That Alterique Three | Page 2 | The Boneyard

That Alterique Three

Reaction Score
Alterique is too good to stay here for 4 more years. I think he will enter the draft after next year. If he keeps shooting 3s at the rate he is right now and continues to shed the rust, he will be on NBA scouts radars by end of this year.

Super-talented.
He’s talented, but guys his size and with his health history don’t get taken early. No way he could go first round even if he starts scoring 25 per night...just not realistic. You can count the number of guys his height in the NBA on just a couple of fingers

Reaction Score
He’s talented, but guys his size and with his health history don’t get taken early. No way he could go first round even if he starts scoring 25 per night...just not realistic. You can count the number of guys his height in the NBA on just a couple of fingers

His height limits the likelihood of him being drafted in the NBA. He could play really well (really really well) this year and next and would most likely not be drafted in the first round. However next year will be his 4th in college. Age becomes a concern for players who want to play professionally, players also want to eventually make a living.

I think he will try and pursue the NBA after next year but at the same time feel comfortable playing professionally elsewhere if he doesn't get drafted. I still think he his healthy and continues to shoot really well from beyond the arc, with his speed and athleticism and handle, a team will take him in the 2nd round.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
His height limits the likelihood of him being drafted in the NBA. He could play really well (really really well) this year and next and would most likely not be drafted in the first round. However next year will be his 4th in college. Age becomes a concern for players who want to play professionally, players also want to eventually make a living.

I think he will try and pursue the NBA after next year but at the same time feel comfortable playing professionally elsewhere if he doesn't get drafted. I still think he his healthy and continues to shoot really well from beyond the arc, with his speed and athleticism and handle, a team will take him in the 2nd round.
"Pursue" the NBA the same way Vital did?

Reaction Score
I think what is interesting is that as the NBA 3 pt revolution is proving, when defenses have to stretch to guard longer threes, often the cost/benefit analysis of giving up a few % on your long threes is more than balanced by the additional space it creates in the defense, which can be very easily exploited.

Obviously you have to be able to hit a decent number of them, but I think we are seeing in the latest iteration of basketball theory, the math works.

The point being, regardless of where the college 3pt line actually IS, it may actually make total sense to set your players wider and use that to stretch the defense beyond its comfort or breaking zones.

As long as the math keeps working I'm all for it.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Chris Paul was all about praising AG's performance on Instagram.

Wonder if his ex teammate felt the same way. Lol Melo

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
I think what is interesting is that as the NBA 3 pt revolution is proving, when defenses have to stretch to guard longer threes, often the cost/benefit analysis of giving up a few % on your long threes is more than balanced by the additional space it creates in the defense, which can be very easily exploited.

Obviously you have to be able to hit a decent number of them, but I think we are seeing in the latest iteration of basketball theory, the math works.

The point being, regardless of where the college 3pt line actually IS, it may actually make total sense to set your players wider and use that to stretch the defense beyond its comfort or breaking zones.

zone is for cowards

Reaction Score
CP3 approved

Attachments

• 7EFE0F8F-130B-4CDB-98BC-2FAC96E91F2C.jpeg
    7EFE0F8F-130B-4CDB-98BC-2FAC96E91F2C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 161

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Most of our 3 pointers were behind the NBA line. Not sure we want to rely on those too often.

Syracuse is so long that you don't have a choice. And, as you say, we hit them. Great, great sign.

Reaction Score
Cold as Bazz, smooth as Kemba

Absolute fire

Yea he had a great game, but the moment that impressed me the most was when he blew the wide-open dunk, then absolutely drilled a 3 on the next possession.

If you don't have your confidence rock solid, an embarrassing play like that on national TV in the Worlds Most Famous Arena can just kill your night.

Big moment.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

This is a good post even though I think the analysis is probably more pertinent to the NBA game where there are so many more skilled shooters. That said, were there any other deep bombs other than the late (hugely clutch) shots by Jalen and Alterique? It wasn't like we were shooting hail mary's all game.

People forget that Taliek Brown started this revolution. I 'member.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

Yeah, he'd be a second rounder at best. And you gotta remember the age factor.

He's got a lot of head winds against him to make the NBA. But he's got plenty of time to do it, and what looks like the skill set.

No chance he jumps next year though. Jr at most, as I expect him to graduate early. But probably after senior yr.

intlzncster

Reaction Score

I think he'll def wait till he's graduated. Which I expect after jr year. Though I hear he's a great student.

He's one of those truly special kids like Okafor.

Reaction Score
Trique was the difference.

If he lasts the year, it's gonna be fun. Takes pressure off Jalen. CV. Moves the ball around. Pushes. And he's nails.

Al was great but don’t forget about Tarin. It’s all about balance.

Reaction Score

Coach Hurley, can you please share your thoughts at the moment you stood a few feet from your PG as he was launching a shot from Hoboken with 7 seconds left on the shot clock during a crucial possession?

Reaction Score
Alterique is too good to stay here for 4 more years. I think he will enter the draft after next year. If he keeps shooting 3s at the rate he is right now and continues to shed the rust, he will be on NBA scouts radars by end of this year.

Super-talented.

Agree. AG is still knocking the rust offf his handle. Once he does that, it will be almost impossible to stay with im. Nice to know there is still upside to his game.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Coach Hurley, can you please share your thoughts at the moment you stood a few feet from your PG as he was launching a shot from Hoboken with 7 seconds left on the shot clock during a crucial possession?

Pretty sure AG has a green light to do whatever he wants.

Kid's smart and talented as hell. And I get the feeling Hurley trusts him to make his best decision in the moment.

Reaction Score
Reminded me of Shabazz against Providence I think, that game we won in overtime when he couldn't stop drilling 28 footers.

Reaction Score
I've posted several times the belief that a fully healthy AG is not the McD AA version but possibly something far better. AG was playing with a bad shoulder even while at Miller Grove. The true AG may just now be making his debut.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom