Thabeet NBA Comeback | The Boneyard

Thabeet NBA Comeback

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
I hope the best for the guy
However, he and AB suffer from the same lack of heart, desire and the work ethic needed to improve their game to the next level - too bad

Reaction Score
Because he's a gifted shotblocker, i'm surprised that he can't stick at the end of the bench just for scrimmage purposes. Wish him luck

YearoftheHusky

Name checks out.
Reaction Score
However, he and AB suffer from the same lack of heart, desire and the work ethic needed to improve their game to the next level - too bad

Makes total sense. He lacks the heart, desire and work ethic needed to improve - which is why he’s spent five years working on his game in an effort to make it back. ‍♂️

Reaction Score

I think they both had heart in college I can't answer for after although we hear of Thabeet. I sincerely think Amida has the desire but falls short in too many other areas. That was gaining in each and every category far beyond what AB was and yet he somehow stopped his growth on his own from what you read it's too bad. I wish him all the luck in the world to stay on a roster or go to Europe and make some coin playing out there.

Reaction Score

Casual fan...

Reaction Score
Great college player.
Wonderful example of UConn developing players.
Great memories of him breaking Louisville's will to compete.
Had one good year and got drafted but if the NBA knew anything but hype he should have stayed another season to refine his game. But somebody was looking for a villain for the big show and he fit the bill. Lacked the finesse to go with his inside game though. And his first 2 years he regularly got shoved around by smarter smaller players. His Jr year he was very good but still learning and wasn’t ready for the. NBA Another year with Calhoun learning to refine his game and shoot a little from beyond 3 feet and he would h ave had a memorable career

pj

Reaction Score
Had one good year and got drafted but if the NBA knew anything but hype he should have stayed another season to refine his game. But somebody was looking for a villain for the big show and he fit the bill. Lacked the finesse to go with his inside game though. And his first 2 years he regularly got shoved around by smarter smaller players. His Jr year he was very good but still learning and wasn’t ready for the. NBA Another year with Calhoun learning to refine his game and shoot a little from beyond 3 feet and he would h ave had a memorable career

The NBA often drafts on potential, and he could have developed the strength and skills he needed just as readily in the NBA as at UConn, if not more so given unlimited coaching time. Going pro wasn't a mistake, not taking advantage of the opportunity was a mistake. Hopefully he's matured because he's still in the prime of his athletic life.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
For what it's worth JC recommended he stay another year in college. Perhaps he would have provided the "motivation" needed. That might have helped helped him in making up his mind not to stay in college in addition to the guaranteed money.

Reaction Score
Sorry if I’m #2 overall I’m outta there! No Brainer By Hasheem
I guess it’s good pay for a career in the dleague. Personally I prefer to be successful but that’s not everybody’s view. And I suppose if you don’t much care about actually playing basketball, you have some other life goal, it is a really good plan.

Reaction Score
100% the right move to leave when he did. I guess since his career was a bust you can say he should have come back and it might have turned out differently, and no one can prove you wrong, but there's no real logic behind it.

He was a dominant college player, he was the #2 pick in the draft, and he got every opportunity in the NBA to play and develop his game. Dominating smaller, inferior athletes for one more year wouldn't have really helped his career

SubInATub

I have midnight visits
Reaction Score
No team will want him with TACKO coming into the league !

Reaction Score
No team will want him with TACKO coming into the league !
thabeet was far more dominant than tacko in college, the only thing that tacko had that thabeet didn’t was the chance to play zion and get recognition from there

Reaction Score
There’s nothing wrong with criticizing thabeet’s work ethic from back then (I’m sure he is working hard now). It was very well known that he wasn’t really a basketball junkie. To be and stay an nba player, most guys have to be very very driven specifically to get better in basketball. Millions of basketball players exist and only a few hundred are in the nba. That doesn’t mean he isn’t good guy or a uconn great. And he certainly was developed very well at uconn to succeed in college. Calhoun actually used him masterfully, especially how he had our defenders funnel ball handlers to him. But the game was already changing, thabeet was drafted too high anyway, and he enjoyed lifestyle but didn’t want to put in the work to be great. In reality, he had a lot in common with most of us as far as passion for his job.

Reactions: pj

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom