That’s odd?? | The Boneyard

That’s odd??

Hoops91

The Truth Factory
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it odd Sanogo starts the game but never gets minutes after that? Not sure what that's about? ?

Reaction Score
He is still very raw. Needs more time to develop and he will be fine.

Reaction Score
He needs to quit getting 2 fouls in 3-4 minutes but no matter, it is strange I agree. There’s way too much potential there and a big that can fight to have so few minutes in games. Let him foul out at least but he can back down, make a jump hook with either hand and he can rebound. Feet are getting better on D although he’s not a good passer but none of the bigs are, maybe Whaley but not last night.

Need to see more of him!

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I'd rather get Sanogo running with the 1's and have Carlton and Akok off the bench than have Sanogo coming off the bench to relieve the other two.

Just gets Sanogo mentally prepped for the game and gives him straight up game film on what he needs to do to succeed at this level.

Reaction Score
I'd rather get Sanogo running with the 1's and have Carlton and Akok off the bench than have Sanogo coming off the bench to relieve the other two.

Just gets Sanogo mentally prepped for the game and gives him straight up game film on what he needs to do to succeed at this level.
Sensibly, we do not want him to transfer. A little ego boost in starting. I say well played by Coach.

Reaction Score
Foul trouble. Always seems to leave the court with 2 quick ones

Reaction Score
I think Carlton and Polley prefer coming off the bench... helps cause havoc
Agree. Sanogo starting then quickly getting pulled likely has more to do with how DH wants to handle Carlton than Sanogo.

Reaction Score
I realize this is a bad comparison, but Sanogo is so athletic and moves so quickly for his size that I actually pick up glimpses of Zion sometimes. I realize he isn’t the shooter or overall player but similar build.

Reaction Score
I wonder if Hurley is letting Sanogo eat those early "ref is setting the tone" fouls to protect Carlton and Whaley.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering the value of Akok playing 3 minutes. How does that accomplish anything? I'd rather sit him and let him work more in practice and or heal than play him for 3 minutes.

Reaction Score
IMO it is more important who finishes the game, rather than who starts.

But as others say, it probably provides a nice confidence boost to be on the court at tip.

olehead

Atomic Dogs!
Reaction Score
Does anyone else find it odd Sanogo starts the game but never gets minutes after that? Not sure what that's about? ?
Upholding a loose recruiting agreement perhaps?

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Actually did you notice Sonogo and Carlton did not or rarely played in the second half?

Reaction Score
I was under the impression that Sanogo started because, as raw as he is, he’s a really high energy guy that can set the tempo. If he has a good shift, the opposing team is dealing with instant intensity right from the jump.

Reaction Score

Agree with Chin.. Also think DH is rewarding him with the "start" based on positive things he's seeing in practice from him..

DH is utilizing his press conferences/interviews(very well) to communicate certain motivational messages to his players knowing they will be absorbing those messages.. Great sports/coaching psychology when out of the gym..

Reaction Score
I'm wondering the value of Akok playing 3 minutes. How does that accomplish anything? I'd rather sit him and let him work more in practice and or heal than play him for 3 minutes.
I would be surprised if his practice time is negatively affected by 3 minutes a game. I think it’s a good plan to slowly ease him back into game speed.

Reaction Score
He gets in foul trouble very easily. If he’s going to start i would rather Hurley take him out after the first foul and bring him back in a few minutes later. Instead he’s been getting 2 fouls quickly and then completely out for the rest of the half

Reaction Score
Some of the calls on AS are just lazy calls from the refs..He's a big dude with pretty good foot speed.. I think the refs are anticipating fouls from him vs letting the play/circumstance evolve..

Said another way.. I see quick whistles on AS.. Some legit.. Some incidental.. They're not letting him "play"..

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom