Thank you Ryan | The Boneyard

Thank you Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I didn't think it would be the case coming in but Boat has even less help than Kemba and Bazz did. I don't want to be too harsh on Purvis but yikes man.
+1. Agree fully. Don't know what to say about Purvis.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Those missed second free throws have really hurt, but he's being asked to do too much.

Reaction Score
I didn't think it would be the case coming in but Boat has even less help than Kemba and Bazz did. I don't want to be too harsh on Purvis but yikes man.
More Prius than Ferrari. Extremely impressed by Facey though... he plays with as much effort as any big man we've had since Adrien.

Reaction Score
This is it Ryan is having to do too much for this team. Shabazz as great as he was last year had Boat, DD, and Giff. This team is too young and too inexperienced right now. DHam you see flashes that he could be that guy but he is just too gun shy a lot of the time, Brimah was just never in this game at all early fouls killed his night. As for that Ferrari that KO talked about so glowingly well it seems to be a Pinto.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
yep - Boat isn't a top 10 guard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GREAT effort Boat

Reaction Score
You played your a s s off.

I wish you had more help.

Was going to make the same thread. He was the most dangerous player on the court and played so hard. It's crazy how had he has to work for this team. He's our best offensive player, our offensive facilitator, best defender, and our best rebounder. And, he plays every minute. Really a great performance tonight.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Hopefully Hamilton realizes he can take over games. Facey showed a lot of toughness. We'll be much, much better come March.

Reaction Score
Hopefully Hamilton realizes he can take over games. Facey showed a lot of toughness. We'll be much, much better come March.
When we play them in a 1 v 9 game we beat them.

Reaction Score
We need to feature Kentan on O
Yea, quick leaper and very good finisher around the rim, I don't understand why they don't try to get him the ball from 10ft out and let him face up and try to slash. His handle likely isn't that good so get him in close to minimize his dribbles.

Reaction Score
Kid is a warrior and a true husky. Happy he's been on our side the past 4 years. Hope he gets drafted and finds a niche on a team next year.

Reaction Score
Coach k actually flagged him down after the handshakes and spoke with him for a minute. Can only imagine he was paying him some compliments on his game

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
He wants to win on every possession so bad. He's come through so much.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Coach k actually flagged him down after the handshakes and spoke with him for a minute. Can only imagine he was paying him some compliments on his game

Yes I read that K said Boat is the best guard he's played against this season.... they tried their best to defend him and yet he still scored alot of points....

Reaction Score
Does Ryan end up being in the Huskies of Honor club? I think if he continues his exceptional play he should be included. He's a warrior and a true Husky in every sense.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Does Ryan end up being in the Huskies of Honor club? I think if he continues his exceptional play he should be included. He's a warrior and a true Husky in every sense.
It looks that way but we'll see. He was a critical part of last year's NC and he is playing amazingly well right now but it might be hard sell, at least in the near term, if this season comes off the rails.

Reaction Score
I hate writing this, because Boat was 100% in effort, energy, and desire, but on offense, he failed to make his team-mates better. I know I'll get roasted for saying this, but I haven't felt that he was helping our mediocre players rise above their mediocrity.

Reaction Score
Doheny said:
I hate writing this, because Boat was 100% in effort, energy, and desire, but on offense, he failed to make his team-mates better. I know I'll get roasted for saying this, but I haven't felt that he was helping our mediocre players rise above their mediocrity.

I think it's a fair point, but there's only so much he can do - he was drawing second defenders and breaking down the defense, and then his teammates would miss shots or be scared to do anything. Samuel and Facey getting the ball wide open outside and doing nothing was DD or Niels last year popping a three (when SCJR had heavy minutes against Texas, Boat found him repeatedly for open misses). Hamilton and Purvis also had some room to work with after Boat broke things down.

There were a couple times he took it himself on the break when he could have dished, and maybe he should look to get his teammates finishes on those. And I think as the season moves on, Boat has to find Hamilton on cuts more consistently as they get more familiar with each other. Boat can improve in the making teammates better department, but his teammates need to better themselves too. You get the ball open after Boat does the heavy lifting, make the damn shot (or make a play).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom