Thad Matta ponders about Georgia Job | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Thad Matta ponders about Georgia Job

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
UGA has a commit from Ashton Hagans, 5 star who is a GA kid and family, so I’d think any UGA coach has a look at keeping him.

Haven’t seen him decommit or re-open.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
UGA has a commit from Ashton Hagans, 5 star who is a GA kid and family, so I’d think any UGA coach has a look at keeping him.

Haven’t seen him decommit or re-open.

He decommitted a week or so ago.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Georgia is the better job. Pitt has a lot of work for them.

Not sure I'd agree with that. Pitt is the bigger challenge going in, but also likely the most rewarding if Matta can make it work. Georgia hoops will always be 2nd fiddle to football. At Pitt, they've recognized they're currently 2nd tier in both. Howland and Dixon were revered when Pitt was making the 2nd weekend, despite never making a FF.

EDIT: Just read page 2 and see this was already discussed. So I'll just add that while Athens may be a cool little college town, $3 mill/year sets you up sweetly in the "most liveable city in the US".

Reaction Score
Not sure I'd agree with that. Pitt is the bigger challenge going in, but also likely the most rewarding if Matta can make it work. Georgia hoops will always be 2nd fiddle to football. At Pitt, they've recognized they're currently 2nd tier in both. Howland and Dixon were revered when Pitt was making the 2nd weekend, despite never making a FF.

EDIT: Just read page 2 and see this was already discussed. So I'll just add that while Athens may be a cool little college town, $3 mill/year sets you up sweetly in the "most liveable city in the US".
I still think Georgia is the better job

Reaction Score
I would say UGA is the better job. Fox had 9 years at UGA. There is some stability there. The SEC has increased its commitment to basketball. It will always be backseat to football at UGA (by far), but the same is true at most schools, including Pitt.

Pitt is dysfunctional. Dixon left on strange terms. Stallings was a bad hire. The old Chancellor and old AD were key contributors to the end of the old Big East, and they are both gone. New Chancellor (that was there for Stallings hire) and new AD (who was not).

Stallings fired for cause is a real bad look. By all accounts he ran a clean program. UConn may have some dirty leverage on KO. Pitt citing Stallings reacting to fan taunts is ridiculous. They didn't take action at the time, so it's a manufactured way to cheat him of his buyout.

Pitt is a mess. Why go there with how they are treating Stallings, if there are similar options? UGA is the better job.

Also, Athens is great.
Crean chooses UGA over Pitt.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
He decommitted a week or so ago.

Interesting, thanks - I didn’t bother looking it up before posting - knowing he’s a home grown GA kid with ties to UGA I’d think the new coach could sell him.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom