Thank you Bob Diaco.... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Thank you Bob Diaco....

Reaction Score
Why is Diaco getting so much praise for his new job.
National pundits laud Diaco hire

The UConn defense under his reign was nothing to shout about.
Because of his success as a DC under Brian kelly and Cincinnati and Notre Dame. Here the defense was led by Poindexter and Brown to an extent as far as they are concerned.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Because of his success as a DC under Brian kelly and Cincinnati and Notre Dame. Here the defense was led by Poindexter and Brown to an extent as far as they are concerned.

You might want to inform Cinci fans thatBD was good in his stop there. They have no love for the guy.

Reaction Score
You might want to inform Cinci fans thatBD was good in his stop there. They have no love for the guy.
What fanbases think is good and what "national" writers think is good are 2 different things. I could care less what Cincy or ND fans think of him...just like I'm sure Nebraska fans could care less what we think of him.

Reaction Score
Thanks for nothing, Bob. Except the trophy turned fund raiser.

craiglist2.jpg

Really, it's on Craigslist?

Reaction Score
Ranking the top coordinator hires in college football
He's the #2 hire on this list....

>>>>>>>
No. 2: Bob Diaco
New job: Nebraska defensive coordinator
Previous job: Connecticut head coach
After an entertaining but not especially successful run at UConn, Diaco is back doing what he does best. He's an exceptional defensive architect who will give a sleepy Nebraska defense the jolt it needs entering a pivotal year for coach Mike Riley. Look at what has happened to Notre Dame's defense since Diaco left South Bend following the 2013 season. Diaco's Notre Dame defenses allowed an average of just 19.1 points during his tenure. After a very poor finish, Nebraska needed to use its financial muscle and make an impact hire, and Diaco certainly fits.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ranking the top coordinator hires in college football
He's the #2 hire on this list....

>>>>>>>
No. 2: Bob Diaco
New job:
Nebraska defensive coordinator
Previous job: Connecticut head coach
After an entertaining but not especially successful run at UConn, Diaco is back doing what he does best. He's an exceptional defensive architect who will give a sleepy Nebraska defense the jolt it needs entering a pivotal year for coach Mike Riley. Look at what has happened to Notre Dame's defense since Diaco left South Bend following the 2013 season. Diaco's Notre Dame defenses allowed an average of just 19.1 points during his tenure. After a very poor finish, Nebraska needed to use its financial muscle and make an impact hire, and Diaco certainly fits.
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Maybe it was entertaining for offenses from opponents in the AAC. But it sucked from any seat in the RENT. Adam Rettenberg as a ESPN Staff writer has a long way to go. Maybe SNL will want to use his comedic talents. NOT!!!!!!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reaction Score
He had zero success here, but there are many former husker black shirts that are incredibly happy with the hire and speak very highly of his defensive mind.

We'll see how it turns out.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
What fanbases think is good and what "national" writers think is good are 2 different things. I could care less what Cincy or ND fans think of him...just like I'm sure Nebraska fans could care less what we think of him.

As a general matter, I would put more reliance on what a fanbase thinks than a national writer. The fanbase watches these guys everyday. I recall Syracuse fans insisting PP and GDL would be a dumpster fire (right) and Cinci fans insisting BD really wasn't a good D (right).

Reaction Score
God they have no idea what BD tenure here was like here, no freaking clue all.

Reaction Score
God they have no idea what BD tenure here was like here, no freaking clue all.
No, they just know that Nebraska, that great and blueblood program would only hire the best, so he must be good, despite other evidence

Reaction Score
As a general matter, I would put more reliance on what a fanbase thinks than a national writer. The fanbase watches these guys everyday. I recall Syracuse fans insisting PP and GDL would be a dumpster fire (right) and Cinci fans insisting BD really wasn't a good D (right).
There were also some ND fans who had good things to say about him. In the end I could care less about Diaco he's Nebraska's problem now.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Diaco is a really good defensive coordinator, not so much a head coach. I'm sure he'll do great being back in his comfort zone, he just wasn't ready to be a head coach.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom