Thad Matta ponders about Georgia Job | The Boneyard

Thad Matta ponders about Georgia Job

Reaction Score
Word is that Matta wants the Pitt job, and won’t accept the Georgia offer until it’s clear he won’t get an offer there.

Reaction Score
Word is that Matta wants the Pitt job, and won’t accept the Georgia offer until it’s clear he won’t get an offer there.

Interesting...

Source?

Reaction Score
Why can’t mark schmidt be a candidate for Pitt or Georgia Job. I wouldn’t be surprised Pitt might take Schmidt then we get Hurley. Two best A10 coaching candidates.

Reaction Score
Fair enough!

I could make the argument that Georgia could (emphasis on could) be a better job than Pitt
Georgia is the better job. Pitt has a lot of work for them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Should be a dog fight between Matta and Dan Hurley for the Pitt job - it comes down to the $ and Hurley's buyout - Matta , I think, would command more $ but has no buyout. However if Matta gets itchy and takes the Georgia stint, then it opens the door for Pitt and now it's Pitt vs UConn, ACC vs AAC for Hurley

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Not sure it’s been written about at all yet, but it’s info I trust. Take that for what you will.

It's logical if he liked being in central Ohio, that he might prefer Western PA to Georgia. Perhaps a region he's more comfortable in?

Reaction Score
It's logical if he liked being in central Ohio, that he might prefer Western PA to Georgia. Perhaps a region he's more comfortable in?
It’s hard to recruit for UGA in basketball right now. You have Kentucky pulling kids from all over the south, Florida doing so to a lesser extent, and Duke has a strong grip on the southeastern seaboard too.

Not saying the Pittsburgh is a hot bed either, but at least Matta knows that area of the country much better.

Reaction Score
It’s hard to recruit for UGA in basketball right now. You have Kentucky pulling kids from all over the south, Florida doing so to a lesser extent, and Duke has a strong grip on the southeastern seaboard too.

Not saying the Pittsburgh is a hot bed either, but at least Matta knows that area of the country much better.

That's true.

I will say that Georgia has more talent coming back and it's much easier to rise up in the SEC than in the ACC.

The potential for Georgia is there. Atlanta is an hour down the road, they just re-did Stegman, it's a really good academic school with a beautiful campus in a great college town.

There just needs to be that institutional push from the athletic establishment there; especially the AD and the athletic foundation/donors.

Reaction Score
Hmm. Either he's holding out for something different or he really doesn't think he can coach again yet
You gotta wonder what he says if he truely wants the Pitt job and takes it if they offer him after making this statement about UGA.

Reaction Score
You gotta wonder what he says if he truely wants the Pitt job and takes it if they offer him after making this statement about UGA.

Yo gotta think this is the health thing.

If he wanted a different job, he'd go the "not a right fit for myself and my family" route, right?

Reaction Score
Yo gotta think this is the health thing.

If he wanted a different job, he'd go the "not a right fit for myself and my family" route, right?
Don't think so. This is a polite way of saying I don't want the UGA job. That's a football school without a proven commitment to their basketball program.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom