Thank You Jalen Adams | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Thank You Jalen Adams

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
The 100th reply has to be this great Mike Francesa call on Jalen's signature UCONN moment.

Jalen was a great kid from New England. A home boy. Symbolic of the Ollie Era. The scooter incident did him no favors. I respect his loyalty for sure. A nice player. I wished he played well in first halves. Would have seen a ton more wins.

Last edited:

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
In the old Big East, no. In the AAC Kemba would have gotten them to the tournament.

I dunno man. You think he's worth 7+ wins (and subtracting Adams)? That's a monstrous amount for one player. They'd double/triple him, and let one of our other guys try to beat them. Which none have shown they could do consistently.

Most pointedly, Kemba couldn't make any of these guys hit shots. They just can't shoot.

Reaction Score
I dunno man. You think he's worth 7+ wins (and subtracting Adams)? That's a monstrous amount for one player. They'd double/triple him, and let one of our other guys try to beat them. Which none have shown they could do consistently.

Most pointedly, Kemba couldn't make any of these guys hit shots. They just can't shoot.
Yes, I really do. Kemba as a junior is one of the best college basketball players we have seen in recent memory. He would absolutely destroy the AAC.

Reaction Score
Raw deal? Played for a program coming off of a national championship for 4 years that’s a raw deal? Someone put him right up there with Ray and Kemba didn’t say it was you. You need to play d no excuses at all, that’s #1.

I’m not rating him without understanding he wasn’t playing with great players. Just by what he brought night in night out. He’s your best player need him to lead, play smart, play hard all the time. Wasn’t always that way like it or not.
If you love dan then you have to accept his take on Jalen

Reaction Score

Which added to the outlier of Jalen not sharing the ball or dominating with”hero ball “. Tops in aac dimes as a sophomore purvis and facey leave. And here we are.

Reaction Score
Thank you Jalen. A true Husky and bleeds blue through and through.

In this era of decommits and bailing on a program when the coach is fired, he stuck it through knowing that it was a rebuild. Loyalty means a lot more these days and he stuck around knowing that he didn't have the talent around him that the programs had and could have easily transferred to without sitting a year.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Thank you Jalen. For all of the reasons mentioned above and for some of the most amazing drives I've ever seen. Good luck going forward.

As far as those who came here to knock you, Don't take it personally. They'd walk into wakes and trash the deceased too.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
It’s a thank you thread for a kid who’s career ended 6 hours ago. I don’t know what the necessity is in pointing out his flaws. It’s not like it hasn’t been discussed on this board thousands of times.

Thank you Jalen.

lol, seriously. Superjohn is that guy at funerals that has to remind everyone how much of a Richard the guy was before his body is even cold.

Reaction Score
Raw deal? Played for a program coming off of a national championship for 4 years that’s a raw deal? Someone put him right up there with Ray and Kemba didn’t say it was you. You need to play d no excuses at all, that’s #1.

I’m not rating him without understanding he wasn’t playing with great players. Just by what he brought night in night out. He’s your best player need him to lead, play smart, play hard all the time. Wasn’t always that way like it or not.
It is possible that the kid both wasn't coached properly and he isn't very coachable. Recruiting is difficult because it isn't about one thing. Physical ability matters, skill matters and the mental side matters too.

Reaction Score
Again, should not be surprised, but a thread titled Thank You Jalen Adams has people criticizing and trashing him. Talk about people going off the rails. If you want to criticize him or trash him start your own thread.

Reaction Score
I did.

Honestly it was about the same as when we had him. We played Houston pretty much down to the end and played everyone down to the wire except for the SMU debacle. The record wasn't good but it was pretty bad with him and we didn't suffer the kind of beat downs we did with him.

What a ridiculous statement. We were trash without Jalen Adams on the court this year. To say we were the same without him is so far from true. The guy was averaging 18 points a game and you’re saying we were the same without him on the court? Come on man, shape up.

Reaction Score
What a ridiculous statement. We were trash without Jalen Adams on the court this year. To say we were the same without him is so far from true. The guy was averaging 18 points a game and you’re saying we were the same without him on the court? Come on man, shape up.
We were trash with him as well, didn't win a single road game before he got injured. Do you really think we were all of a sudden going to magically start winning them had he not missed those 8 games? We were trash with him running point the past two seasons before this.

This narrative that we were a good team before Jalen got injured is fantasy. Celebrate his career, wish him well in the future but don't rewrite what happened.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Don't mind him. He says half the stuff he says to get a rise out of people. Nobody in their right mind believes we are the same team with and without Jalen. And if they believe that, they should stop watching basketball...

Reaction Score
We were trash with him as well, didn't win a single road game before he got injured. Do you really think we were all of a sudden going to magically start winning them had he not missed those 8 games? We were trash with him running point the past two seasons before this.

This narrative that we were a good team before Jalen got injured is fantasy. Celebrate his career, wish him well in the future but don't rewrite what happened.
I believe we are well above .500 with Jalen Healthy. Jalen, rique, and the improved Josh Carlton don’t go 1-7 in that 8 game stretch. Something like 18-15 was definitely obtainable

Reaction Score
Come on....I blame Ollie for a ton of things but not developing a left, not developing a jump shot, being scared to draw fouls, not being in amazing shape. These are all on Jalen. Nice kid and I hope he does great in life but the coddling of him is pretty insane here, he didn't exactly bust his butt.

It’s too bad that people cant put this to bed for one thread, especially when they express the same sentiment in about half a dozen other ones.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom