Thank you, Doggy Daddy | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank you, Doggy Daddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I just watched the segment you appeared in on CPTVS (it’s on Youtube) and basically wish to congratulate you for doing a nice job, and express my appreciation for your clarification of the fundamental nature of The Boneyard. Further, while you and I have, understandably, given the context, traded jabs for some time, and while we are not personally acquainted, you come off as a super-nice guy who I’m sure I’d like if we were.

When you, with obvious sincerity, speak of Boneyarders thinking of themselves as “grandparents” of the players, and thinking of those players as “our girls,” the stage is set for frequent unintended disagreement with several people (undoubtedly in the minority) who post here…people who, in sincerity, but with a misunderstanding of the nature of the forum, wish to treat it as mainly a basketball board. Now I am sufficiently fortunate to have a boatload of grandchildren, about each one of whom I am certifiably nuts. But I have to admit that I have never thought of the UConn players as my grandchildren, nor do I think of them as “my girls.” In my opinion, not widely shared, I admit, such terminology is demeaning to them, though that is clearly not your intention. I think of them as extraordinarily talented and strong and self-sufficient young women who neither seek nor require my sheltering. So, when you go on to state that based upon your proprietary feelings you consider it your proper role, in response to certain posts, to step in in a protective manner, conflicts inevitably arise with other posters who simply wish to make objective points about basketball-related issues.

You are in the majority, and I accept and respect that fact. Further, the moderators clearly are favorably disposed to your approach, and I accept that as well. But we ought to agree that a double-standard exists that makes the forum incompatible with pure basketball analysis, which, inevitably, involves well-meaning posts that point out perceived shortcomings in some players’ performance. I don’t know if you post on the men’s board (I don’t), but I doubt if you consider yourself a kind of “grandparent” to those players, or think of them as “your boys.” I’m not trying to give you a hard time…I understand your perspective. So, for me personally, I have reconciled myself to the fact that this is a booster board and will no longer make any observations to which even the most protective of Boneyarders might misconstrue as “whining” or “bashing” (two of their favorite words).

Again, thank you. I think you’re a good guy!

I am behind the times...what should I search for on YouTube...what is the show title?

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
I am behind the times...what should I search for on YouTube...what is the show title?
go to the post pinned to the top of the board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01