Thank you Omar and Phil! | The Boneyard

Thank you Omar and Phil!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BUHusky

The original. Accept no substitutes.
Reaction Score
Even though this board is in full meltdown mode and the inmates seem to be running the asylum...today is still Senior Day. And as such all Husky fans should all give a big thank you to Omar and Phil. They've been through a lot of adversity in their 4 years at UConn, but despite it all they never gave up.

-UConn was banned from the tournament their freshman year. But they stayed committed.

-If the ban wasn't already enough, Jim Calhoun suddenly retired. But they stayed committed.

-Omar was very highly ranked and had offers from top programs all over the country. But he stayed committed.

-After their freshman year, the greatest conference in the history of college basketball abruptly evaporated in front of their eyes and UConn was relegated to CUSA 2.0. But they stayed.

-And then Omar had not one, but two hip surgeries. Physically, he was a shell of himself and his playing time dwindled to almost nothing his sophomore and junior years. But he stayed.

-And now in his senior year Phil barely sees the court anymore. But he's always still ready when his number is called.

Omar and Phil are the last Huskies ever that can say they played in the (real) Big East. Omar and Phil are national champions. So if just for one day, can we ALL please appreciate everything those young men have done during their 4 years. I just wish I was at Gampel today to clap and cheer when they lift up those UConn jerseys. It's been an honor to call them Huskies. Thank you Omar and Phil!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
BUHusky, can't say it better than that. 2 good guys, 2 true Huskies as tykurez said. They've earned the same respect as the stars because of what they've gone through and the resliency they both showed.

Thank you

Reaction Score
Thank you Omar and Phil and good luck in the future. True Blue Huskies!

Reaction Score
Great Huskies, they have handled themselves well on the court. Phil had some key moments in 2014. Omar looked like the next Husky great in 2013 as a freshman. Unstoppable from midrange. Our best freshman performance in a long time, though D Hamilton's last year was even better.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Thank you both for your great service. I'll always be rooting for Omar and Phil to be successful no matter where life takes them.

Reaction Score
Yes, Omar and PN were keys to not bailing out when everybody else did. That kept some continuity on the team and definitely helped with us getting our title in '14. Thanks guy for being UCONN players!!!

Reaction Score
So happy for both. They came or stayed when most wouldn't. Honored Huskies for life!

Reaction Score
Even though this board is in full meltdown mode and the inmates seem to be running the asylum...today is still Senior Day. And as such all Husky fans should all give a big thank you to Omar and Phil. They've been through a lot of adversity in their 4 years at UConn, but despite it all they never gave up.

-UConn was banned from the tournament their freshman year. But they stayed committed.

-If the ban wasn't already enough, Jim Calhoun suddenly retired. But they stayed committed.

-Omar was very highly ranked and had offers from top programs all over the country. But he stayed committed.

-After their freshman year, the greatest conference in the history of college basketball abruptly evaporated in front of their eyes and UConn was relegated to CUSA 2.0. But they stayed.

-And then Omar had not one, but two hip surgeries. Physically, he was a shell of himself and his playing time dwindled to almost nothing his sophomore and junior years. But he stayed.

-And now in his senior year Phil barely sees the court anymore. But he's always still ready when his number is called.

Omar and Phil are the last Huskies ever that can say they played in the (real) Big East. Omar and Phil are national champions. So if just for one day, can we ALL please appreciate everything those young men have done during their 4 years. I just wish I was at Gampel today to clap and cheer when they lift up those UConn jerseys. It's been an honor to call them Huskies. Thank you Omar and Phil!

Every once in a while, someone rises out of this shtpile and posts something really good. Thanks for the post and fitting tribute to 2 true Huskies.

Reaction Score
Perfectly stated. Both quintessential loyal 4 year huskies. With the diamond stone thread going on in sharp contrast I'd take Omar and Phil over that clown any day and that has nothing to do with present sentimentality. Thanks guys for staying the course!

Reaction Score
I'm sure this is not how Omar thought his career would wrap up and probably thought he'd be in the NBA right now but there were never reports of him being less than an ideal teammate and ideal gentleman.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Please just tell me they are both graduating and helping UConn's APR and GSR numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom