That is why | The Boneyard

That is why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The NFL needs an independent replay official like college. That should have been reversed, but the on-field official can't get out of the way of his own ego.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
agree. could be 13-3 or 17-3 right now instead.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So do you Giant fans still want Tom Coughlin fired? I can't keep up with you.

Reaction Score
And whar a joke on the late hit on Rogers....Eli got hit late 3X and nothing...this one to Rogers was not late or to the head. You would think thre was an agenda out there.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
agree mau. eli was getting bashed all game and then that call was brutal, it gave the packers life for a minute there. but what do i care, im a 49ers fan.:D

Reaction Score
we both got our wish too dan right? I wanted SF because NO at home is killer and hammered us. You wanted a home game - one of us is gonna be happy. Good luck next week should be a beauty.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
we both got our wish too dan right? I wanted SF because NO at home is killer and hammered us. You wanted a home game - one of us is gonna be happy. Good luck next week should be a beauty.
yup yup good luck to your giants. i had a great weekend. uconn win, 49ers win(been a while since it mattered) and the yanks pulled off a good looking trade.

Reaction Score
Is there any non-Giant fan who understood the non-reversed fumble that led to the first GB touchdown. I am biased, so maybe I didn't see it fairly, but I didn't see any way they could not reverse the call. I thought the replay clearly showed the ball out before any part of the Packer hit the ground.

Reaction Score
If I was a referee there would be flags all over the field for excessive celebration. Someone gets a sack. a first down, makes a tackle or scores a touchdown they have to put on a big show. As Vince Lombarbi said and Bill Parcells repeated "act like you've been there before". It drives me crazy. Even when teams I root for do it. Maybe I'm just a miserable old man but I don't get it. Todays players seem more corcerned with getting on the highlights for their celebrations than winning.'

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Is there any non-Giant fan who understood the non-reversed fumble that led to the first GB touchdown. I am biased, so maybe I didn't see it fairly, but I didn't see any way they could not reverse the call. I thought the replay clearly showed the ball out before any part of the Packer hit the ground.
biz i watched the game with giant fans but being a 49ers i see no blue in my vision.
-it was a fumble, bad review
-there was a missed holding call at 1 point early that allowed AR to run
-eli was hit real late no call
-bad spotting on a 3rd down, giants kick fg or punt i forget. looked like bradshaw reached for it, no review
-eli was hit late again, not brutal
-AR hit no later than the eli hits and called late/h2h?? saves the drive.

the fix was in and the giants played 5 steps ahead of it.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The "late hit" or head to head hit on Rodgers was the worst non replay call of the game. Wasn't even almost late and his head wasn't touched.

Reaction Score
biz i watched the game with giant fans but being a 49ers i see no blue in my vision.
-it was a fumble, bad review
-there was a missed holding call at 1 point early that allowed AR to run
-eli was hit real late no call
-bad spotting on a 3rd down, giants kick fg or punt i forget. looked like bradshaw reached for it, no review
-eli was hit late again, not brutal
-AR hit no later than the eli hits and called late/h2h?? saves the drive.

the fix was in and the giants played 5 steps ahead of it.

I saw a lot of them that way. But crap happens. And comparing one non-call to another call is always more frustrating than helpful. But I am really hard pressed to understand how, on replay, that wasn't a fumble.

But that Big Blue was that great is far more important to me.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Next week : Giants exorcise the demons from that miserable playoff game against the Niners in '02. I'm not still bitter... lol

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

Didn't you guys win?

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
I'm a giants fan, and I thought it was a fumble on the replay. But I guess the timing was close enough that it wasn't quite clear enough to overturn, in the ref's mind... out something. Does the reasonable doubt standard apply to the "indisputable video evidence"?

Sent from my SGH-T679 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Eli proves once again he is among the elite qb's in the league. On another level than romo.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think this season proves that Eli Manning is an elite quarterback that should be mentioned int he same breath as Brees, Rodgers, and Brady.

Reaction Score
And the OP is absolutely right. There should be a replay official. Even though they ge them wrong. i.e. saracuse and their numerous field goal/extra point botched calls

Reaction Score
Eli proves once again he is among the elite qb's in the league. On another level than romo.
Not sure being on another level than Romo proves he's among the elite...I would favor a slightly higher standard than being better than Romo, but whatever. Coughlin is a very good football coach, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom