Thanks to Boneyard Nation from Iowa Fan | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thanks to Boneyard Nation from Iowa Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I am not before but now a Iowa fan ... go Clark ---
I could also be a Clark fan save for the trash talk and hand gestures. Those are not necessary. You can bust a player or a team’s chops without telling them about it as you're doing it. Keep it classy.

Barry Sanders cut up defensive players for years on his way to the NFL Hall of Fame. He NEVER talked trash. He didn’t have to. His action and athleticism on the field did all of his talking. He was one of the most respected players of his era.

Kawhi Leonard is another player that will bust your a$* for 48 minutes without saying a word. When you’re on the receiving end of a smackdown, you know it. You don’t like or need to be told about it as it’s happening. Clark can do the same thing. I know she didn't like being on the receiving end of those gestures. She's been getting away with it all year. It finally caught up with her. If you give it out, you'd better be able to take it. Just play the game and let your play and buckets do the talking for you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've become a huge Monica Czinano fan; lots of class, and great player. I will follow whatever team drafts her, she's going to be a good asset on the next level, both on and off the court.

Reaction Score
Wow, I forgot all about Ava Jones. :( A true show of class from Iowa to sign her despite the fact she might not ever play for them.
Did you read that Jeff Walz at Louisville talked to the Iowa staff and Jones' family and helped make arrangements for transportation and accommodations and so forth? Jones is hospitalized in Louisville. Basketball family.

Reaction Score
I could also be a Clark fan save for the trash talk and hand gestures. Those are not necessary. You can bust a player or a team’s chops without telling them about it as you're doing it. Keep it classy.
Absolutely. While I personally don't take drastic issue with players talking some trash, and sometimes it CAN be fun (more in pro sports than college, but YMMV), I personally prefer the players who show up and get it done and let their success/talent speak for itself.

Reaction Score
Did you read that Jeff Walz at Louisville talked to the Iowa staff and Jones' family and helped make arrangements for transportation and accommodations and so forth? Jones is hospitalized in Louisville. Basketball family.
I didn't! I'm not surprised though. Walz has always seemed to me like a very classy guy. I got to meet him some years ago when L'Ville came to play the Orange. He was chatting with the parents and I thought I'd wander over and ask for a picture. Super friendly.

Reaction Score

Barry Sanders cut up defensive players for years on his way to the NFL Hall of Fame. He NEVER talked trash. He didn’t have to. His action and athleticism on the field did all of his talking. He was one of the most respected players of his era.

Kawhi Leonard is another player that will bust your a$* for 48 minutes without saying a word. When you’re on the receiving end of a smackdown, you know it. You don’t like or need to be told about it as it’s happening. Clark can do the same thing. I know she didn't like being on the receiving end of those gestures. She's been getting away with it all year. It finally caught up with her. If you give it out, you'd better be able to take it. Just play the game and let your play and buckets do the talking for you.
Sanders and Leonard are great examples of your point, Carnac, and of how to play the game.

I will note, however, that while you're correct Clark does her share of trash talk and gestures, she doesn't go to the extent Reese did in the final minutes and right after the game yesterdey. That was classless, and beyond what I'd say is typical trash talk.

Caitlin also did take it, simply walking away, and during the post-game, as emotional as she was, she said all the right things when asked about Angel's actions. I was pleased (and mildly surprised) at how well Clark comported herself throughout a tough game and afterward.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom