Thank you UMass | The Boneyard

Thank you UMass

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UCONN Hoops had 2 contributing 5th year players for 2 seasons in Storrs. No guarantees, but that's one of two ways Mr Charmin's plugged holes in Amherst. Keep recruiting better frosh at UCONN. I believe it's happening. However, Diaco needs to 'consider' a few junior college and 5th year players to help plug holes.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
About three people will know to laugh at that...WHICH IS ANOTHER goshdarn PROBLEM.

AT LEAST THEY FIXED IT AFTER 30 YEARS I GUESS

Reaction Score
Pasqualoni left this program for dead and because Diaco hasn't turned a weak roster into winners in 5 games, you're pissed at him. Yeah, that makes sense.

I sincerely apologize if my unnecessarily snarky comment offended you. I was upset at yet another terrible performance by my favorite football team. P may have left the cupboard bare, in my mind but TJ proved otherwise, and I tire of the same excuses be used season after season. Diaco may yet prove to be a competent coach and may eventually lead UCONN football in the right direction, but so far there has not been one iota of evidence to bolster that hope. He is a freshman coach and his redshirt has been burned, but UCONN is in dire straits and if they want fans in the stands and a conference to look seriously at them then they need to win, no more excuses. The play calling, personnel management and strategy have at times been perplexing if not confounding. Continual losing and embarrassing performances will not bring in recruits that will raise UCONN’s talent, only winning and showing that you can develop talent will. I believe the team has enough talent to play competitive football, so I expect to see it show on the field.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
TJ had Casey and I believe if we had him we could have picked up two more wins and we are not having this conversation. I too think TJ should have been retained but we don't know the conversation. Anyone that has been passed over for a position on any level of any work knows TJ probably wasn't staying no matter what. Diaco and the program will be fine, but hard to win when you don't have much of an option at QB or Offensive Line. They have running backs that will be great I think, so that is a plus. Now we just need some horses up front that can block and pass protect. I am pretty sure, Foley knows what he is doing, so its not the coaching of the line, its the product. A coach can only do so much with the talent at hand, the player has to have another gear in them to push their talent level and desire if they really want to win. Clearly this line has neither from what I have seen after 5 games. I do see a team that plays from whistle to whistle and we didnt have that the last 3 years. Regardless of what ever conference we are in, programs like football take at least 2 to 4 years to turn around because the sport isn't like basketball where a freshman will come in an contribute right away (at least not the norm and not in our program's history). UCONN will be fine because we find solutions to problems, not excuses.. We are UCONN..Go Blue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom