That Alterique Three | The Boneyard

That Alterique Three

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20181115-211747001.jpeg

Reaction Score
Trique was the difference.

If he lasts the year, it's gonna be fun. Takes pressure off Jalen. CV. Moves the ball around. Pushes. And he's nails.

Reaction Score
Most of our 3 pointers were behind the NBA line. Not sure we want to rely on those too often.

That being said, there's a big difference when players shoot to make the shot vs. shooting just to get a shot off. Saw too much of the later last year.

Reaction Score
Most of our 3 pointers were behind the NBA line. Not sure we want to rely on those too often.

That being said, there's a big difference when players shoot to make the shot vs. shooting just to get a shot off. Saw too much of the later last year.

I think what is interesting is that as the NBA 3 pt revolution is proving, when defenses have to stretch to guard longer threes, often the cost/benefit analysis of giving up a few % on your long threes is more than balanced by the additional space it creates in the defense, which can be very easily exploited.

Obviously you have to be able to hit a decent number of them, but I think we are seeing in the latest iteration of basketball theory, the math works.

The point being, regardless of where the college 3pt line actually IS, it may actually make total sense to set your players wider and use that to stretch the defense beyond its comfort or breaking zones.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Fran said 76% of Nova's three's last year came from behind NBA line.

Really like when Vital and Adams are squared up and shoot the almost set shot. They are really squared up and use their legs from the deep 3. Not sure how to explain Al other than he may have a bionic shoulder to hoist it up from that distance.

Reaction Score
I think what is interesting is that as the NBA 3 pt revolution is proving, when defenses have to stretch to guard longer threes, often the cost/benefit analysis of giving up a few % on your long threes is more than balanced by the additional space it creates in the defense, which can be very easily exploited.

Obviously you have to be able to hit a decent number of them, but I think we are seeing in the latest iteration of basketball theory, the math works.

The point being, regardless of where the college 3pt line actually IS, it may actually make total sense to set your players wider and use that to stretch the defense beyond its comfort or breaking zones.

This is a good post even though I think the analysis is probably more pertinent to the NBA game where there are so many more skilled shooters. That said, were there any other deep bombs other than the late (hugely clutch) shots by Jalen and Alterique? It wasn't like we were shooting hail mary's all game.

Reaction Score
This is a good post even though I think the analysis is probably more pertinent to the NBA game where there are so many more skilled shooters. That said, were there any other deep bombs other than the late (hugely clutch) shots by Jalen and Alterique? It wasn't like we were shooting hail mary's all game.
Of course there was a very long trey from Vital.

Reaction Score
Best game he's ever played.

Really look forward to seeing him grow for FOUR MORE YEARS

Alterique is too good to stay here for 4 more years. I think he will enter the draft after next year. If he keeps shooting 3s at the rate he is right now and continues to shed the rust, he will be on NBA scouts radars by end of this year.

Super-talented.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Rique is a special player. Not a lot of rust. 14, 6 and 8. Nothing forced.

I was behind the UConn basket and knew that was an NBA 3 but didn't realize until I got home that he shot that from Hoboken.

Reaction Score

I bet if you look, about 75% of ours were behind the NBA line. And yes, of course college shooters likely wont match NBA efficiency. But that's true of everything in college compared to the NBA. So the analysis is the same regardless.

1. What is the delta % you would shoot from 2-3 feet closer in with a bit higher probability of a contest, versus NBA range with a lower contest?
2. Does the added space to pass/cut/move/shoot/penetrate created by the extended formation justify the delta in #1

I think the answer is a definite yes, particularly since we know Rique, Jalen, Vital can shoot that with their feet set.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom