barely played tonight.

I found myself fascinating by their ability to ignore the strengths of the other team. In every game it seemed like they simply said we got 3 swing players that are legit. You can't stop em all. So we are going to slow what you do a little at just go right at you with what we do well.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
There are onions, but then there are MAJOR onions......with a kiss!

No but that was the best college basketball game I’ve ever seen. Maybe that’s just recency bias, but I can’t think of a better game. Of course there’s the 6 OT game, but I can’t remember a game where both teams played their absolute best, A+ game from basically start to finish.

UCLAs center was even gettin on the action dropping 20 footers every time he touched the ball.

Reaction Score
Classic game that will be talked about for a long time, but you can't have a top 5, there are so many. I mean, I remember Arkansas Duke as a great game, or Nova Georgetown, which still blows my mind until this day. And of course UConn- Duke!

Reaction Score
Classic game that will be talked about for a long time, but you can't have a top 5, there are so many. I mean, I remember Arkansas Duke as a great game, or Nova Georgetown, which still blows my mind until this day. And of course UConn- Duke!
This game is a bigger underdog game than Nova/GTown (11 seed from the play-in game, 13.5 point underdog). With a more exciting finish, overtime, and better play overall.

Reaction Score
I love this game. But it will lose some of its long term luster if the Zags lose on Monday. The Yankees' "Boone game" lost a lot of its importance after the loss to the Marlins. If the Zags win on Monday this is an all time classic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom