That first half play calling was atrocious | Page 5 | The Boneyard

That first half play calling was atrocious

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Worst game for me in the 56 years I've been following Uconn football. F++k the 5 year plan and let the guy go. We need enthusiasm right now and we don't have it with Edsall. Nothing to lose. Let the OC run the show and see what happens.

Agree. This loss is much worse than Towson. This is the new low point of the program in a program chock full of low points.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Agree. This loss is much worse than Towson. This is the new low point of the program in a program chock full of low points.
I am seriously just in awe of how much lower we can sink. Every time we think "this must be rock bottom" we find a new way to get lower. I am not advocating this, nor should it happen, but it seems the only way to stop falling father is just killing off the program.

I am so tired of thinking we have hit rock bottom just to find a new low.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I stupidly thought that after the effort vs SoFla this team would come out and blast UMass
After the first drive I was happy then the roof fell in
I was a big RE 2 backer but after this game - no way
The worst problem - who the hell wants this program?
The coaching staff has no balls and that is very bad for a young team
I wish it were easy to just get rid of football

Reaction Score
This is officially the worse team i have ever watched in Uconn blue. The defensive backs are atrocious and the play calling sucks. Edsall always plays not to loose instead of trying to win. It is painful to watch this team. The sad thing is I don't see improvement so the future doesn't look good. I'm not sure where this program is headed, but it does not look good.

Reaction Score
That's what happens when you hire a has been who wasn't even that good to coach....game has passed him by, can't play that crappy conservative ball in today's game and win

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Very very painful god I Hope randy has a plan because right now things look bleak

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
I couldn’t watch or listen because I’m at a conference. How the heaven did we lose lol

Reaction Score
Did feel like Diaco was back in charge. Tough to watch. Pass defense on UMass TDs was abysmal. Watching on TV, I could see what defense was giving them. Everything. Terrible. Also, don’t understand offensive play calling. Basically, no passing game. Final pass play which went for interception was God awful decision. Right into coverage. Hard to think that we must watch this team the rest of the season.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I am seriously just in awe of how much lower we can sink. Every time we think "this must be rock bottom" we find a new way to get lower. I am not advocating this, nor should it happen, but it seems the only way to stop falling father is just killing off the program.

I am so tired of thinking we have hit rock bottom just to find a new low.

It's really hard to argue with that. We got (much) worse week to week. Players played with zero energy. UMass sideline was engaged all game, even when losing. They put in extra effort to get an extra inch on every play. Our guys: standing round, hands on hips, no energy. Our coaches: zero creativity, zero guts, zero clock management, zero coaching. The final quarter may be the worst 15 minutes in the entire history of UConn athletics. Any sport, any program, any game worst. The UMass go-ahead TD: pushed in for 3 yards by their entire offense. Our defensive resistance, like always, way too soft/timid/weak. Timeout there at the end over personnel confusion only points with how bad these guys are coached. Zero excuse for anyone - coach or player. Absolutely brutal. We are the unquestioned worst team in the country. Nobody even compares with how bad we are at football. Nobody.

uconnphil2016

Head Rat
Reaction Score
Randy lost the game

Sounds like it. Why are we playing THAT conservative when we have 1 win are playing UMass. Take a chance for the love of God. I knew they’d try to take the air out of the ball but try mixing in a pass. We just lost to UMass and their backup quarterback

Reaction Score
Sounds like it. Why are we playing THAT conservative when we have 1 win are playing UMass. Take a chance for the love of God. I knew they’d try to take the air out of the ball but try mixing in a pass. We just lost to UMass and their backup quarterback
Randy got the lead and then wilted. UMass played harder and was coached better. They made adjustments and we didn't. The most embarrassing part is that after watching this game, you could combine UMass and UConn's roster and they would still finish at the bottom of the AAC

Reaction Score
This week hurt worse than any other. Whatever glimmer of optimism last week provided, is entirely extinguish.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

It was rainy and windy. So Randy coached scared. Especially once we got a 7-0 lead. UConn had the better players and lost.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom