That was a big fat waste of time | The Boneyard

That was a big fat waste of time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Defense played admirably.

Offensive game plan was once again, coaching malpractice. It was almost as if Diaco said 'we're bowl eligible, so why bother trying to win this game'.

Have been on the Boneyard for 15 years so have plenty of history. Many of you know me and know I bleed blue and white. Tonight felt like early last year...not trying to win at all..just trying to see what we have.

We have 25k season ticket holders. Tonight was a major reason why. No excitement, no creativity and no hope. That was pathetic. Love the players..hate the coaching and the game plan

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Offensive game plan was once again, coaching malpractice. It was almost as if Diaco said 'we're bowl eligible, so why bother trying to win this game'.

Have been on the Boneyard for 15 years so have plenty of history. Many of you know me and know I bleed blue and white. Tonight felt like early last year...not trying to win at all..just trying to see what we have.

We have 25k season ticket holders. Tonight was a major reason why. No excitement, no creativity and no hope. That was pathetic. Love the players..hate the coaching and the game plan

Posts like this makes me wish there was an "Agree" button alongside the "Like" button.

Reaction Score
That was pathetic. And Boyle is still terrible. I wish they would have just kept going with Anderson.

Reaction Score

Trying to pound square pegs into round holes. Should just give the kids enough to be successful, even if it means YOU have to change.

Reaction Score
Trying to pound square pegs into round holes. Should just give the kids enough to be successful, even if it means YOU have to change.
let's be honest, how much could they change in one week?

FillTheRent

College football lives in Connecticut
Reaction Score
At halftime I told my wife that I felt like I was watching a UCONN game from last year and that this game had a chance to get ugly. She said, "Uh oh, I'm going to bed." I got a couple more beers to take me through till the end.

Reaction Score
Boyle played better than we could have hoped. Tough to run an offense with the shackles on IMHO

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
let's be honest, how much could they change in one week?

The staff should have already had an offensive package geared towards Boyle planned out.

And they should have practiced it at least some every week.

The time to figure this out wasn't to wait for Sheriffs to get hurt first.

Reaction Score
The staff should have already had an offensive package geared towards Boyle planned out.

And they should have practiced it at least some every week.

The time to figure this out wasn't to wait for Sheriffs to get hurt first.
-
Yes. God forbid that we focused on actually getting the offense to the point where they could let the D carry them to 6 wins. We should have spent more time only being 4-7, but being ready with a back up plan.

Reaction Score
We should have played like we had nothing to lose. Instead we played like we had everything to lose. Almost as if we were going to be shut out of the gang of 4 with a loss. We gave Temple Alabama-like respect. Diaco's game plan was a joke. Push some boundaries. Give your bowl opponent something to think about.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
-
Yes. God forbid that we focused on actually getting the offense to the point where they could let the D carry them to 6 wins. We should have spent more time only being 4-7, but being ready with a back up plan.

You're better than that. You know every staff should be prepping a package of plays for the backup- especially when the back up can't run the same offense as the starter.

Someone on the offensive staff should be scouting film for 8-10 plays and formations that give Boyle some chance especially given the defense overloads the offensive line.

Find the plays, send it to Verducci for a sanity check and practice them every week.

Reaction Score
-
Respect your opinions. But even you have to admit that the o game plan tonight was uber-playing not to lose. And it was crap

Reaction Score
You're better than that. You know every staff should be prepping a package of plays for the backup- especially when the back up can't run the same offense as the starter.

Someone on the offensive staff should be scouting film for 8-10 plays and formations that give Boyle some chance especially given the defense overloads the offensive line.

Find the plays, send it to Verducci for a sanity check and practice them every week.

1. No, I'm probably not. But thanks.

2. Practice time is limited. There is only so much you can do. If they focused on how we were getting to 6 wins with BS and weren't focused on what if he goes down I'm fine with it.

The offensive coaching this year has been very good. I think they blew it tonight. But if Urban Meyer was running the offense tonight we still weren't going to make a game of it.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
1. No, I'm probably not. But thanks.

2. Practice time is limited. There is only so much you can do. If they focused on how we were getting to 6 wins with BS and weren't focused on what if he goes down I'm fine with it.

The offensive coaching this year has been very good. I think they blew it tonight. But if Urban Meyer was running the offense tonight we still weren't going to make a game of it.

I agree the chances of winning this week were low.

But it didn't have to be this bad.

Everyone knew midway through the 1st quarter that UConn was gonna lose.

Mixed analogy time. UConnhad an outfielder pitching and the coach called every pitch a change up over the middle of the plate because he didn't want to walk anyone.

Reaction Score
Respect your opinions. But even you have to admit that the o game plan tonight was uber-playing not to lose. And it was crap

I said the coaches didn't do themselves proud tonight. I'm o.k. that it was uber conservative, but you need to adjust and if you can't run you need to throw. I also would have been o.k. if they wanted to see what TB could do. I think trying to put in a different offense was crap.

But we didn't lose because they tried something new and we didn't lose because we were too conservative. We lost because we couldn't run a lick. And that's not on coaches -- it's on the players.

Reaction Score
I don't think Diaco knew the OL was gonna shart the bed tonight.

The deep ball pick from Boyle told you everything you need to know about the game planning.

Remember that if Houston doesn't turn it over 4 times and or if Ward was able to play last week, well you know....

The football Gods giveth and they taketh...

Awesome year, now let's go bowling.

Reaction Score
I said the coaches didn't do themselves proud tonight. I'm o.k. that it was uber conservative, but you need to adjust and if you can't run you need to throw. I also would have been o.k. if they wanted to see what TB could do. I think trying to put in a different offense was crap.

But we didn't lose because they tried something new and we didn't lose because we were too conservative. We lost because we couldn't run a lick. And that's not on coaches -- it's on the players.
Couldn't run and that's not on the coaches. Say what? When you run on every first down and don't throw one pass more than 5 yards down the field until the 4th quarter, how can you run when the defense knows what's coming. Yes there was some bad blocking but no that is not all on the players, the coaches gave them no chance to succeed with that predictable offense.

Reaction Score

Temple was selling out on run so bad on first down it was pathetic. Arkeel was getting hit two yards deep almost as soon as he got the handoff. There was one play where Samra pulled (the Arkeel fumble play I believe) and hit no one. There were 3 guys there to choose from. 5 guys are not blocking 7 or 8, and Temple basically bet the house that we weren't going to throw and they won bet going away.

It's like @Skiblets and @uconnfan68 are saying. This for us, was a house money game. Temple should have been the tight team with a championship game bid on the line. Instead we totally turtled up. @Skiblets isn't wrong when he aludes to how these performances affect season ticket sales. We are beyond boring. If you were on the fence about getting tickets after hearing about last week's game against Houston, and you decide to tune in tonight to see what the buzz is about, well tonight's game is just a buzzkill.

Play loose and have fun. There is nothing respectable about losing how we lost tonight. If you throw to pick sixes you still lost.

Reaction Score
Temple was selling out on run so bad on first down it was pathetic. Arkeel was getting hit two yards deep almost as soon as he got the handoff. There was one play where Samra pulled (the Arkeel fumble play I believe) and hit no one. There were 3 guys there to choose from. 5 guys are not blocking 7 or 8, and Temple basically bet the house that we weren't going to throw and they won bet going away.

It's like @Skiblets and @uconnfan68 are saying. This for us, was a house money game. Temple should have been the tight team with a championship game bid on the line. Instead we totally turtled up. @Skiblets isn't wrong when he aludes to how these performances affect season ticket sales. We are beyond boring. If you were on the fence about getting tickets after hearing about last week's game against Houston, and you decide to tune in tonight to see what the buzz is about, well tonight's game is just a buzzkill.

Play loose and have fun. There is nothing respectable about losing how we lost tonight. If you throw to pick sixes you still lost.
Agree 100%

Reaction Score
Couldn't run and that's not on the coaches. Say what? When you run on every first down and don't throw one pass more than 5 yards down the field until the 4th quarter, how can you run when the defense knows what's coming. Yes there was some b ---- ing but no that is not all on the players, the coaches gave them no chance to succeed with that predictable offense.

It's a disease we've had for a long time and even though we had nothing to lose, you'll still hear the rationalization that we were going to lose anyway so it's OK. I find that sad. And as much as I like Andersen he's a 1 year guy who was being converted to RB and didn't have the reps to install an offense around in 1 week.

All that said Matakevitch is an awesome beast and football-smart. Love that guy. And Temple beats a lot of teams ranked ahead of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom